The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

fiverr fastlane?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014

Karla

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 20, 2014
Not if you`re trading time for money. Maybe if you outsource. Meaning you are selling some service or product and have people on fiverr do it for you.

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
Fiverr sucks.

You can make so much more cash if you charge your own rates and find your own clients. If you can find an extremely simple gig that sells well and then outsource all the work to some dude in a third world country it could be a viable business idea. Otherwise, completing gigs is a massive waste of time. Not to mention the fact that Fiverr takes a dollar from each project that you complete.

I think Fiverr can be good to make some quick cash but it's not a long-term solution.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It is for the owner(s) of fiverr.

I honestly can't believe anyone that's been here for the length you have would even create a thread asking this question.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
It's not fastlane at all. I used it when I was really broke, and used that money to buy items to flip from Craigslist, and now I'm using that money to put towards a real passive income venture.

It's better than working at McDonalds, but when I calculated it out I was really only making like $8/hour or so (each job would pay me $4 after fees and would take like half an hour to complete.) Don't rely on slave labor like this. Unless you have a way of completing a $4 job in a couple of minutes, this isn't even an effective way to bootstrap.

C.S. Abbink

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 13, 2014
Totally depends on the project. If you automated the process you are offering, why not?

For example: If you created an automated process to convert plain text to a kinetic typography video, or a logo to 3d, you would only need 5-10 minutes a day to copy/paste the text (which you could even outsource) and mail the results.

5-10 minutes a day for 60k sounds fastlane to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Rcaraway1989

Rob C
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
470%
Mar 16, 2011
Austin, TX
I've heard of people who use Fiverr to validate their idea -- example: someone who wanted to build some resume designing software first manually designed people's resume's by testing it on fiverr.

After he was getting more requests than he could fill he started building software to automate it.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Good money vs. big money section in TMF , or stalk MJ's posts and find where he talks about it. TL;DR as I recall his example was his best affiliates and his own site. He cleared six or seven figures in a month, while his best affiliate made "good money," $30K/mo. This fiverr guy is making 60K/yr because the people who own Fiverr are making $6M/yr. Be the guys who own fiverr, if you can.

I actually don't think everyone needs to swing for big money if they're killing it in a small market though, as long as their "killing it" is still fastlane. For example, $150,000/yr mostly passively beats the living crap out of almost any job (even if you made $300K as a surgeon, that's still by doing overnight shifts and having little kids die on your watch and having to talk to the family after). If you can farm it out, go for it, but to me, that thing with the quadraplex house generating $800/mo in passive income and free lodging is way more impressive than someone grinding for 60K, because that $800 is coming in while you're at the beach or window shopping in NYC or on a plane. 60K connected to your time is a tough beat, 60K passively is brilliant.

Last edited:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Need
Entry
Control
Scale
Time.

^ This is fastlane. 'Fastlane' is not some arbitrary 'matter of opinion' thing. It is very clearly definable.

Fiverr freelancing:

Violates Entry (because anyone with the skillset can start competing with you within 20 minutes)
Violates Control to some degree (If fiverr shuts down, so does your revenue)
Violates Scale (because you are just one person, and therefore you are your own bottleneck)
Violates Time (because the income is not divorced from your time)

Read the book, because it's the best one of its category.

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
Totally depends on the project. If you automated the process you are offering, why not?

For example: If you created an automated process to convert plain text to a kinetic typography video, or a logo to 3d, you would only need 5-10 minutes a day to copy/paste the text (which you could even outsource) and mail the results.

5-10 minutes a day for 60k sounds fastlane to me.

Yes that's what I'm doing automated process.

I have made a plan and it includes me literally doing 1 minute of work per gig hence I asked is this a fastlane approach? If I scale it big I reckon I can do 120k in 6 months. I've already done some work and started the gigs, it's going very successful and orders are rolling each day.

And sorry @AllenCrawley should of made it a bit clear on my thread post.

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
I've heard of people who use Fiverr to validate their idea -- example: someone who wanted to build some resume designing software first manually designed people's resume's by testing it on fiverr.

After he was getting more requests than he could fill he started building software to automate it.

Good concept. I've seen people gain their customer base from fiverr then turning them into regulars on their own site. Kind of dodgy method but it worked for them lol.

CreateLiving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 27, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Fiverr a Fastlane? Sure, just not how you would think. Charge $15 for a service elsewhere and then outsource it to Fiverr. Rinse, Repeat, Profit.

Last edited:

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
I really like fiverr I think it is a really cool site and I actually just hired someone on there to help me make schematics for a clock I'm building for my dad. But, no way it's fastlane. I paid the guy I hired like $35 for a couple of hours of work and that is FAR from fastlane.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
This can become fastlane.. If you invest the profit and money you make into creating a business.
Best of luck

CreateLiving

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 27, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The creators of Fiverr are some extremely intelligent and business savvy individuals. They provide a unique and highly enticing service to multiple different demographics. We can learn a lot from them!

integrity

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Apr 6, 2014
Need
Entry
Control
Scale
Time.

^ This is fastlane. 'Fastlane' is not some arbitrary 'matter of opinion' thing. It is very clearly definable.

Fiverr freelancing:

Violates Entry (because anyone with the skillset can start competing with you within 20 minutes)
Violates Control to some degree (If fiverr shuts down, so does your revenue)
Violates Scale (because you are just one person, and therefore you are your own bottleneck)
Violates Time (because the income is not divorced from your time)

Read the book, because it's the best one of its category.

This.

Not saying you can't make it work for you or earn good money, but it's not a fastlane venture.

A

Anon101637

No it's not fiverr promote buyer instead of sellers and you have no control if you are on the buyer side you hope that the seller will do the job and not leave with the money you paid for him to do the job you have no legal regulation that can protect you which clearly violate the commandment of control and if you are the seller otherwise you can do the job but the buyer won't pay you or ask for revision to do more unpaid work not worth the time find company you can trust to build their website or offer your service it's not worth the penny to be on fiverr stay away from it

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.