The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Meeting with Potential Client

Marketing, social media, advertising

Tweeve11

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 23, 2015
Hey Guys,

I've been on the forum a while now, and have been following the teachings of @Fox (lol) as well as his thread and Facebook group and hustling my own web consulting business. I focus on finding mostly small to medium service businesses with high dollar sales (think elevator repair, flight school's, construction, etc...) who have a terrible website. I sell them on increased sales and revenue via an update in web design, advertising, social media management, etc depending on what they need. Once they have agreed, I pass them along to my service provider and collect a commission on the sale/contract.

I am doing research on a potential client that I have a meeting with tomorrow and I am trying to figure out the meat and potatoes of what he is doing well and what he isn't doing well. We have spoke on the phone and he knows he needs help. He is interested and willing, he just wants to further qualify me just as much as I want to qualify him. He is on the first page of google for his most searched keyword (his industry and location), but his website is still pretty bad. Its mobile optimized, but tons of text on the first page and outdated design and concept. He is open to a redesign as well as some advertising campaign management, so I am trying to figure out where he is going wrong, so I can better select the service providers to help him (I am a consultant, so i just sell solutions and connect people).

I have been using Spyfu, but I cant make a great deal of sense from all the information it provides. He is definitely spending some decent money on adwords, but to me, it seems like he is spending way too much. Ultimately, my goal for tomorrow is to qualify his price point, as well as offer him some more specifics on what could be done. I don't have to really give him exact details, because Im not the one doing the work for him (he will have those conversations with those individuals). I just try to get a good idea of where he is at and where he wants to be, so that Im not trying to hand off a client to someone who wouldn't be a good fit.

What tools or resources should I be using to gain a better sense of his pitfalls so that I can sell him the right solutions to the problems he has? Are there other tools like spyfu that evaluate websites and reveal flaws that I could use to give him a better understanding of the kinds of solutions my service providers will be providing him?

Any and all info, as always, is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marshall

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.