• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Finding the right manufacturer for a supplement company

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by Fpm9, Sep 10, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Fpm9

Fpm9 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $457
    Hey everyone,

I am working on designing a health supplement product. I am currently using a milligram scale and raw ingredients to find the right formula, hopefully I will have it by the end of September ( as well as enough feedback from my friends ). Maybe I'll also try to get emails from customers, to get a feedback from the market. Then I'll need to find a manufacturer, and I haven't done much research yet.

I don't know what my priorities should be, even though I found some very useful threads on the forums ( especially some progress threads that are great motivation ). Here's what I have thought of :

- Can do custom supplements ( Can't do private labeling for this type of supplement )
    - Low minimum order ( I can't afford 50.000 units ).
    - Responsive to emails
    - Ask them if they provide insurance ?

Do you see anything else I should be aware of ? Also if you know some manufacturers in Europe that would be awesome.

Thanks a lot!

2. OldFaithful

OldFaithful Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,247
    I'll admit that I don't know a thing about the supplement business, but I can do a search. ;) No one else has responded with anything useful so I'll just refer you to the following prior work. Best wishes.
    Progress Thread - Eskil's Progress Thread: Starting a Supplement Business from Scratch

Recommendations? Private Label Supplements?
    Supplements Business? YES OR NO?
    Supplement Entrepreneurs: Exercise Caution
    Progress Thread - Axiom's Supplement Company
    Digital/Web - Creating your own fitness supplement or beauty products

Fpm9 and Cableabe like this.
  3. Fpm9

Fpm9 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $457
    Amazing, thank you for your help!

When I was saying that some progress thread were great motivation I was thinking of Eskil's thread, as well as Sanctus Nutrition.

I haven't found some of the threads you suggested, looks like I have some reading for tonight!

OldFaithful likes this.
  4. Puppy

Puppy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $285
    maybe try to get a focus group of your market? a group of people who would be willing to test the product before you go to market with it. not your friends, too much bias there to be a good indicator of your market. but maybe reach out on social media or in a supplement focused forum for volunteers for a beta test of your formula. make a study out of it. then you have built in testimonials, feedback, and can maybe use the proven results of your study to add value to your sale page/pitch.

Fpm9 likes this.
  5. Fpm9

Fpm9 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $457
    I was thinking about testimonials recently.. but I'm not sure how I can get strangers to test my product. I can't see my self telling people "here, take those pills I made in my basement and let me know if you like the effects". Maybe friends of friends ? I'm always paranoid of that one guy who will pretend something is wrong with my product and will sue me.

To get feedback I was thinking of using a landing page and asking for emails in exchange of a free pdf about something related to my target audience ( or maybe a discount code once my product is released )