The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH Fitness / Activity trackers. Your thoughts? Recommendations?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

S.Y.

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Hi guys,

I have been thinking about tracking my activity level + my sleep recently. I researched the whole topic. I am fully aware that those devices are giving approximation at best. But I have been slacking recently, and I have been thinking of using a tracker.

And that made me curious. What do you all think of those? do you use them? do you find them useful? which one do you use?

for the life of me, I can't find a minimalist one that tracks what I want to track with good reviews. I am not interested in the smartwatch features, am connected enough. I was looking for a slim, discreet band and it is falling short. Don't know if it is the tech or the demand, but a potential opportunity for a business?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

AceVentures

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Apr 16, 2019
Houston
I had the Fitbit Charge 3. Stopped working after ~1.5 years but I really loved it while it lasted.

Ergonomic. Slim. Discrete. Not in-your-face with a billion features. Heart rate tracker. Several exercise tracking options for running, cycling, lifting, etc. Solid battery life. Pretty affordable too.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I think being obsessive about how many steps you take or whatever is a waste of time. Just stick with your routine and normal sleep schedule, to the point it becomes automatic.

My own routines are simple, 3x a week I need to do pushups, pullups, running etc. Nothing to crazy & usually goto bed every night from 1-2am.

But if you insist, a piece of paper and pencil does wonders, or a notepad on your PC

Tom J

New Contributor
Jul 7, 2020
South Island of New Zealand
Hello,

Personally, I never have and never will buy any fitness trackers. Not only do 'top-brands' cost a fair bit but I don't see the point in them.

To be honest, I view them as more of a waste and distraction; if you are truly serious about getting into better shape, you do not need a fitness tracker. The value they add is minimal - at the end of the day YOU are the one that decides to exercise and work-out, the fitness tracker will not do that for you.

Sure, it might give you some detailed statistics. Sure, it might give you your heart rate. Sure, it might track your sleep. But how much value does this information give you? What are you going to do with this information to improve yourself? As someone else here said, I don't think you should obsess yourself over statistics and how much steps you've taken - it's just a distraction.

Don't take what we see for granted, you need to look at both sides of the story and decide for yourself what you think is best for you.

nmalcolm92

The Charismatic
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Apr 20, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
I personally love my Garmin Fenix 6x. It cost an arm and a leg, but it's the most amazing travel companion, especially if you like going off-grid. It also single-handedly got me into running, which I absolutely hated before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom