The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Proven Path to a Fastlane (Still Open for 2024)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Greetings everyone, I joined the forum last week, after reading TMF and Unscripted .

I would like to apply to the program but I have some questions and issues, I’m a student in maritime college 1st year, it’s close to the military system where you must be there nearly the entire week from Saturday evening to Thursday afternoon with Friday the only full free day I have (in my country business days are Sunday to Thursday with Friday and Saturday being off days), so my issue is the scarcity of time, in the college our schedule starts 6:30 am then ends 8:00 pm.

I’m quite unsure of applying to the program would be any benefit to my situation I have no will to continue or finish the college nor I can drop out of it without something like a strong reason or perhaps some sort of income that will back me up otherwise my parents and family will start world war 3 at home ( I’m from Asia so you all know about the degree/high paying job thing ).

English is my second language but it’s not an issue at all as my accent is good.

I don’t wanna waste 4 years in a college that will make me be on the sea for months just for a monthly paycheck even if the salary was high.

I saw this program and thought this might get me out of this miserable situation, I only got this feeling and the fire burning inside of me

Hey @darkblood - welcome to the forum.

I'll send you a PM and we can set up a way to talk and go over it.

Also given your situation I'll set it up so you can refund if you feel it isn't working out after the first few weeks.
(If you go ahead).

I'll send a message now - thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aarong35

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 15, 2020
Wisconsin
Is this a true fast lane business or a specialized skill? Because a true fast lane business you can sell at the end for a multiple can you do that with your courses?

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's having the ability to learn sales, outreach, prospecting, solving problems for business owners. Utilizing the profits you make to start a Fastlane business based on the CENTS framework.

Using Web Design as a catapult to Fastlane.

Aarong35

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 15, 2020
Wisconsin
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's having the ability to learn sales, outreach, prospecting, solving problems for business owners. Utilizing the profits you make to start a Fastlane business based on the CENTS framework.

Using Web Design as a catapult to Fastlane.
Sounds great

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
It can be you really need to partner or learn digital marketing so you can make revenue after the website is done.

Not sure what your exact question is.

But if it is about learning something on top of web design (to boost customer lifetime value) then we have that covered in the program.

At the moment we have full extra courses on:
- Google Ads (from @Andy Black)
- Copywriting (from @Bekit)
- SEO starter course
- FB ads course

This ain't just web design - but of course, that's what we primarily start people with.

Prince33

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jun 9, 2020
Latvia
How much HTML and web design skills should one have before starting this?

normm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 30, 2021
Hey! I'd be VERY interested in becoming one of your students.
Can i join anytime, or how does it work? I'm going on a trip abroad soon so I'd love to join around early February or so.
@Fox please let me know! Thank you in advance!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
How much HTML and web design skills should one have before starting this?

You don't need any - we can show you how to learn as you go through the program.

A lot of people have started with zero technical skills and have done very well.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey! I'd be VERY interested in becoming one of your students.
Can i join anytime, or how does it work? I'm going on a trip abroad soon so I'd love to join around early February or so.
@Fox please let me know! Thank you in advance!

Ya just take the quiz and then you will get some emails asking you to do a full application.

In the application just mention your plans and I can get back to you personally and we can go over what's best for you.

Thanks.

normm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 30, 2021
Ya just take the quiz and then you will get some emails asking you to do a full application.

In the application just mention your plans and I can get back to you personally and we can go over what's best for you.

Thanks.
Sounds good, thanks for the response!
I took the quiz last night but accidentally answered 8 instead of 10 on 'how motivated are you on a scale from 1 to 10' question so I hope l'll still receive the emails with the application form.
I've been looking for a programme like this since forever so can't wait to get started!

GeoffTheGerman

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Hey @Fox I tried to apply for your course today, and it linked me to the Original Legends program page but when I try to purchase it, it says {"error":"The requested upsell cannot be identified."}
Any hints on getting past this bug? I really do wish to join.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey @Fox I tried to apply for your course today, and it linked me to the Original Legends program page but when I try to purchase it, it says {"error":"The requested upsell cannot be identified."}
Any hints on getting past this bug? I really do wish to join.

I have switched up some links so that is probably the issue. Ill send you a private message now.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I haven't been so active on this thread lately so I'll try to jump in with some updates every 1-2 weeks...

So first off is the extra courses we have added in over the last while - a few people asked about these and I don't think it was mentioned so well (so some people have missed it).

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 11.03.29.png

^ These are all really solid and it's been cool to have these as a bonus.
There are plans to add in some more over the next few months also.

Next up is some template ideas we have been working on.
These are to help people who join to have their first few website projects up and running as soon as possible.

This is one we are nearly finished that will be available for free to students once its ready to go...

^ This one for example can be quickly customized to set up as your own personal profile website.
Next, we are going to start adding in templates for client websites too. So easy to get those first few big results.

Along with that I just want to add in a few recent student results...
Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 11.07.58.png

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 11.08.44.pngScreenshot 2022-02-10 at 11.09.32.png

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 11.10.09.png

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 11.10.39.png

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm sceptical. You're selling us the dream of making bucks as a web designer, while your real fast lane is your Fox school.

@Fox is super open with the fact that he teaches people how to begin in web design just to gain some skills and business experience. He never says it should be your ultimate Fastlane (it can be but in most cases it's a stepping stone).

Fox emphasizes it a LOT that freelancing is just a step and that's what he teaches. The end goal is starting your own business.

The skills you'll learn from Fox's school (or actually from implementing them in web design) are what will help you once you decide to transition from freelancing to a proper business.

So this is not a "get rich" kind of a thing as the focus is on learning (through web design) the skills that you'll later use in your "proper" business.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm sceptical. You're selling us the dream of making bucks as a web designer, while your real fast lane is your Fox school.
I’m curious why you’d be sceptical.

If Fox consistently made money as a web designer and is now helping others do so then isn’t that exactly who you’d want to learn from?

Not having a dig, just wondering who you’d ideally want to learn from.

I know from experience that creating courses, teaching, and coaching is hard work. If your heart isn’t in it then I think you’d fall by the wayside.

Just my 2c.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

If you join the program and you're still doing web design years later then the program failed you.

The goal isn't to be a web designer - it's the skills web design gives you.

If the school ended tomorrow I would go start an e-commerce store or set up a website that creates leads.
Or 100 other things.

But I enjoy teaching, I did it long before web design (worked in water sports and surf camps for years).

I get your POV though - but have a read through the posts made by students here or the reviews on Trustpilot.
As a program we are really solid - but ya this isn't meant to be your last stop on the road either.

Dionysos

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 1, 2020
Netherlands
Coming from someone who is in the program currently: don't be.

Yes for Fox it is his fastlane venture, and like the others said that should be your end goal too joining the program. He paved the way and shows you how to follow.

This program will teach you a LOT about business (skills) while teaching you to make money yourself and add value to other businesses.

It's an investment which can shave months or years off your journey..

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This program will teach you a LOT about business (skills) while teaching you to make money yourself and add value to other businesses.

It's an investment which can shave months or years off your journey..

Thanks for posting up the feedback and great to see you feel that way about the program.

Cheers @Dionysos

theguy22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 13, 2021
London, United Kingdom
If you join the program and you're still doing web design years later then the program failed you.

The goal isn't to be a web designer - it's the skills web design gives you.

If the school ended tomorrow I would go start an e-commerce store or set up a website that creates leads.
Or 100 other things.

But I enjoy teaching, I did it long before web design (worked in water sports and surf camps for years).

I get your POV though - but have a read through the posts made by students here or the reviews on Trustpilot.
As a program we are really solid - but ya this isn't meant to be your last stop on the road either.
Fair enough.

I think my main concern at the moment is that with web dev I'll just create another job for myself, albeit a really lucrative one. Even if it's making $200,000-$300,000 a year, it's not why I joined fastlane.

Could you perhaps expand more on the entrepreneurial fast-lane side of things? What are the typical kind of fastlane businesses that web developers start? Do you have any resources on this kind of information? I'd love to have an insight before committing.

(edit: is there a difference between web development and web design or can they be used interchangeably?)

Last edited:

theguy22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 13, 2021
London, United Kingdom
I’m curious why you’d be sceptical.

If Fox consistently made money as a web designer and is now helping others do so then isn’t that exactly who you’d want to learn from?

Not having a dig, just wondering who you’d ideally want to learn from.

I know from experience that creating courses, teaching, and coaching is hard work. If your heart isn’t in it then I think you’d fall by the wayside.

Just my 2c.
I was probably over thinking if any thing. To answer your question, it was just that his original post reminded me of all the finance books that preach investing in the stock market to get rich while the author's actual wealth vehicle is their book.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was probably over thinking if any thing. To answer your question, it was just that his original post reminded me of all the finance books that preach investing in the stock market to get rich while the author's actual wealth vehicle is their book.
Gotcha. It depends on what’s claimed I suppose. Just be careful of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Someone smarter than me could make millions selling a course that successfully helps people make their first $1k MRR. If the course is sold for what it is and does what it says on the tin then I think that’s legitimately adding value.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Fair enough.

I think my main concern at the moment is that with web dev I'll just create another job for myself, albeit a really lucrative one. Even if it's making $200,000-$300,000 a year, it's not why I joined fastlane.

Could you perhaps expand more on the entrepreneurial fast-lane side of things? What are the typical kind of fastlane businesses that web developers start? Do you have any resources on this kind of information? I'd love to have an insight before committing.

(edit: is there a difference between web development and web design or can they be used interchangeably?)
MJ built websites for people before building limos(.)com which sold leads to limo companies. He exited that business a couple of times.

I built my first simple website in 2009 and then immediately switched to Google Ads.

Even with just that one technical skill (and some sales and business skills) in the last 24 hours I signed up a $25/mth student who wants to learn what I know, got paid $397 to coach another student through her campaigns for an hour, signed up a guy who wants to whitelabel us for his 200 Facebook clients, and signed up a consulting client for a few K per month.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Why not YOU Andy, why does it take someone smarter than you? :)
Ha. I haven’t figured out how clone myself. Until I do I’m not smart enough to simultaneously grow a consultancy, courses membership, paid email newsletters, and a budding productised service / SaaS. As it is my head is already fried.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Fair enough.

So I don't want any student getting stuck with the title of "web designer" or "web developer".

The program doesn't teach code or design either - this can be learned anywhere for cheap or free.

We focus on how to work with businesses and solve problems - through web design.

Then we add in a bunch of other skills like copywriting, SEO, ads, systems, sales etc.

I would say the ideal approach is something like:
- first 6-12 months focus on getting a solid groundwork of basic skills and selling some websites
- then try add in some extra services like SEO / ads / marketing to build up monthly reoccurring revenue too
- and then after that (10-12 months) start using what you are learning (plus cashflow) to build a bigger more Fastlane business

"I think my main concern at the moment is that with web dev I'll just create another job for myself"

People get stuck in a job cause they only have one skill - they are limited as being a cog in a machine.
I really aim with the program to give enough skills to run the whole machine (start your own proper business).

Are there other ways to start in business? Ya, of course
But is this a solid way to start with a bunch of useful skills for someone new to the game? Yes, massively

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I don't want any student getting stuck with the title of "web designer" or "web developer".

The program doesn't teach code or design either - this can be learned anywhere for cheap or free.

We focus on how to work with businesses and solve problems - through web design.

Then we add in a bunch of other skills like copywriting, SEO, ads, systems, sales etc.

I would say the ideal approach is something like:
- first 6-12 months focus on getting a solid groundwork of basic skills and selling some websites
- then try add in some extra services like SEO / ads / marketing to build up monthly reoccurring revenue too
- and then after that (10-12 months) start using what you are learning (plus cashflow) to build a bigger more Fastlane business

"I think my main concern at the moment is that with web dev I'll just create another job for myself"

People get stuck in a job cause they only have one skill - they are limited as being a cog in a machine.
I really aim with the program to give enough skills to run the whole machine (start your own proper business).

Are there other ways to start in business? Ya, of course
But is this a solid way to start with a bunch of useful skills for someone new to the game? Yes, massively
MJ did a great video about starting with a skill:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Good morning everyone.

This isn't directly about the program but we started putting together some super detailed blog posts which might be useful for anyone thinking about web design...

If you check this out let me know what you think (we are going to try do 2-3 a month from now on).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.