The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freelancer to Dedicated Partner???

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
The other day I was looking up on hiring code teams to do coding for me, since coding isn't my forte (and it eats lots of time too!). Currently for my gig I would be using plug-ins, but I would require more construction into order to satisfy the commandment of entry-building a website that isn't like any copycat entrepreneural wannabes.

I looked up on Fiverr and discovered that the site itself was founded by a non-tech guy with support from a Russian coder with a similar idea. The story behind it is alien to most business stories, but quite incredible. Here's the article. This is a rarity!:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...awyer/&usg=AFQjCNFI1tzcUMpyI93bhk3Qeg0qg8sXhA

I have heard horror stories of dealing with outsourcers, yet this relationship seems quite fluid. Operating in different locations of the planet, yet the productivity level is even better than many brick-and-mortar businesses. Fiverr is quite a bustling service today.

Some questions for Fastlaners:
1. How in the hell are such business relationships mantained remotely, when even cubicle relationships in the slowlane workplaces are generally at an all time low?

2.How was the founder of Fiverr able to obey the commandment of control-at least to hold the reins together?

A quote from the article:
"To this day, Kaufman and his partner have never met face-to-face. They conducted the whole relationship over the Internet. Even though they got to know each others' families and Kaufman would send birthday gifts to his partners' kids, whenever they made plans to meet something would come up. "Now we're afraid of jinxing it," Kaufman says.' "

Control would not require tyranny but a fluid decision making process that ensures everyone gets the rightful fruits of their labours, but this is remote working. I have read the series of books concerning remote working by the guys behind Basecamp (Remote, Rework and others), but they are very basic, and can be said to be merely sales pullers for their products.

Good read for beginners, but not good enough.

Fastlaners with outsourced code teams, how have you pulled through without breaking up? Do you meet up at least once a year face-to-face? What is your employees rewards system like? (entrepreneurs create rewards systems like Ford's 5-days-for-two and pay raises)

3.Have any freelancer or code teams eventually decided to work for you full time, i.e on a more significant regular basis to the point they could be rightfully considered your partner?

I am very interested with this issue as it defies many laws of business, allowing greater flexibility and more answers to solutions. The threads here seem quite bare about the issue...or I must have not searched hard enough. I would like to hear your ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.