The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Ebook Done, 3 more on the way.

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys,

I started a fitness blog several months back for fun. Since then I have provided over a 100 helpful articles and gained around 80 subscribers. This is without any advertising.

Some of the users contacted me directly regarding their rehab needs. So many of them had shoulder injuries from weight training with improper technique.

So I created an ebook for them.

I'm working on adding a store to my blog but in the meantime I figured it would be a good idea to release the shoulder ebook on Amazon.

I have a brand new amazon seller account and just had my first ebook rendered to kindle version on fiver.com

What steps do I have to take to release this first book?

PS I have 3 more Ebooks in the works for the needs of my followers. Each Ebook is around 30,000 words complete with legal disclaimer, cover art and social media links/about the blog/author included.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
Congrats!

Far as I can tell, Amazon books are as simple as upload and wait for it to be set up on their site. It converts everything into the Kindle format, that I'm aware of. Take that with a grain of salt, though, as I haven't uploaded anything yet. (Amazon giving me hassles with account creation.)

Am curious on how your disclaimer is set up, though.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
As far as uploading to amazon, that's ridiculously simple since you have .mobi from the guy in Fivver right?
Do you have a book cover already?
You gotta ACE THE COVER! People buy the cover, sad but true....
Here are some video tutorials, uploading and covers are in there too, but you can supposedly get a good cover from your Fivver crew.

http://goo.gl/YcXcDt
see the others in that playlist

Hit it!

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
As far as marketing goes, since you have 80 subscribers, that's actually a good start.
Don't sell to them directly, 80/20 balance your posts (80) and your selling.
I would consider making the book FREE for 5 days, you can do this if you use KDP Select, which means you may ONLY publish on amazon for the first 3 months. Also you may not have more than 10% of your book in the blog as a preview.

You could also hand pick some of the best subscribers e.g. the ones who already contacted you, and make them your "beta readers" or launch team.
They get a free copy of the book for helping you with feedback and corrections --
IMPORTANT -- they also give you the first reviews on amazon -- "social proof".

If you piss off your list of subscribers or don't get any reviews in amazon your book will sit there literally for years without 1 sale.

Disciple

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Dec 23, 2014
As far as uploading to amazon, that's ridiculously simple since you have .mobi from the guy in Fivver right?
Do you have a book cover already?
You gotta ACE THE COVER! People buy the cover, sad but true....
Here are some video tutorials, uploading and covers are in there too, but you can supposedly get a good cover from your Fivver crew.

http://goo.gl/YcXcDt
see the others in that playlist

Hit it!
Thanks for that link. I'll have to check it out later myself.

Djs87

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I think you're on the right track with your blog. What you should do is focus more on generating organic traffic and increase your subscriber rate. Get as many emails as possible to market your ebook too. Health and fitness seems to be extremely saturated. Perhaps make one of them free for download to get people to subscribe. Then push the other books to those who signed up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.