The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For Every Action, There Is An Equal and Opposite Reaction

Anything related to matters of the mind

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
It's December. December means over-indulgence. This month, people will scuttle from celebratory meal to meal to meal, consuming 3500 calories at a sitting, drinking gallons of alcohol, buying presents for people they don't even follow on Facebook, and generally entering into a whirlwind of consumption. The conventional wisdom says that this is inevitable:

998c587f336d06024a62cbea5922a27f.jpg

"Don't bother starting to diet before January 2nd (because you'll be too hung-over on the first)." "Don't even look at the bill, you don't wanna know." "Don't worry about it, just pay the minimum, it's Christmas, right?"

And so it is that most of the people around you will enter the next year of their life with way too much body mass and way too little cash. It's inevitable. Right?

I wonder if any sidewalker has ever stopped to think that for every maxed out credit card, every gift reluctantly given to some jerk you never talk to in HR, every shopping cart of liquor downed, that while they got poor, overburdened and overweight, that there might be somebody else out there.

Somebody for whom the opposite was happening.

This morning I woke up to $1,200 in sales. $1,200, while sleeping. I wrote the copy and stocked the inventory for those sales in August. Over and over again, I got hit with requests, low-balls, entreaties to sell stuff and "get it out of my hair" or "I'll never sell it at that price." And I didn't. Then.

Now, five months later, I'm seeing a 200% return for every dollar invested. Oh, and I took @Vigilante's advice and went "all in," so we're talking about a 200% return on a lot of dollars.

The song and dance has completely changed. Before, people were beating me up on the prices (and getting nowhere). Now, they're griping about the expense but saying "I guess I can make it work." I'm not the cheapest out there, not by a long shot. But I took steps between the summer and now to make sure my direct competition was wiped out of inventory. When you have control, you can charge whatever you want.

My first year on FLF, I was amazed to enter a mirror universe. Here, Black Friday and the Christmas Shopping season were not the worst time of year, but the best. While everybody else was going broke, a certain kind of person, who figured out how to zig when the rest of the world was zaigging, was getting rich during the same month that most Americans see their FICO score dip below their body weight.

very-bad-credit-score-300-560.jpg

While most Americans spend January eating ramen and dumpster-diving for unpunched bus tickets, this other group of people spent January in Australia, or Asia, or Africa.

It's not too late. You have 3/4 of the month left. If you're reading this and dying under the strain of going with the flow, you don't have to. If you're reading this and thinking that there is no other way, you're wrong. Read TMF . Read the gold threads. Get yourself a hustle, and use that to propel yourself to real freedom by having a full-blown product to sell next year.

It's not too late.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.