The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

former student of the foundation(dane maxwell) willing to answer questions

Tank

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 10, 2013
Originally Posted by Tank
@Execution=King and @GregH

You guys crack me up with your clairvoyance, ESP, and mind reading skills. (You remind me of a girl I dated once who kept insisting everything I said had hidden meanings she could understand. Not that you two are girls or girlish or anything. Just the superskills are the same.)

To top it off, the postal lady just delivered my latest purchase from Amazon, "The Reality of ESP: A Physicist's Proof Of Psychic Abilities" by Dr. Russell Targ.

I bought it because I saw the movie "The Men Who Stare At Goats" (notice I used the word "goat" and Execution=King foresaw this!) and I heard it was a fictionalized history of an actual DoD program. Turns out it was! The DoD or CIA or one of them ran this program for 20 years until President Carter outed them.

I've always been intrigued by people who have finely turned intuition and seemingly ESP-like abilities and this book is written by the same dude who developed the laser, in other words, not some flake.

So, believe whatever you want. I've told you with as much exactness as written words permit what I was thinking and meaning. I took you at your word, but you only want to show off your superpowers by telling me what I REALLY meant. LOL, yeah right!

I love it. Enjoy yourselves!

Go Steelers!

BTW, "Tank" is my real nickname.
Congrats, you now have negative rep.

Sixty-three negative rep points? For asking someone in a nice way to quit trying to read my mind instead of my precise words and to try to begin to be accountable for his words?

Do you have that on speed dial or did you outsource that?

I haven't got to reading my new book on ESP yet, but opposite the table of contents, Dr. Targ has a couple of quotes. One of which seemed appropriate to this thread.

Ludwig Josef Johann Wittgenstein, who was an Austrian-British philosopher who worked primarily in logic, the philosophy of mathematics, the philosophy of mind, and the philosophy of language said, "Skepticism is NOT unanswerable, but obviously nonsensical, when it tries to raise doubts where no question can be asked."

Sounds like this thread to me.

GregH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 16, 2012
New Jersey
You know that value given = wealth received.

You tried SaaS and it didn't "work."
You say eCommerce might be a "better option."

Examine these statements. SaaS didn't "work". Didn't work do to what?
To make you money? To make you successful? To take you where you want to be?

eCommerce might be a "better option."
A better option to what? To make you money? To find success?

It sounds like you're trying to find the path of least resistance to success. It sounds like you're chasing money. It sounds like instead of being determined to solve a problem, you're determined to find a method that "works". That's the mindset problem.

Upon starting up an eCommerce store, the foundation principles still apply. You should still hop on the phone with 50-200 business people in your target niche and extract ideas so you know what to sell to them. Start with a target market, find their problem, and then solve it. It might be with SaaS, it might be with a service, it might be eCommerce, it might be something new.

Earlier in the thread, I told you that the situation reminded me of people who are addicted to buying infoproducts with systems. and they try it out, and it fails, and so they move onto something else.

They suffer from the same mindset issue: It's not a method or system or tactics that make you a success... it's the ability to find where you can deliver the most value to the people who need it the most.. and then doing it.

ecommerce is just another platform to fail on. unless you can deliver value to people who need that value, you're doing it wrong.

I know exactly what you're saying here

The problem with SaaS for me was that I was in WAY WAY over my head-- also I just ended up hating it by the end.

When talking to people about problems I often found that when they mentioned a problem to me and asked " could you solve that?" I would often just say yes and have no idea what I was talking about...

thats not to say I couldnt find out, but I knew next to nothing about software and I didnt really have a desire to learn all about it

another problem was that I didn't think I would be able to fund software development-- the barrier to entry was skyhigh and it was a money issue-- I didn't have 20-40K sitting around and I was barely making a connection with these people let alone enough to have them pay for the software... I was stuck on finding an idea and validating it before I could even worry about having them pay for it.

a better option to fit who I am-- physical products.. something I can hold in my hands.. it just makes me feel better about selling in general.. there is money in e-com but there would have been more in SaaS and when you get SaaS going it seems to be more passive.. so Im not shying away from "work" just finding a better fit for my personality...

It sounds like you're trying to find the path of least resistance to success. well... yes and no.... no in terms of looking for a quick buck-- overnight riches/get rich quick scheme... Yes in terms of I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort in something I dont like, dont understand, and ultimately dont want to be involved with....

the goal is to make money isnt it? and if Im going to be doing a lot work and putting in a lot of time wouldnt I want to get involved with something that fits my personality and something I can wrap my head around? there are a lot of business models out there and I didnt like SaaS-- I know where you're coming from and I appreciate the advice, but can I at least try 1 more thing and give up on it before you label me as a perpetual infocourse buyer and non action taker?

GregH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 16, 2012
New Jersey

It sounds like you're trying to find the path of least resistance to success. It sounds like you're chasing money. It sounds like instead of being determined to solve a problem, you're determined to find a method that "works". That's the mindset problem.

Upon starting up an eCommerce store, the foundation principles still apply. You should still hop on the phone with 50-200 business people in your target niche and extract ideas so you know what to sell to them. Start with a target market, find their problem, and then solve it. It might be with SaaS, it might be with a service, it might be eCommerce, it might be something new.

Earlier in the thread, I told you that the situation reminded me of people who are addicted to buying infoproducts with systems. and they try it out, and it fails, and so they move onto something else.

They suffer from the same mindset issue: It's not a method or system or tactics that make you a success... it's the ability to find where you can deliver the most value to the people who need it the most.. and then doing it.

ecommerce is just another platform to fail on. unless you can deliver value to people who need that value, you're doing it wrong.

The problem with SaaS for me was that I was in WAY WAY over my head-- also I just ended up hating it by the end.

When talking to people about problems I often found that when they mentioned a problem to me and asked " could you solve that?" I would often just say yes and have no idea what I was talking about...

thats not to say I couldnt find out, but I knew next to nothing about software and I didnt really have a desire to learn all about it

another problem was that I didn't think I would be able to fund software development-- the barrier to entry was skyhigh and it was a money issue-- I didn't have 20-40K sitting around and I was barely making a connection with these people let alone enough to have them pay for the software... I was stuck on finding an idea and validating it before I could even worry about having them pay for it.

a better option to fit who I am-- physical products.. something I can hold in my hands.. it just makes me feel better about selling in general.. there is money in e-com but there would have been more in SaaS and when you get SaaS going it seems to be more passive.. so Im not shying away from "work" just finding a better fit for my personality...

It sounds like you're trying to find the path of least resistance to success. well... yes and no.... no in terms of looking for a quick buck-- overnight riches/get rich quick scheme... Yes in terms of I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort in something I dont like, dont understand, and ultimately dont want to be involved with....

the goal is to make money isnt it? and if Im going to be doing a lot work and putting in a lot of time wouldnt I want to get involved with something that fits my personality and something I can wrap my head around? there are a lot of business models out there and I didnt like SaaS-- I know where you're coming from and I appreciate the advice, but can I at least try 1 more thing and give up on it before you label me as a perpetual infocourse buyer and non action taker?

GregH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 16, 2012
New Jersey
So the end goal is to create value ? And disregard money ?

I'm confused

Lets say I find out people really want pretzels after the local MLB game..

I set up a stand and provide the best pretzels money can buy .. I'm solving a problem
and solving a need in a great way

I start making money but looking at my day I start seeing that I'm working 10-12 hours a day baking and preparing and selling and cleaning and traveling but not making THAT much for my efforts.. I also just hate baking and hate the smell Of pretzels...

I decide, this isn't for me but I still want to be an entrepreneur so I go looking for other business models... Perhaps online pretzel sales? Perhaps selling t-shirts after the game? Maybe selling a
Golf cart ride back to your car?

What is really the difference?
Isn't it doing the same thing( finding a need and solving it) just in a different way and a way that you like and understand better ?

If I'm wrong please tell me

pisco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 26, 2012
Vienna
Hello guys,

Thx for sharing your experience.

From the people who succeded, which market did they pick? Is there a common pattern?

Thx in advance for your reply!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
TC

You called me out at lunch. So, here you go. I have many reservations about Dane and his deal particularly, substance verses sales (hype). Moreover I'm interested that a program that was openly scoffed at here a year ago has now received an endorsement in an open invitation to pitch his deal.

Normally, when I'm uncertain about what I think I'm witnessing I stay quiet and watch hoping to learn more. However, you're right. it's not fair of me to let you stand out here alone.

You are not alone.

jon

MJ. Im not sure its that simple.

What I learned from reading gregh's posts (and I don't want to put words in his mouth here) is that the Foundations pitch is that anyone can start their own SaaS business. No experience? No money? No ideas? The Foundation will help you overcome this.

From watching the intro video on Do you know the most important word in business? | The Foundation this appears to be their pitch.

Dane's most important word is predictability and he touts a predictable process as key to overcoming all sorts of barriers.

Lets look at some quotes from the video on what the Foundation will help you overcome.
1) Why knowing how to write code actually hurts your business.
2) Why your better off starting a business without an idea.
3) How you can start a business without raising money, but still have revenue to pay a developer without sacrificing equity.

So the main USP of the program seems to be that you will be privy to seeing a lot of the process that goes into creating a SaaS business.

After attending the course it seemed that gregh concluded that the bulk of the Foundation was more fixing your mindset and motivating you. That is a big difference!

Now I've never taken the course myself and I cannot attest to how accurate that statement is, but this is what I got from gregh's post here that raised flags with me.

An overall cultish atmosphere that discouraged disagreement or raising questions.

Dane recruited tutors or teachers to give 1 on 1 sessions for help, and these teachers often didn't build SaaS of their own.

Although Dane offered 1 on 1 mentoring, much of that was on limiting beliefs and such.

One of the major success stories is Sam Ovens who is featured prominently in the intro video and is the first Facebook comment you see on the Foundations website. It appears as though he is operating an MLM type consulting business that may be related to the Foundation.

Incorporating "salesy" marketing tactics like saying that you have to apply to get in.

There was not enough useful info on the actual process of starting an SaaS business. The most useful part was in the process of interviewing businesses and extracting info from them.

There are 3 or 4 members here who have taken the course and they seem to agree with gregh's assessment.

Truthfully, I still don't know what to make of the Foundation. Having been taken by Guru's in the past I am particularly cautious when I see redflags. It seems like to me that the people who would benefit the most from the course are tech guys who are in slow lane jobs who need extra help with motivation and establishing the proper mindset. But this course is specifically targeted to people who have no experience at all.

There seems to be some controversy with gregh asking for a refund. I think after reading TMF , and also Biophases and Vigilantes thread here, that are worth 4k easy I have a better understanding of what to expect from a course. If you attend a course or buy an info product and expect a refund because said product didn't make you money, than I think that is horrible. But if you buy a product that heavily promotes teaching a process and the course fails at it, then I think there is nothing wrong with asking for a refund.

Gregh speed+ to you. I think it takes a lot to put your failures up on the big screen for others to see here. I know that I have benefited from reading it and others have to, including Dane Maxwell himself.

Dane Maxwell speed+ to you. I really appreciate you doing the AMA here and I have learned a lot from reading it. Please do not think I am against the Foundation. I honestly don't know what to think of it. I think it takes a lot of balls to put your business on an open forum here and hear peoples honest opinions on it. I appreciate you hanging in there and responding like a human being would.

After reading your posts here I definitely don't think you are trying to swindle anybody. I think you are genuinely interested in helping people and I think you have a lot to share. I don't know where the Foundation is now, but I think that maybe some of the discontent from former students may have been because the marketing content and the actual course work was not harmonized yet.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Sounds to me like the OP is pretty cool about this whole thing, and not mad or anything, just thought it would go further, truly not bad for Dane and not good for him either... i've read worse reviews on yelp for the Sizzler (for a valid reason).

I took a ton of action... I made about 50-60 calls.. sent 2000 emails using the scripts they gave me--
did in person visits -- and tried to"extract" many problems in a business that were simple and easy to
solve and no other solution existed

But cold calling isnt just cold calling. Go to a sales office, 2 guys out of 15 are each making 25% of the sales accounting for 50% and the rest are struggling, and most get fired. So congrats on the hard work but this takes time to learn, maybe some are naturals but if you cold called me and i was working at my business... if you're skipping words or sounding nervous im probably not going to take you serious (not saying you were)

Did you know that each programmer has an individual coding style? This means that you have to tell them to
write a clean code and use a lot of ("//" comment lines) so the next programmer who will code, will clearly
understand what on earth was coded there (I bet most of you didn't know this).

I mean you could tell them to provide documentation on all work.. not that big of a deal really.
I would agree if there's one place your code needs to be done correctly its here, everyday your income is depending on one application that if you have 1,000 people paying 30/m and it crashes, you could lose all paying customers. This is the point though, try, screw it up, lose everything, and learn why you were an idiot and naive enough to believe it would be this "easy". Next time it will FORCE you to just figure it out. How? Maybe i would find YOU on this forum and hire you as an architect to oversee the development of my project because i know nothing about it and apparently you do, maybe id get 5 of YOU guys to oversee it, even better, how could i lose then? I never would of thought like that without failing first right? I have failed, dail in fact because i try 100 things, and in order now to not fail my mind tells me set up as many smart safeguards as possible IN ANYTHING I DO NOW... all facets in life, which truly is an amazing thing to learn.

I believe this whole Zend thing is basically him saying "shut up and figure it out". Even when paying for his service you cant expect another person to make you successful. Gatherings like this you pay for should really just be an eye opener not some cult where you all go out there and make millions while Dane is giving you 50 answers per day. Ofcoarse he doesnt know all of them, you were the one that just cold called that landscaper, he didnt hear the pause in that guys voice, he couldent evaluate why he didnt buy, only you can.

I think MJ said something about his book and it really is the same, there are probably so many bad reviews because some expected a guide to success... come on, we're all smarter than that, any insight to point us in the right direction is all someone can do. There never was, and never will be a magic bullet to any sort of success, whether its financial, love, friendships, happiness... nope that all involves you getting out of your comfort zone, failing, and continuously failing until you just smarten up and figure it out on your own, some faster than others, and thats about it. By the way i was not being argumentative here, just my opinion, everyone seems to have valid points to this is just my outlook on the whole thing.

Danny G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
May 10, 2011
Bulgaria
Couple questions:

1) So what have you thought from this guy you mentioned about

I took the guy to lunch and asked him about a business idea I had. In that one hour he blew my mind with more information than I got in the 3 months I was in the Foundation.

2) When did you build your SaaS companies? After the foundation? And also - have you done any marketing or you rely on core self-centered products that no need almost no marketing?

deeyaree

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 10, 2013
Questions about the foundation

Hi

I was "accepted" in the next session in the foundation. I'm on the fence about it and would love to hear some of your direct experience. Can I email you directly?

LMK

I was a foundation member this last class. I'll get on here later and answer any questions you might have but yes, the Foundation is a crock of shit save one thing... it's full of people trying to achieve the same thing so I built some nice friendships. Other than that it was pretty much worthless.

I have three SaaS companies (not a result of the Foundation). IBERA Global Take5 Temp and another forthcoming. In the past I have had other startups too.

It wasn't worthless because of how much I know already it was worthless because he charged 10 times what it was worth. Everything you learn in the Foundation could be learned by reading a few books: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kyosaki, Running Lean by Ash Maura, Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes, and there's probably a good book on copy writing out there somewhere. All of those books are pretty easy reads as well. He could have handed out a reading list and had discussion groups and it would have been worthwhile at 1/10th the price.

Instead I like Amy Hoy's program much better. She at least has respect for the participants. Most of the content in the Foundation felt thrown together at the last minute and a significant portion consisted of phone calls he did with people not original content.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gummybear

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Nov 19, 2013
I'm not a member of the Foundation but I signed up for their blog and I was bombarded by a gazillion emails that I had to quickly unsub after a few days.

The biggest red flag about this program is 1. the cost, and 2. the marketing. Why aren't these founders using their rather impressive marketing skills to market their own software companies and make a living off of those instead?

I wouldn't go so far to say that it's a scam or anything. Still, if you're making bank from something, why then would you dedicate all your efforts to teach future competitors? I feel that this sole reason is why reliable small business knowledge is hard to come by--successful people don't want others to know their secrets.

My take on this is that it's not as easy or profitable as it sounds. Here's why: 1. the big profitable industries already have professional software so you're only filling in the gaps making small money, and 2. the money is in the execution, not the knowledge.

It's easy to teach because it doesn't matter what happens to you, they already have your money. Their success rate is 100%, your success rate is advertised to be less than 10% (that 10% includes people who only make $1, so the real amount that can make a living off of SaaS is probably lower). This is why such huge marketing is needed. The market for B2B that need software solutions is limited. The market for "being your own boss" is virtually everyone.

truthy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 16, 2013
For some interesting parallels to comments about The Foundation, I suggest reading the story in this month's Vanity Fair magazine about Donald Trump's defunct real estate university program.

DavidW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 4, 2014
I was in the second Foundation launch. Stayed in the foundation till it ends however was not successful in starting a software
company with paying customers.

Cons.
Dane told us the Foundation would be closed to a select few. A month
after it started, he reopened the Foundation class to allow more
people in. This made Dane a liar and was when I really started to see that
he was just a marketer.

If do not like phone prospecting, than this program may not
be for you. The foundation tries to promote this"take action"
culture, and people would post in Hipchat how many cold calls
they made a day. Found out later that cold calling is a big waste of
time and some people will never be good at phone persuasion.

Dane should tell you before you join that his method of building
software companies involves you spending hours on the phone talking to
people to find the correct idea and them more hours on the phone convincing people
to invest in your solution.

If you do not have experience in copywriting, sales and a budget that exceeds the
4000 you pay Dane, this may not be the program for you.

Pros.

You will learn marketing, because Dane and Andy use marketing tactics to get you
to buy into the Foundation. Hell, their sales letter on the day of launch was really good.

The community created by Dane and Andy is really supportive of each other, however you start to
get some elitism as some members start to advance and others do not.

The program opened my eyes as to what is possible in life. Dane does not seem especially smart and the numbers
he and Andy do on the first month of the Foundation are about a quarter mill.

I learned alot in the Foundation, however Dane and Andy market the program as being simple and it is not.
Dane is teaching you to do something he has never done himself. I do not believe that the software for Dane's company
paperless pipeline was underwritten by the users and Dane never touched his pocket.
Wanted to ask for my money back, however I did not feel like fighting to get it. So I took everything I learned as a lesson and
moved on.

Tregan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 16, 2013
I agree that the marketing is great with the Foundation, a week before the last launch Dane had on past students that had been successes. Every night for about a week he did video chats with them. I thought they were great and if you didn't do the program you could still take a ton of info just from those calls.

I like the concept of the foundation especially finding pain points and coming up with solutions. Now getting from point a to b to c is not as easy as it's made out to be but I think it all comes down to your niche and how well you can provide those solutions.

What I don't like about the Foundation are the success percentages, I think it's somewhere around 10% for last year? In all fairness the percentage is probably lower, around 7 or 8%. I don't like those odds. A 92% failure rate is nothing I want to hear as I invest $4K+.

My .02 cents!

Tregan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 16, 2013
Lets be clear here,

This guy is an exception rather than an ordinary student - he was the 1 in 10 that came out with a business.

Is it the removal of limiting beliefs that made him succeeded? Or is it the fact that he has major experience in software, as he was a software developer? Or could it be because he had connections that allowed him to partner up with someone instead of spending 70k he didn't have on the development?

Very valid points! I've thought similar. If someone already 'knows' the industry and/or has extensive contacts then doesn't that actually give them a huge advantage? I think so. However, there are other success stories in the Foundation where people didn't have that advantage.

Tregan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jul 16, 2013
I would have no problem with what Dane is doing if it wasn't marketed directly towards beginners (read title: The Foundation). He sound at least make it clear that it is not as easy as he makes it sounds. He should make it clear that for every 9 out of 10 people reading his long, promising sales letter, would not come out with a business. And that those who are lucky enough to come out with a business are likely to go bust within the next 12 months as that is the nature of business.

The most ethical thing he could do is target more intermediate entrepreneurs instead of clueless kids, because only those people are really gonna get their money's worth - but he would never do that as there will be significantly less money in it for him.

Again, great points. There is some really effective marketing involved no doubt. My suggestion to people is to learn all you can from all the Foundation videos/website/etc.. and devour all the info from successful past students like Geordie Wardman, Josh Isaak, Carl Mattiola, etc.. and then work your own system. I'm trying that but I'll be honest, it's hard. The simple action of validation can be enough to drive most people away.

Finally

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 23, 2014
NYC
well MJ was right as were others when he said that the whole application process was just a marketing ploy; I don't think anyone was "turned" away

the information was laid out in a very sloppy manner honestly-- the info that was put was not bad at all-- just not laid out in any coherent way

everyone who did it with me was very cool and very excited to learn

people were very nice and bought in big time to what dane taught-- maybe too much for my taste ( but thats just personal), because towards the end it felt very cult-like .... you couldnt disagree with anything being taught and if you were failing it was due to "limiting beliefs"-- :/

I believe I failed because I went in knowing nothing about marketing/ business/ SaaS/ copywriting/ anything... I spent much of the first few months catching up-- half the time I didnt know what I was talking about or learning... It was overwhelming because to start a software business when you know nothing about software is kinda crazy in retrospect

its not impossible-- just highly unlikely

I took a ton of action... I made about 50-60 calls.. sent 2000 emails using the scripts they gave me-- did in person visits -- and tried to"extract" many problems in a business that were simple and easy to solve and no other solution existed

You had to totally understand a market like the back of your hand, and it was hard...

in the end.. I didnt get many ideas to work with and I kept spinning my wheels
I was lost,confused and frustrated and it topped off with one of the members starting his own info products and signing up other students and having them market for him in a MLM format in a very aggressive manner.. wasnt cool

do I think the foundation gave good info? yes I do... it was just laid out in a confusing manner

I dont think the foundation is for newbies or people without a background in software or business

also the cash needed to pay for software development was very high and the whole " get people to pay for you" thing was a little pie in the sky and Im not sure many people did that

in the end I think 10% of students had some success and I think only 1% did very very well... but to my knowledge they were already into software and business and this "system" just kind of helped them along

so my advice for anyone out there thinking about doing it is this...
if you know software or have a strong background in business then this might be for you, if not... stick to these forums

the basics are
- choose a market
- send emails/cold call and talk to the best people in that industry
- ask them about their day and see if there is any problems that could be solved with software
-presell them on the idea
- validate with asking for money
-build MVP
-get more beta users
-launch

I dont think Im giving away any secrets as Dane and Sam both said the same thing in many many many interviews

Id be happy to answer any more questions
Hi. My name is Enrique.
What does, "Build MVP" mean? And what do you mean when you say, "Get more beta users?" How do you get people to become beta users. And finally, When pre selling, what f they ask, "What is your website?" and I still haven't built since I'm first pre selling to see if the idea is viable?

Thanks.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
Sam Ovens (one of the Foundations graduates that has now become apart of the Foundation) appeared on Tai Lopez' snapchat... Yeah, you guys are gonna love this one...

He was offering a consulting accelerator course (he even ripped off the courses name from Perry Marshall) and held a free webinar. In the webinar he claimed to have made millions of dollars off his consulting business in less than a year and moved from New Zealand to an expensive apartment in Manhattan. He showed his infusionsoft account which displayed $900,000 (and it stated it was a % of increase that showed $97 in his account a year prior). Meanwhile he was stating that he was making $900k monthly. And in the webinar he said that it was live and wouldn't be recorded.

In the interview the video skipped back a few seconds by accident and completely revealed that he wasn't in fact recording the webinar live. And when he was doing a live Q&A, he wasn't even answering questions that were popping up in the chat. The sales funnel he built was phenomenal though, it was very compelling. He must've learned it from Dane himself!

Although the webinar was scripted, he still provided some value with the video on how to acquire consulting clients. But, it was a complete upsell into his consulting accelerator program for $2,000. On the Tai Lopez webinar he charged $3,000 and on another funnel he was charging $2,000. Which came across as a total scam to me. And then he said it wouldn't be recorded and there it was in my email after, completely recorded. He also stated that it wouldn't be available after 100 seats filled up, which was a total lie. He's like "Yeah we're at 80 seats now, this is definitely gonna sell out guys." And then I check in my email two days after and he's still offering to sell it to me. Clearly it's a scam and he learned from the best at the Foundation.

D

Deleted78083

This guy eventually wrote a book that came out last year called "start from zero". I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads.

Some parts were just weird.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.