The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Copywriting for “Fast Laners”

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Hey guys!

I’m offering free copy to whoever can benefit from it so that I can gain more real time experience, do business with fast lane thinkers, and most importantly to earn more money in the future.

3 simple reasons why you should give me a shot:

1. It’s free
2. I wrote ad copy for a popular YouTube channel(UpFlip)
3. My motivation right now is to provide for my family, pay my rent, get out of debt, before I go into rehab for personal reasons including saving my marriage. So believe me when I tell you, I will give my 100%.

I won’t expect payment or donations but they would be appreciated as well as any feedback

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DB1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 6, 2022
What a great, generous offer! @Royce2

I'm starting web design and should be working on a project in the next fortnight-month. Some help with the copy/having a proofread would be great if you think that it'll be good experience for you :)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
This may be unpopular opinion… but it comes from a good place.

Why offer for free? Always charge for your work.

Those who have businesses and need help already have the ability to pay you.

Those who don’t yet have businesses won’t train you well, because you aren’t learning on an existing business.

It’s hard to break into a corp and get a contract. I know it’s hard. But the thing about being great at copywriting… is that as you keep striking out, you are still learning copywriting! You get better. Until you score and get that contract. And then you get paid.

Moreover, as @Andy Black would say “what if you already are good enough?”

Good luck.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
What a great, generous offer! @Royce2

I'm starting web design and should be working on a project in the next fortnight-month. Some help with the copy/having a proofread would be great if you think that it'll be good experience for you :)
Absolutely! Let’s work!

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
This may be unpopular opinion… but it comes from a good place.

Why offer for free? Always charge for your work.

Those who have businesses and need help already have the ability to pay you.

Those who don’t yet have businesses won’t train you well, because you aren’t learning on an existing business.

It’s hard to break into a corp and get a contract. I know it’s hard. But the thing about being great at copywriting… is that as you keep striking out, you are still learning copywriting! You get better. Until you score and get that contract. And then you get paid.

Moreover, as @Andy Black would say “what if you already are good enough?”

Good luck.
I agree with you Anti, but the reason for doing it for free is because I am aiming to receive a payment in a higher form. Karma, blessing, whatever you can call it.

The most valuable things in life are free.

I wish for someone to benefit from my labor and attention with no payment the same way I am blessed with so many things I could never pay for or live without. Not to put my work on the same level but you get the idea.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
3. My motivation right now is to provide for my family, pay my rent, get out of debt, before I go into rehab for personal reasons including saving my marriage. So believe me when I tell you, I will give my 100%.
Hey - can I ask what's really going on here? Because offering free services is a veryyyyyy roundabout way of getting to having rent paid (or any of the items you listed).

Karma is not going to pay your rent, at least in the short term.

Out of kindness and respect, can I make the following observations?

- It sounds like your back is against the wall
- You're out of options and out of time
- Things haven't worked out, no matter what you've tried
- So you're giving it a last-ditch effort this way

Is that a fair recap?

If so... can I gently suggest that you take a step back and ask yourself the following question?

What am I solving for?

This might help you get to the root of what's prompting this.

No one here can answer that question, and your answer will dictate your next steps.
  • Are you solving for rent to be paid? - then even a minimum wage job is going to be a more direct route than this.
  • Are you solving for your partner to be happy? - then what is she actually asking for? Is "do free work" or "earn karma" on HER list?
  • Are you solving for something else when it comes down to the heart of the matter? - then identify the ACTUAL obstacle stopping you from that, and take an action step towards solving that thing.
Don't be afraid to involve the forum in the discussion (but only if you want to). I think you'll find a lot of support and people rooting for you.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Bek
Hey - can I ask what's really going on here? Because offering free services is a veryyyyyy roundabout way of getting to having rent paid (or any of the items you listed).

Karma is not going to pay your rent, at least in the short term.

Out of kindness and respect, can I make the following observations?

- It sounds like your back is against the wall
- You're out of options and out of time
- Things haven't worked out, no matter what you've tried
- So you're giving it a last-ditch effort this way

Is that a fair recap?

If so... can I gently suggest that you take a step back and ask yourself the following question?

What am I solving for?

This might help you get to the root of what's prompting this.

No one here can answer that question, and your answer will dictate your next steps.
  • Are you solving for rent to be paid? - then even a minimum wage job is going to be a more direct route than this.
  • Are you solving for your partner to be happy? - then what is she actually asking for? Is "do free work" or "earn karma" on HER list?
  • Are you solving for something else when it comes down to the heart of the matter? - then identify the ACTUAL obstacle stopping you from that, and take an action step towards solving that thing.
Don't be afraid to involve the forum in the discussion (but only if you want to). I think you'll find a lot of support and people rooting for you.
@Bekit, you are close but no cigar!

I actually have a cleaning business that I just increased my prices literally double, and I am staying busy for it.

I am currently in a hopeful phase relationship with my wife where she wants to stay with me but can’t deal with certain addictions and issues just won’t go away, and yes there’s a million ways to go about this, but I think the best way is to heed the wishes of the partner of whom I want to win approval for right?

I guess I should have made another bullet point of why, well here it is.

• I want to transition from a physical service business, to an online service/product business
I have so much to be thankful for and am definitely not at rock bottom. But you are correct in the fact that I tried a lot of things that didn’t stick, spread out a net that didn’t catch and asked and didn’t get.

I greatly appreciate your genuine interest and concern!

Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Bek

@Bekit, you are close but no cigar!

I actually have a cleaning business that I just increased my prices literally double, and I am staying busy for it.

I am currently in a hopeful phase relationship with my wife where she wants to stay with me but can’t deal with certain addictions and issues just won’t go away, and yes there’s a million ways to go about this, but I think the best way is to heed the wishes of the partner of whom I want to win approval for right?

I guess I should have made another bullet point of why, well here it is.

• I want to transition from a physical service business, to an online service/product business
I have so much to be thankful for and am definitely not at rock bottom. But you are correct in the fact that I tried a lot of things that didn’t stick, spread out a net that didn’t catch and asked and didn’t get.

I greatly appreciate your genuine interest and concern!
I'm relieved to hear that I'm that far off the mark. Good for you for doubling prices in the cleaning business and staying busy! Have you done copywriting for your cleaning business as if it was one of your "clients" that you're serving "for free"? Might be interesting to have control over the whole process. At minimum, you'll generate some in-house copy samples that you can share with clients.

That being said, offering copy services to other cleaning business (e.g. in geographic areas where they wouldn't be your competitor) could be a really natural fit for you to land some business.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
I have not yet done anything for my business because I am still in the rebranding phase and need to get my qb set up and website etc.

And that’s a great idea to reach out to other cleaning companies, I will do that and give an update!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Never offer to do something for free, especially if you`re in a difficult situation.
Whenever I get stuck I go out of my way to help someone. It gets me unstuck straight away.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.