The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 Web design + School Progress Thread

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Watching, your course was very useful for me giving freelancing a go.
Best of luck for your new goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
What a course?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Ya these should help.

I got a private program too: MARKETPLACE - Can Web Design Be Profitable for You - The NO “Hype” Fox Web School Legends Program

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
First job has been going great. I am still in Malta so haven't really gotten into the build stage yet but I have been getting a lot of content to use later.

Here is a shorter edit I put together yesterday but the final video should be a lot more detailed...

Katherine

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Mar 11, 2019
Singapore
@LivingToLearn32 I just saw your earlier thread. If you have not check out @Fox Videos on selling. Do check it out. I am pretty sure you can get something out from all his training videos on selling. Infact there were times I felt stuck in the selling, watching his videos give me new perspective. All the best !

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
"Much better to just build the right relationships and make a network that does the heavy lifting for you when it comes to sales."

How are prospecting/ building your network/relationships?

Especially getting these $10,000 clients?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
"Much better to just build the right relationships and make a network that does the heavy lifting for you when it comes to sales."

How are prospecting/ building your network/relationships?

Especially getting these $10,000 clients?

After you have done a few dozen projects you start to see a lot of trends. One is that some projects lead to lots of other jobs and other projects lead to none.

In short, some projects just have great "marketing" built-in.

For example, a common thing I see is people doing early projects for businesses with very little no market place visibility. They might do great work but no one ever sees it. So after they finish the project they are back to square one with prospecting. You get paid but things don't compound or get any easier over time.

A better approach is looking for the right type of projects (within any niche) that will have a much better chance of getting you more work. Maybe it is a well-connected business, maybe they are a strong industry leader, maybe they are just very well known and liked.

Once you work with these types of businesses prospecting becomes a lot easier. People are much more warm to hearing from you (or actively seek you out) and your prospecting just has way more traction.

Having several great projects/relationships like this starts opening up the 10-20k projects. People who pay that amount of money want to see great work done with great businesses. Past results + high levels of trust.

To start with this just look for the best within any niche you are targetting. Pick winners and help them win even more.

DonCorleone

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Feb 22, 2019
@Fox Very interesting post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I've been following your videos in Youtube for a while, I hadn't realized you were here as well.

If you don't mind, I'd like to know two things about the Gym website project you did for free.

1 - Did you do anything else apart from the website, video and photos? Like SEO, ads, or some kind of marketing? Because as you say, a website that nobody sees is useless. However if you're working for free you want to give the minimum to add value, quick job and move on; you simply can't do that much work for free. So how do you solved that gap?
2 - What about the website content? What if the owner wants to change the text, photos or even the membership prices? I saw that you use HTML templates, so what's your approach on that? Does the owner have to contact you for you to do those changes?

Thanks a lot and keep posting here your experiences!

Hey @Fox, me again. Re-reading your answer to my 2nd question I didn’t quite understand. Do you use any kind of CMS so that clients can change text/images? Tools like Webflow make that very easy, but they have other bad things that I don’t like. I prefer to stick to HTML/CSS/JS as you do, but this content stuff concerns me a bit, specially thinking of heavy content sites

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.