The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Focus on whats important?

Anything related to matters of the mind

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
I have a dilemma.

I love to play soccer. But it is time to cut down on it? I'm 27 years old.

Either play 4 times a week ( 3 practices, 1 game) Plus gym 3 times a week.
Or 2 times a week. ( 1 practice and, 1 game) Plus gym 3 times a week.

Each soccer practise take about 2.5 hours/day with getting there and back home.

I feel like if I'm ever going to have time to start a business I have to free up more time. I get distracted easily and focus is not the best.

Working from 9-18
Practice from 19-21
Home 21:30

Could work on my business after 21:30 or before my regular job. But i also have to cook and spend time with my girlfriend...

What would you guys do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
I focus on what pays my bills; everything else is a hobby.

I think you're right and problem with signing with a team is that you have to go to the practicses. You can't choose to stay at home for 1 week because you have other things to do.

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk
I have a dilemma.

I feel like if I'm ever going to have time to start a business I have to free up more time. I get distracted easily and focus is not the best.

Working from 9-18
Practice from 19-21

Could work on my business after 21:30 or before my regular job. But i also have to cook and spend time with my girlfriend...

What would you guys do?

I recently stopped playing rugby for my local team, with training and games it took up a lot of time. Although i really enjoyed it and it was good for my health in many many ways, i decided it was time to pack it in for a while, to free up time not only for business but it allows me to actually have a few hours spare where i can actually just not do anything.

Now this may sound counter productive, freeing up time just to allow time to do nothing but i come up with my best ideas when im just essentially sitting on my arse and i value working time much more when i know im not non stop.

My advice would be to pack it in for the time being, and try work towards freeing time up in the future if you want to get back into it. Alternatively you could just cut back, maybe train rather than play games. Or sign up for something like 5 a side once a week, still get your football (soccer) fix but with less time commitment.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have a dilemma.

Working from 9-18
Practice from 19-21

What would you guys do?
This book will help you in your job, in your personal life, and with deciding what is important.

Amazon.com: First Things First eBook: Stephen R. Covey, A. Roger Merrill, Rebecca R. Merrill: Kindle Store

Last edited:

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk
This book will help you in your job, in your personal life, and with deciding what is important.

Amazon.com: First Things First eBook: Stephen R. Covey, A. Roger Merrill, Rebecca R. Merrill: Kindle Store

I understand the point of reccomending that book to help him decide,

however...

Could he not just save time by asking himself whats more important, then deciding what to drop from his life. Hes asking the question as he doesnt have enough time to begin with, so i cant imagine he has enough time to read a book to help him make that deicsion.

You're on this forum for a reason OP, i think you know the answer. Quit soccer and pick up a book or read info that will help educate you in your current business pursuits, a book that will help you take action rather than a book that will help you decide what to quit, so you have more time for taking action.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014

however...

Could he not just save time by asking himself whats more important, then deciding what to drop from his life. Hes asking the question as he doesnt have enough time to begin with, so i cant imagine he has enough time to read a book to help him make that deicsion.

You're on this forum for a reason OP, i think you know the answer. Quit soccer and pick up a book or read info that will help educate you in your current business pursuits, a book that will help you take action rather than a book that will help you decide what to quit, so you have more time for taking action.

I will get the book in audiobook format. Thus i can listen to it while working my regular job.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014

however...

u stopped completely or do you still practise 1-2 times a week?

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk
u stopped completely or do you still practise 1-2 times a week?

I told my coach that i cant fully commit anymore, however I still train when i can to keep general fitness up, and for the social aspect.

I do plan on fully commtiming again but only when i have more money and more time.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Think of it this way, if you feel that soccer is the easiest thing to cut to get time back..

You can play soccer and be happy, content with your slowlane job.

Or

You can sacrifice soccer now and build the means to be able to play soccer whenever you want.

But, this is thesge old parable of the businessman and the fisherman. If you're happy with your life the way it is, then why change. But if you have the desire to build something, I think you already know the answer.

mosdef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 1, 2014
I want to be able to be freee, and able to move from Sweden som day. I really want to be free from the slowlane job.

Will i someday? Dont know... will decreasing soccer from 4 times a week to 1 time a week help with it? Probably..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.