• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

Finding Needs/Wants

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by LittleWolfie, Jul 9, 2018.

1. AllanB

AllanB Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $283
    I think you limit your possibilities of ideas.
    Selling a service is much broader than selling something useful in everyday life.

For example, a need that would be quite universal would be to help other people and businesses attract more customers (and thus earn more money). This is what a lot of companies like, among the most famous, Ebay, Amazon, Airbnb, Google Adwords, Tripadvisor, Vistaprint, etc... do.

Almost all businesses, regardless of size or location, are looking for more profit. If you have noticed that a company is missing out on a development opportunity, it would be a great starting point for you to come up with your idea and work with this company.

Late Bloomer likes this.
  2. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $530
    Slowly but surely. I've knocked out a couple of process. The main issue right now is getting hold of a test bed audience . Qubit guys sat down with a 100 people struggling to quit and talked to them before doing any design work.

How can I find the names and contact details of 100 smokers who are failing to quit?

Yup bug photography, I was thinking of two seprate niches there, I had not thought of combining the two niches that's a pretty good general idea. Then it's a case of reaching lambo owning bug photographers (and getting the dimensions,style of lambo.)

Yes it is currently a multi-million dollar IoT niche. Most of the systems work the other way, pulling weather climate data in off the net in order to ascertain the correct amount of water to be distributed. Some of the smartest butts are actually fed by surface water drains (from the towns and cities) and order in a water bosses when they become full.

That said a homeowners version using an ardruino for a smart surge tank (save water locally for reuse) might be something.

To operate a demo system though I'd need the permits and the land, which is now pushing us up in to a three figure sum.

The current providers don't provide APIs to tap into , probably because they want to flog their own metric data.

This is kind of how the smart city approaches work.

I agree I want to include something like this. It has to be the right info product in the right niche, and well it is not the only thing, and probably not the first one. I can see step 5-10.

Thanks guys for the book recommendations.

Jello likes this.
  3. Fastlane Liam

Fastlane Liam Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,883
    30 Day Update, lets hear it. I made a promise to come back
    All the discarded ideas and advice here Im sure you pulled off something much better

4. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $530
    Well it was only 29 days for me because of the time difference, it's 30 now. :)

My main effort right now is joyous tone approach to changing mindset. I like the fact that it is a simple, practical approach to things rather than just "change mindset" "think better". Eventually this is going to be a book+ other products aimed at those with Alexithymia . (About 10% of the population) I suspect there will be overlap with Autisim and others. Books etc will be highlky scaleable, and once I@ve achived it. I willbe able to write and tell others how to do so. (I'm collecting my thoughts and process, a I go along) I shall be an author oneday

I found plum.io very helpful, in identify areas in which my current mindset can be monetised(then I can spend more money on improving my mindset if needed)

Somebody on here came up with a great idea of scouting one star yelp reviews to identify problems and then address them, you can give yourself an extra boost over the competition that way. I';v yet to work out any niche within that though.

Apparently my cultural awareness is in the top 15% of the workforce and I'm "resilient to criticism and rejection - this is an uncommon and highly valued ability"

What I need to find out now is whom values this in what positions, so I can look at some kind of work in that area.

If it is a highly valued ability, that I'm good at then paying me for using that ability, while perhaps not scaleable directly ought to be a no brainer.

I have an entry barrier since only 15% of the workforce is as good or better than I am.

I'm looking to work out how to position it exactly in salestalk. Who needs the problem of difficulty handling
    criticism and suggesting improvements to their process to prevent re-occurrence of complaints ? Who is looking to hire
    people with excellent cultural awareness?

Can I combine these two in order to provide a rare offering? Are there roles which primarly demand Cultural awareness and handling of criticism?

Well, I was delighted to go with designing and flogging t-shirts in the end, becuase;

Simple product to understand,
    Low bandwidths not an issue.
    People buy it or not.
    No need to spend a lot of money to find smoking shelters.

I've yet to come up with a resonating design, I've only thought up one so far though.

I decided to value add technical recruiting by sending an employer looking for people an email of candidates looking for work similar to their position(included their direct contact details) my subject line was "hoping to help"

I probably should have sent a read receipt to see if it was opened or not.

That again meets most of the requirements, it's easy for me to find and verify people. I can make inital value add contact by email or instant messaging/sms if it becomes available if I need to Skype people then that can be an extra service, so I can afford to book a coworking spot, it can be done after I get clients.

However recived a great suggestion yesterday I might be better off switching to comp consultant.

Did some value add explaining to someone looking for crypto work about the advantages of using sidechains to accomplish asset backed crypto. While the actual money making does need either better bandwidth or someone with better bandwidth to help me out, I can at least show on yes they,which is the same thing.

The problem I now have is I'm not sure which of these fantastic ideas I should pursue most.

I asked those who thought I was to make a charitable donation in my name,that way I can get a monetary value for it without being a money chase to help me gauge which is the best idea to fully pursue.

Since no one has donated a cent,I'm guessing that their is still something wrong in my process.

I just thought of a car flipping approach from reading another thread on here, and am trying to figure out how I can make that work.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  5. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $530
    If I knew how to do this I wouldn't be struggling to find customers myself though, so I need that service.

For the EU by far the most lucrative area is the equivalent of interstate commerce,it's a major stumbling block for local saas, us companies expanding ( a major issue for scaling since there is no local market like the us) as well as for established conventional companies and local govs.

By US standards it is incredibly isolated despite all being a single market with uniform laws and regulations.

It's interesting to note I made an attempt at providing market resarch previously. However established companies have others to approach and non established companies start ups don't want to spend money on it (then run out of cash building a product no one wants)

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.