The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Copywriting Services

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Hi Jericka

Don't be disheartened about this ok?

If I have a business and wanted to do a sales campaign by email or set up landing pages - both of which are nearer the 10 on a 1 to 10 scale, then your honesty about many failed email and Upwork proposals, whilst refreshing, is not going to get me to contact you.

It would be like a starting out mechanic placing an Ad in the paper explaining that s/he is looking for cars to work on for free after failing to fix many others. Think about that for a moment.

You just planted the seeds of doubt in my head and for good measure watered them.

Now Social Content and Product Description (and website home page updates etc) are further down the scale of sales for majority of businesses. If you are posting for a small company they will be happy if your postings are inline with their personality/brand and aren't looking at sales figures as much.

Make sense?

If you want customers I would suggest you actually walk into small independent businesses local to you, preferably ones that you use. Florist, gym , cafe, bistro, hair salon, clothes boutique.

The reason is that you use them for a reason :) And that reason will be that you align with their vibe/brand/value otherwise you would go to a different one in the locality. Which in turn will make it easier for you to write for them. (Also I bet none of them are on Upwork where you are looking)

Just have a friendly chat ( @Andy Black has many threads in his thingummyjig whatever you call it about this)

Be natural.

Dan

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Sure, I'm all up for it thank you! I know from lex's courses if you tailor your proposals a certain way for certain clients, he was able to do the same as well.

And I have not done video proposals, I didn't even know that was a thing honestly. Thanks for the intro to them, I'm sure it brings more of a personal connection and builds trust. I will look into that too!

& I"d be happy for some insight. Funny how life works, I was thinking how nice would it be for someone with successful proposals to take a look at mine and see where I could improve. I used Lex Devilles suggested format after taking a couple of his Udemy courses Be as harsh as you can be!

Proposal 1:
Hey There,
You are looking for a brilliant copywriter

You are seeking a copywriter who can build public trust, alleviate concern and skepticism. You want someone to use the knowledge of psychology and storytelling to navigate human emotions.

We may be a good match! I am a copywriter. I have majored in psychology for a year and have taken several business marketing courses. At the core, people only care about themselves. You bring value, but perhaps it may come off as too salesy, what it seems like you seek is for your audience to build trust with you.

Below I have several questions in order to generate the best copy tailored to your company:
Q. What standpoint do you usually begin your introduction to services? Do you lose them at a certain point? if it salesy it'll through people off, nobody likes to be sold to.

Q. How will the use of storytelling and psychology be used through copy?

Q. What specific benefit do you receive from your services? This important for your audience to know to build trust.

Regards, Jericka

P.S. I would like to get on a call with you to discuss more about your business and other details and see if we are a good match. No strings attached.

Proposal 2:
Hey There

Your a looking for a writer to write copy for a complex process in simple terms. Simplification as you mentioned is gold and that is exactly what you are looking for.

I am a Copywriter. I write copy for product descriptions by describing a product in a couple of short lines while conveying its key aspects such as the value it brings, why it's better than its competitors, and the solution it solves.

From my previous experience, it's best to compare a complex process in chunks of simple comparisons. It sticks better to what they already know and they build from the idea much quicker and easier.

Please feel free to look through the previous projects that I have displayed in my bio to see how my copy may look like for you.

I would also like to get on a quick call to fully grasp what your business is about and what you would expect from me as your writer.

Below is a couple of question that I need answers to in order to generate the best copy for you:

Q. What issue do you bring a solution for in a better way than your competitors?

Q. How would you like your customers to envision themselves through the use of your product or service that you'd like to envision for themselves?

Q. Who is your target audience?

Simple and Clean, Jericka

P.S. If you aren't sure if we are a good match, I would like to get on a call with you, no strings attached.

Proposal 3:
Hey Rebecca,

You need someone to write descriptions for your products. You need listings to be written for a couple of your top-selling Etsy products. You are looking for someone who may have knowledge about SEO and keywords that they can implement in the descriptions.

That is great! I am a product description copywriter. I specialize in writing descriptions that bring value and provide solutions to the target audience's struggles. I use the Google keyword planner tool and can tie that into your descriptions. I Have examples of my previous product descriptions written in my portfolio in my profile, that may have a similar description that you may be looking for.

I would be grateful if you would check them out!
Specifically, the Noland apparel project and the skincare descriptions project might interest you. Thanks for considering me!

I do have a couple of questions in order to write a good listing for you:

-Who is your target audience?

-What solution do you provide your customers with?

-What value do you bring that makes you better than your competitors?

Even if you are not sure how to answer these questions, I would be happy to help you work through them

Compelling clay creation regards,
Jericka

P.S.
Your satisfaction is 100% my priority.
I will provide you with as many revision rounds as you need until you feel satisfied with my writing.
Alright Jericka, these proposals are decent. Let's improve them.

What is up with the formatting? The spacing is off. Always have a line break between the greeting and the first paragraph.

I'd never put a comma after my greetings. You should always put an exclamation mark! You are hyped because you can help the client! Hey there! Hey [name]! Hello! Greetings! Salutations!

The first paragraph is okay. The you focus is on point. The writing is a bit off. Fix the punctuation and spacing. Now you can improve the text's flow by doing the following:

- Don't use the word "copywriter" twice in a row.
- Remove "brilliant" from the first sentence, unless the person stated they were looking for a brilliant copywriter in their job post.
- The second sentence is hard to read. Rewrite it to be easier to understand.
- Same goes for the third sentence. For this you can remove "the knowledge of" and keep the rest the same.

Second paragraph is too "me, myself & I". You can remove it altogether and skip directly to the questions.

If you want to keep it, you can improve it by removing the sentence "I am a copywriter". You are one, or you wouldn't be applying, right? Feels a bit thrown out there for the sake of it. Remove "At the core" as well, it's unnecessary fluff. Copywriters don't write fluff.

The questions:

Great that you are asking specific and targeted questions. Not great that the grammar isn't perfect. "if it salesy it'll through people off, nobody likes to be sold to." is very bad. Fix it. If it is salesy it'll throw people off, nobody likes to be sold." It's better. Agreed?

Are you sure about question 2? It's your job to know how to do that.

Question 3 is written poorly. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say. Try with: "What benefits does your service offer?". The second sentence is all over the place, there is a missing verb, and I find it hard to understand what you are trying to say. What's the link between benefits and audience trust?

Add a CTA like: "If you think I might be the person you are looking for, message me."

Regards,
Jericka

The P.S. statement could be improved. What do you think about this?

P.S. I'm happy to schedule a quick voice call on UpWork to discuss your project.

I'm not going over the specifics in proposal 2 and 3, but know that you are making the same mistakes for the most part.

Your language doesn't always inspire trust (i.e. You are looking for someone who may have knowledge about SEO? May? Does your client need someone who knows about SEO or not?)

Some of your sentences are too complex. For example "Q. What issue do you bring a solution for in a better way than your competitors?" this one is a mouthful. Rewrite it. Use this tool to make sure you are writing good sentences: Hemingway Editor (hemingwayapp.com)

Jerickaacevedo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 12, 2020
If you are looking for someone to create writing for your email, social content, landing pages, product descriptions, or any other form of advertising text to generate sales, I am able to write offer my copywriting services for free with no strings attached. If you are tired of second-guessing your writing, feeling like you could do better things that benefit your business rather than worrying about the content you should write for your social media, descriptions, about page, etc... I'll be happy to take over the job for you

Hello, My name is Jericka Acevedo, and I began writing copy in late November. I am offering my services for free after many failed cold emails and Upwork proposals, I figured I would take a shot at the forum and see if anyone on there needed any services. I have previously gotten 2 clients and need more experience. My services are free because my main focus at this moment is to gain experience and credible testimonials.

If you are interested, please message me, and I'll direct you to my portfolio

P.S.
If you don't need me now, save my information for later

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jerickaacevedo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 12, 2020
Hi Jericka

Don't be disheartened about this ok?

If I have a business and wanted to do a sales campaign by email or set up landing pages - both of which are nearer the 10 on a 1 to 10 scale, then your honesty about many failed email and Upwork proposals, whilst refreshing, is not going to get me to contact you.

It would be like a starting out mechanic placing an Ad in the paper explaining that s/he is looking for cars to work on for free after failing to fix many others. Think about that for a moment.

You just planted the seeds of doubt in my head and for good measure watered them.

Now Social Content and Product Description (and website home page updates etc) are further down the scale of sales for majority of businesses. If you are posting for a small company they will be happy if your postings are inline with their personality/brand and aren't looking at sales figures as much.

Make sense?

If you want customers I would suggest you actually walk into small independent businesses local to you, preferably ones that you use. Florist, gym , cafe, bistro, hair salon, clothes boutique.

The reason is that you use them for a reason :) And that reason will be that you align with their vibe/brand/value otherwise you would go to a different one in the locality. Which in turn will make it easier for you to write for them. (Also I bet none of them are on Upwork where you are looking)

Just have a friendly chat ( @Andy Black has many threads in his thingummyjig whatever you call it about this)

Be natural.

Dan
Thank you Dan! Honestly, I actually love critiques like these. I really appreciate it. I see, you are right. I think i should sit with my writing more. imagine how many seeds of doubt I planted in my proposals. I’ve never done face to face meetups for clients, but I see where you are getting at. I see why it can be beneficial and how and why it could help me get clients. Honestly, i didnt think id get such a helpful response
Thank you Stargazer!
I’ll check that user out!

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Hey Jericka!

If you want help with UpWork proposals I'll gladly help you. Post your 3 most recent proposals in here, and I'll give them a look. My proposals get good response rates even for jobs I'm not technically qualified to do.

Alternatively, have you tried video proposals? @MattL suggested them and I think it's a great concept. I haven't tried them yet, but I will for sure these days when I spot an interesting job on UpWork.

Jerickaacevedo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 12, 2020
Alright Jericka, these proposals are decent. Let's improve them.

What is up with the formatting? The spacing is off. Always have a line break between the greeting and the first paragraph.

I'd never put a comma after my greetings. You should always put an exclamation mark! You are hyped because you can help the client! Hey there! Hey [name]! Hello! Greetings! Salutations!

The first paragraph is okay. The you focus is on point. The writing is a bit off. Fix the punctuation and spacing. Now you can improve the text's flow by doing the following:

- Don't use the word "copywriter" twice in a row.
- Remove "brilliant" from the first sentence, unless the person stated they were looking for a brilliant copywriter in their job post.
- The second sentence is hard to read. Rewrite it to be easier to understand.
- Same goes for the third sentence. For this you can remove "the knowledge of" and keep the rest the same.

Second paragraph is too "me, myself & I". You can remove it altogether and skip directly to the questions.

If you want to keep it, you can improve it by removing the sentence "I am a copywriter". You are one, or you wouldn't be applying, right? Feels a bit thrown out there for the sake of it. Remove "At the core" as well, it's unnecessary fluff. Copywriters don't write fluff.

The questions:

Great that you are asking specific and targeted questions. Not great that the grammar isn't perfect. "if it salesy it'll through people off, nobody likes to be sold to." is very bad. Fix it. If it is salesy it'll throw people off, nobody likes to be sold." It's better. Agreed?

Are you sure about question 2? It's your job to know how to do that.

Question 3 is written poorly. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say. Try with: "What benefits does your service offer?". The second sentence is all over the place, there is a missing verb, and I find it hard to understand what you are trying to say. What's the link between benefits and audience trust?

Add a CTA like: "If you think I might be the person you are looking for, message me."

Regards,
Jericka

The P.S. statement could be improved. What do you think about this?

P.S. I'm happy to schedule a quick voice call on UpWork to discuss your project.

I'm not going over the specifics in proposal 2 and 3, but know that you are making the same mistakes for the most part.

Your language doesn't always inspire trust (i.e. You are looking for someone who may have knowledge about SEO? May? Does your client need someone who knows about SEO or not?)

Some of your sentences are too complex. For example "Q. What issue do you bring a solution for in a better way than your competitors?" this one is a mouthful. Rewrite it. Use this tool to make sure you are writing good sentences: Hemingway Editor (hemingwayapp.com)
Thank you Madame! I really appreciate the tough honesty.

Usually, I have no idea where the issues are at. With your guidance I see now why they are issues. Thank you for giving me something to work with. Having a different pair of eyes does help.

Sounds like it comes back to the same issue that I need to sit with my writing and review. Usually, I do not. I over complicate things where I shouldnt.

Jerickaacevedo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 12, 2020
Hey Devidel,
That is a format that I have not been introduced to before, but have written writing for different formats and I am confident that I can adapt. I'd be happy to offer you a sample in that format after some in-depth research.

Jericka, Can you write articles in press release format

Jerickaacevedo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 12, 2020
Hey Jericka!

If you want help with UpWork proposals I'll gladly help you. Post your 3 most recent proposals in here, and I'll give them a look. My proposals get good response rates even for jobs I'm not technically qualified to do.

Alternatively, have you tried video proposals? @MattL suggested them and I think it's a great concept. I haven't tried them yet, but I will for sure these days when I spot an interesting job on UpWork.
Sure, I'm all up for it thank you! I know from lex's courses if you tailor your proposals a certain way for certain clients, he was able to do the same as well.

And I have not done video proposals, I didn't even know that was a thing honestly. Thanks for the intro to them, I'm sure it brings more of a personal connection and builds trust. I will look into that too!

& I"d be happy for some insight. Funny how life works, I was thinking how nice would it be for someone with successful proposals to take a look at mine and see where I could improve. I used Lex Devilles suggested format after taking a couple of his Udemy courses Be as harsh as you can be!

Proposal 1:
Hey There,
You are looking for a brilliant copywriter

You are seeking a copywriter who can build public trust, alleviate concern and skepticism. You want someone to use the knowledge of psychology and storytelling to navigate human emotions.

We may be a good match! I am a copywriter. I have majored in psychology for a year and have taken several business marketing courses. At the core, people only care about themselves. You bring value, but perhaps it may come off as too salesy, what it seems like you seek is for your audience to build trust with you.

Below I have several questions in order to generate the best copy tailored to your company:
Q. What standpoint do you usually begin your introduction to services? Do you lose them at a certain point? if it salesy it'll through people off, nobody likes to be sold to.

Q. How will the use of storytelling and psychology be used through copy?

Q. What specific benefit do you receive from your services? This important for your audience to know to build trust.

Regards, Jericka

P.S. I would like to get on a call with you to discuss more about your business and other details and see if we are a good match. No strings attached.

Proposal 2:
Hey There

Your a looking for a writer to write copy for a complex process in simple terms. Simplification as you mentioned is gold and that is exactly what you are looking for.

I am a Copywriter. I write copy for product descriptions by describing a product in a couple of short lines while conveying its key aspects such as the value it brings, why it's better than its competitors, and the solution it solves.

From my previous experience, it's best to compare a complex process in chunks of simple comparisons. It sticks better to what they already know and they build from the idea much quicker and easier.

Please feel free to look through the previous projects that I have displayed in my bio to see how my copy may look like for you.

I would also like to get on a quick call to fully grasp what your business is about and what you would expect from me as your writer.

Below is a couple of question that I need answers to in order to generate the best copy for you:

Q. What issue do you bring a solution for in a better way than your competitors?

Q. How would you like your customers to envision themselves through the use of your product or service that you'd like to envision for themselves?

Q. Who is your target audience?

Simple and Clean, Jericka

P.S. If you aren't sure if we are a good match, I would like to get on a call with you, no strings attached.

Proposal 3:
Hey Rebecca,

You need someone to write descriptions for your products. You need listings to be written for a couple of your top-selling Etsy products. You are looking for someone who may have knowledge about SEO and keywords that they can implement in the descriptions.

That is great! I am a product description copywriter. I specialize in writing descriptions that bring value and provide solutions to the target audience's struggles. I use the Google keyword planner tool and can tie that into your descriptions. I Have examples of my previous product descriptions written in my portfolio in my profile, that may have a similar description that you may be looking for.

I would be grateful if you would check them out!
Specifically, the Noland apparel project and the skincare descriptions project might interest you. Thanks for considering me!

I do have a couple of questions in order to write a good listing for you:

-Who is your target audience?

-What solution do you provide your customers with?

-What value do you bring that makes you better than your competitors?

Even if you are not sure how to answer these questions, I would be happy to help you work through them

Compelling clay creation regards,
Jericka

P.S.
Your satisfaction is 100% my priority.
I will provide you with as many revision rounds as you need until you feel satisfied with my writing.

Jerickaacevedo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 12, 2020
@Lex DeVille gives good advice on how to make it work on UpWork. Check out his stuff on the forum!
I actually bought all of his courses, he has some amazing advice. Not even just for copywriting, for life in general. it's advice that you'd take to any job interview and I believe with whether it's in a traditional job or not. I honestly feel like I scammed him lol. I paid 200 for all of his courses on Udemy when they were one sale and I feel like he should've charged me 1k. I have learned so much about people.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I have a website that I'm paying hosting for yet it's about 5th down the list of projects I can't get to right now. CopywritingCove.com. Supposed to be a "cove" or retreat for copywriters, a community / resource of sorts. At some point, will offer copywriting services lite, 1-2 courses, or try to link copywriters to jobs.

I have to finish building the site still. If you wanted to try your hand at writing 200-300 words for the homepage, about page, or blog a couple of 200-500 word articles, the choice is yours. You could use the home/about pages directly in your portfolio, or you can have your author name linked on the blog articles which would be about any copywriting topic you wanted.

It's not much, and I don't want work done for free, but I'm putting it out there if you think it would help you out in some way.

Jerickaacevedo

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 12, 2020
I have a website that I'm paying hosting for yet it's about 5th down the list of projects I can't get to right now. CopywritingCove.com. Supposed to be a "cove" or retreat for copywriters, a community / resource of sorts. At some point, will offer copywriting services lite, 1-2 courses, or try to link copywriters to jobs.

I have to finish building the site still. If you wanted to try your hand at writing 200-300 words for the homepage, about page, or blog a couple of 200-500 word articles, the choice is yours. You could use the home/about pages directly in your portfolio, or you can have your author name linked on the blog articles which would be about any copywriting topic you wanted.

It's not much, and I don't want work done for free, but I'm putting it out there if you think it would help you out in some way
I’d be happy to take that over for you. Would you like to discuss details over a call?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.