The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

flip ultraHD

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
i'm looking into purchasing this flip camera.

i notice there are 2nd generation models. is the flip ultraHD considered 2nd gen? or they the same thing? i'm a little confused by this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
We have the first Flip HD. Love it. Really small, and charges from the USB.

Just saw the new one-- it was TWICE AS THICK as our original!

What's up w/that?!

We prefer the form factor of the original-- perfect small size to fit anywhere (we have 2, keep them in the diaper bag or car, so they're always around to catch the candid moments!

Easy to download, and Flip! has their own website where you can edit the vids before posting them to Youtube.

Did I mention that we love ours? ;)

-Russ H.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
thanks for the info russ. yes i know gen 2 is thicker..however i'm trying to find out where the flipHD falls into place here. is it 2nd gen or are there two versions of the HD? i'm lookin into the 120 record time for the flipHD. also would like to obtain an underwater case for a possible australia trip ;]

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Ryan,

If you are looking for a hands free type of HD cam for active vacations, check out the Go Pro Hero HD. It will be available at the end of Oct. The picture is amazing. The case is waterproof.

GoPro HD HERO®: Pre-Production Test Footage

Let me know if it interests you. I have a bunch on pre-order, I am a dealer and will be selling these.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
Ryan,

If you are looking for a hands free type of HD cam for active vacations, check out the Go Pro Hero HD. It will be available at the end of Oct. The picture is amazing. The case is waterproof.

GoPro HD HERO®: Pre-Production Test Footage

Let me know if it interests you. I have a bunch on pre-order, I am a dealer and will be selling these.

that looks interesting. i'm trying to find a comparison with the ultraHD. how much ae they going to cost? also, do you know how far down the waterproof case is effective too (ie/30ft?)

----

still trying to find the answer to my original question. if anyone can clarify that would be great

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
that looks interesting. i'm trying to find a comparison with the ultraHD. how much ae they going to cost? also, do you know how far down the waterproof case is effective too (ie/30ft?)

Retail is $299 on them. I may be able to get you one a few bucks cheaper. GoFalls (Derek) took one down to 50ft I think and he said it started to leak at that depth at the buttons.

One thing about the gopro is that they are wide angle. Your video edges get distorted a little, so if you don't like that then I would go with a flip. The advantage of the gopro is that you can get yourself in all the videos and alot of background with the wide angle.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
To answer your earlier question, both are HD.

The newer one has 2x zoom, an HDMI input, and records for twice as long.

And it's freakin' big. ;)

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!