The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Landing Page

Marketing, social media, advertising

Wal903

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane
I'm about to start my first landing page. Would really appreciate it anyone could share some good articles on landing page content, or easy sites to use, or anything that has helped you previously.

It's a sales funnel for an ebook, currently looking at using unbounce to build it, though first timer with this, learning as I go, so open to suggestions.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lavi Fletcher

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 2, 2015
Sydney
Look at the landing pages of companies like Apple, Uber, AirBnb.

The thing they all have in common is a huge picture which spans the width of the screen, and usually large writing in the middle with a call to action.

They've spent money figuring out which is the most effective so I think it would be beneficial to follow in their footsteps.

Wal903

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Dec 23, 2014
Brisbane
Look at the landing pages of companies like Apple, Uber, AirBnb.

The thing they all have in common is a huge picture which spans the width of the screen, and usually large writing in the middle with a call to action.

They've spent money figuring out which is the most effective so I think it would be beneficial to follow in their footsteps.

Thanks Lavi, solid advice, I'll check it out and see what I can come up with

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I disagree. It's true they've spent money figuring out what is most effective, but you aren't Apple, Uber or AirBnb. Their customers are at a different stage of awareness than yours. They're selling a different product, to a different market, at a different price point, using a different method. Unfortunately, I think the answer you're looking for isn't an easy one. Maybe look for other people that built a successful sales funnel for an eBook that had no customer base or awareness. Just my input.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
My advice would be to go out there and take a deep look and not just at the big names that have got the big case studies. I'm not saying dismiss them completely, but as @wade1mil says try going a bit deeper in your own niche and people at a particular level.

One great way to get started is to play about with some Google search strings that allow you to take a closer look at what your niche is doing with lead magnets / sales funnels.

For example putting site:leadpages.net health ebook or allintext:health ebook site:*.leadpages.net into Google will get you a range of pages that are promoting a health ebook

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I'm about to start my first landing page. Would really appreciate it anyone could share some good articles on landing page content, or easy sites to use, or anything that has helped you previously.

It's a sales funnel for an ebook, currently looking at using unbounce to build it, though first timer with this, learning as I go, so open to suggestions.

Thanks

I heard your prayers ;)

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Im about to launch my first one also. I saw what my competitors were doing and fused it with what I've learned from high conversion landing pages. The page will be launched and tested this week. If it works well I will confirm with you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Thanks

This might be of interest:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Now then... you can't leave us hanging like that. What were the two details?

The ads and page expectations could have been improved (better aligned). I am advertising a local business but the content on the page was only describing the service not the service relevant to the location.

Also, demonstrating trust (social proof) and the value in what we do (problem we solve). By adding our participation in major accredited platforms we can show that we are reputable.

Main points of our service and how its valuable we added on top of the already offer.
I also made the button the focal point by centering and animating it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.