The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Geek Love | Friday Fun Part 1

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Essentially, grown adults lost in their hyper realities. Their parents dont do them any favours as well...
I`m a bit lost for words.
Comments?

I've seen plenty of...weird people on the internet over the years. The person in this video looks normal compared to the ones I'm about to post.

The dreaded furries...talk about adults lost in their hyper realities.

^ This channel has a bunch of...interesting stories.

About 10 years ago MLP had a lot of fans like the person in the video (although this guy seems rather normal to me). I don't know about today.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't pay attention to these people, like I don't pay attention to anti-vax or flat-earthers. At least they seem to be having fun and enjoying themselves, so who am I to judge?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Comments?

That's some damn well-done Master Chief armor

JK not

I'm always weary of criticizing these folks because 1)who am I to judge if they don't hurt anyone, it's just cringey at max 2) I feel I start sounding like slowlaners talking to us "you're crazy, living in a fake world". By the way from what I've seen, this is nothing compared to stuff going on in actual Japan. And yet look at them, their economy, their crime rates, their education quality etc etc. (overly simplistic I know, not perfect by any means)

Now I'll gladly judge anyone leeching from their parents and not being self-sustainable after 21 in lieu of buying action figures. However if you earn your damn money you can wipe your butt with it for all I care.

Disclaimer: I went flying blind for this a bit because I can't watch the videos rn but I've cosplayed and played role-playing games type of thing when I was in high-school, I just became interested in other things after I graduated.

NOTICE ME SEMPAIIII

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
The thing is you might be blind to some of the value these kind of activities give these people. They get a sense of community and often these hobbies lead into creative outlets.

I don't always agree with how much money can be blown on this stuff, but it's really not up to me. It's not my life.

Let these people do what they want if it makes them happy. That's what freedom is all about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The thing is you might be blind to some of the value these kind of activities give these people. They get a sense of community and often these hobbies lead into creative outlets.

I don't always agree with how much money can be blown on this stuff, but it's really not up to me. It's not my life.

Let these people do what they want if it makes them happy. That's what freedom is all about.

Besides the relative cringiness (that's on me, not on them), how is this any different than blowing money on any other leisure activity/collectibles/gadgets that is more "socially accepted".

I don't see people posting this about (silly example) BDSM products and honestly you can keep your spanking, thanks--. We all know there's people that pay to drink piss or being shat in the face, as well.

Or like, why is a collectible figure sillier than a motorbike, a pair of Yeezy shoes, a Louis Vuitton bag, etc etc etc

Call me when they are actually hurting a real pony, I'll start the crusade then

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
Besides the relative cringiness (that's on me, not on them), how is this any different than blowing money on any other leisure activity/collectibles/gadgets that is more "socially accepted".

I don't see people posting this about (silly example) BDSM products and honestly you can keep your spanking, thanks--. We all know there's people that pay to drink piss or being shat in the face, as well.

Or like, why is a collectible figure sillier than a motorbike, a pair of Yeezy shoes, a Louis Vuitton bag, etc etc etc

Call me when they are actually hurting a real pony, I'll start the crusade then

Like I said, it's more my personal opinion. I'm not a big supporter of blowing money frivolously (regardless of the activity, socially acceptable or not), but I also recognize that it's not up to me to judge how people spend their money.

I'm a bit familiar with hobbyist spending way beyond their means to fuel their hobby. I'm just saying some people should participate in their hobby while maintaining responsibility over their finances.

Either way, it's not really my business to judge other people's spending habits :happy:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.