The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FREE Skype Call Mentoring

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I have decided based on another forum members request to provide ongoing Skype call mentoring for anyone who wants it. Here are a few things on format and procedure:

1. This will be 100% anonymous on my part, sorry I'm paranoid like that.
2. All calls will be through Skype only, I will provide you with my Skype ID via private message.
3. All calls need to be scheduled through private message on the forum and will be in 10 minute increments only (You can schedule multiple calls, there is no cap). Most of my free time for this will be 6AM-9AM EST Monday through Friday.
4. I will only speak to you if you have specific questions about anything, no general questions allowed IE. BRO, WHAT DO YOU DO? or BRO, WHATS A GOOD INDUSTRY?
5. I will never ask you for money for anything, ever. I am not trying to raise money for homeless people or some BS like that, i am just looking to give back in my own way.

MJ, if you could sticky this that would be huge, if not I understand.

Ps. If I miss your call it is because i got bombarded with something and i will reschedule it with you, nothing personal.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I was caller Number 1.

@458 gave me excellent advice on a problem I've been stuck with for a while. In 10 minutes, he was able to come up with what's been holding me back and what I need to do going forward.

Definitely worth the time, thank you @458 for being so generous with your time.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I will never ask you for money for anything, ever. I am not trying to raise money for homeless people or some BS like that, i am just looking to give back in my own way.

Was a little skeptical in allowing this (myself of the forum mods don't know you are) but this makes me a believer.

I'll sticky for you, appreciate the effort.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Thanks for doing this @458. I haven't done any calls with forum members recently and you're inspiring me to do something for the community again.

What I find interesting is that even giving your time away for free isn't an easy sell. People took you up on your offer because of the knowledge you gave away for free helping others in their threads.

When someone who hasn't contributed offers something like this then if often doesn't end well.

Honestly not many people actually PM me for a call and only one of them actually kept setting up calls with me.. But that's basic stats for you. The one percent is the one percent and it will always be that way.

Could be that most people on here still wanna hear the Zen pitch on BS hype. Most people wanna buy BS, they want to be lied to. My calls are not fun, i think most people are scared to speak to me, rightfully so.. I have nothing good to tell you because if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be calling me.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Honestly didn't know this was some kind of game to get a 10-min Skype call.

I do agree with the quote. Thanks man!

EDIT: I'm still down to do a Skype call too haha

It's not a game, its life.. No one will ever pay attention to you because you simply exist. You have to be annoying as hell and call and call and call. Everyone else is too busy with there own shit to pay attention to you and your needs..

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
It's been 7 months since I did my first call with @458 .

I more than doubled my monthly income since then. And, I only had two calls with him total so far.

He helped me to:
  • Look at my "available cash" differently. It became very clear to me that it was the perfect time in my business to get a loan.
  • How to better deal with the fear that comes with business growth.
  • And, recommendations on the hiring process.
Yeah.. it's true. Those two 10 minute phone calls set me on a path for rapid growth, which is still growing.

I haven't had a third call with him yet because I've been too busy working. But, as soon as a good question comes up, I'll contact him again.

For what it's worth guys.. take the free mentoring.

@458 Thanks man!

Last edited:

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Had a call on Monday with @458 for 10 minutes. Helped me skip some bullshit and just get straight to the money. Would recommend it to anyone who's stuck somewhere in their journey.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
So, @458 offers free advice and promises to never ask for money. Genuinely enjoys adding value and sharing knowledge. Takes out no ads for this service. And, amazingly already has more positive testimonials from this community then the others that are charging for their "knowledge". Hmmmm. @458 if there is anything I can do to help you out with anything (some grunt work or anything) please feel free to pm me. Awesome stuff and thank you for your time.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
It's been 7 months since I did my first call with @458 .

I more than doubled my monthly income since then. And, I only had two calls with him total so far.

He helped me to:
  • Look at my "available cash" differently. It became very clear to me that it was the perfect time in my business to get a loan.
  • How to better deal with the fear that comes with business growth.
  • And, recommendations on the hiring process.
Yeah.. it's true. Those two 10 minute phone calls set me on a path for rapid growth, which is still growing.

I haven't had a third call with him yet because I've been too busy working. But, as soon as a good question comes up, I'll contact him again.

For what it's worth guys.. take the free mentoring.

@458 Thanks man!

That is awesome! Very happy I could help and that our chat produced positive gains in your life!

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Had a good call on Thursday with @458

He helped me see through some of the bullshit I had been telling myself over the last six months about where I was on my journey and where I am going.

He also explained how I need to master a skill as people will only see me as a 'punk a$$ kid' at the moment. For the last two years I had been writing copy for businesses but in recent times I had burnt out from it. However, he made me realize that it's the one area where I excel at the moment.

I need to commit to 12 hour working days everyday for the next 10 years in Real Estate which is where I want to end up. Knowledge and resources needed before any real progress can be made.

P.S
Landed a $4000 dollar copywriting contract yesterday with a previous client who I followed up again with after my call with 458.

Last edited:

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
It's 3:30AM where I am and I just got off the phone with @458

I am wanting to get better with sales and landed a client today who I will be doing contract work for. @458 gave me direct areas that I need to improve on immediately in my sales pitch to get better. We also talked about the process for selling for yourself versus selling for a company. Lastly, we talked about leveraging money and how one could make it work for them.

I believed this would be a quick hitting conversation where there would be zero hand holding. I was right and I appreciated every minute of his time.

Quit reading, private message @458 and get a time slot in place. You will not regret it!

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I called this dude. I want all you super curious ppl to know. Here’s a recap of the convo.

Him: Hi
Me: Hello!

Him: So you can just talk about whatever you want.
Me: ok...

Me: BLAH! Blah blah, blah, blah BLAH blah.. blahhhhhh!
Him: Your probability for success is highest if you stick to what you have been doing for many years and don’t try something new, like getting into the most competitive industry on earth when you’re already 38.

Me: <silence>
Him: I mean, that’s what the majority of these calls are. People don’t want to hear it but.. if we’re talking probabilities..

Me: <still silent but my nose is flaring a lot, my eyes are squinting and I may be gripping my phone rather tight>
Him: I think you’ve done well, you have a lot of experience. If you invest more into the field you have experience in you’ll be even more successful.

Me: <remembering he’s just a guy who prolly works an ungodly amount of time and is sharing advice while being polite> Thanks dude, hope you have a good week.
Him: You too! Feel free to chat again in a couple months.

So... this guy is nice. I’m used to talking to ppl with ADD, while they chug espresso. He talks like a Midwesterner. Measured. Calm. No jarring accent. He doesn’t sound haughty either. He sounds like somebody who gives you time to think. I could tell he felt bad about popping my mega dream bubble but.. that’s why I called, ya know? To get his opinion.

I dunno if I’ll ever call again. I have a bunch of successful ppl who talk to me every week and it’s kida awkward talking to a complete stranger for only ten minutes. He seems decent enough and he gets to the point so that’s good. I dunno if I’ll ever ask for life-changing advice from anyone again. I think I’m gonna stick to asking for help for specific problems. I’m glad I did it instead of chickening out.

If you’re reading this in Feb 2021 could you please pm me and find out if I made my millions by taking his advice or doing the SEO stuff? Thanks.

Everyone wants to hear there the next Tom Brady.. But NO ONE wants to hear there better off being the air supplier for the balls he throws. But hey, that's life!

Oh and this:

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for doing this @458. I haven't done any calls with forum members recently and you're inspiring me to do something for the community again.

What I find interesting is that even giving your time away for free isn't an easy sell. People took you up on your offer because of the knowledge you gave away for free helping others in their threads.

When someone who hasn't contributed offers something like this then if often doesn't end well.

Vilox

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
Sep 12, 2016
Germany
Aren't you the guy who did 5000 cold calls in a day? Believe it or not, I regularly think of that thread. Especially when I feel like quitting after making a couple of dozen calls.

I don't have a specific question to ask you right now, but I'd love to connect in case something comes up. I'll shoot you a message.

Thanks for doing this!

Last edited:

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Could be that most people on here still wanna hear the Zen pitch on BS hype. Most people wanna buy BS, they want to be lied to. My calls are not fun, i think most people are scared to speak to me, rightfully so.. I have nothing good to tell you because if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be calling me.

Just got off the line with 458. When he says this he means it (although I actually enjoyed the call). He tells it straight, largely as it is and how he sees it. With that being said the advice he gives it good stuff and very legit. If you've been on the fence than I would recommend hopping off of it and setting up a call.

Thanks again @458, appreciate the time.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Bump

Anyone i didn't get back to in the past few months, sorry been extremely busy.

My schedule is starting to free up a bit, message me while I still have time for a free skype call.

Read first post for rules and details

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.