The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First attempt at being a physician entrepreneur

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

familydocPA

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jul 9, 2020
Pennsylvania
I just finished Unscripted - it was remarkably helpful. I had so many "business" ideas but after reading the book realized that so many of them were really just ways for me to create a job for myself, and had no potential to lead to a scale-able business. I also realized that even if I don't want to side hustle with more work as a physician, that I can still leverage the knowledge that I have about the industry.

Marco's words on value really hit home with me. I realized that if I am going to have a shot, I need to be providing true value. That was the real missing piece for me as I looked to create a business. I saw many pathways to making a million a year in medicine, but many of them did not feel right, and it is because of the missing value.

With all of that in mind I have whittled down my ideas and there is one that I am very excited about. It involves helping other primary care doctors increase their income through effective billing and coding practices. It is something that I was looking for several years ago, and was not able to find anything. So I had to educate myself. I now provide that education to doctors in training and get consistently great feedback, so I'm going to see if I can turn this into a business.

My goal is to invest a minimum amount of money but a lot of time into making a great product, and bring it to the marketplace for feedback as soon as possible. I hope to have something in 2 months, despite moving into a very busy time of year.

My tasks:
-Pick a company name and form an LLC, open a bank account
-Register domain and put together basic website
-Put together course material (I think I will use Thinkific - it seems best suited for my needs) - obviously this is where I will be spending the majority of my time developing stellar content

Once it comes out, I will use Marco's framework to get market feedback and sell the product. I can use my contacts to promote on a grass-roots level and then reach out to larger players in this field if I can get proof of concept.

I have a lot of ideas for marketing but will post them later after I have put the product together.

If my course is successful, I have other areas of expertise that could be developed and cultivated under the same brand. I would also consider speaking engagements and consulting as natural extensions of this business.

Thanks for following along on my journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.