The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Finding a freelance sales person

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

pumpking

Contributor
Sep 14, 2019
Hi all,

I've built my start-up business to the point where our major revenue bottleneck is in sales and lead generation. It seems most folks here are of the DIY mindset with this stuff, however I'd prefer to offload the task so that it can be done better (I know I'm not the best with sales!), so I can focus on other parts of the biz, and so it can be done faster / at greater volumes. My business is a service one and a single gig pulls in about $2-3k in revenue, so my thought was to hire someone with a 10-15% commission arrangement. (Under my own efforts we're closing about 1-2 / month. I would like to get to 10/month as a first step)

Is this common? If so, what are the best places to find the right freelance sales agent?

Thanks in advance!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi all,

I've built my start-up business to the point where our major revenue bottleneck is in sales and lead generation. It seems most folks here are of the DIY mindset with this stuff, however I'd prefer to offload the task so that it can be done better (I know I'm not the best with sales!), so I can focus on other parts of the biz, and so it can be done faster / at greater volumes. My business is a service one and a single gig pulls in about $2-3k in revenue, so my thought was to hire someone with a 10-15% commission arrangement. (Under my own efforts we're closing about 1-2 / month. I would like to get to 10/month as a first step)

Is this common? If so, what are the best places to find the right freelance sales agent?

Thanks in advance!
What type of service is it?

OP
OP
pumpking

pumpking

Contributor
Sep 14, 2019
What type of service is it?
Sorry for not mentioning it earlier, it's architectural visualization (via 3D graphics). Our site is here: www.hunterandspark.com

Our clients use us to create beautiful imagery for properties that don't exist yet, so they can cut the lead time out of their own sales process (for example), or in the case of commercial properties, make a stronger case to potential investors.

Kid

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016

^Its a link to good post

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
For inbound leads or more colder calling?

Just curious what the exact set up would be.

OP
OP
pumpking

pumpking

Contributor
Sep 14, 2019
For inbound leads or more colder calling?

Just curious what the exact set up would be.
...yes :)

Honestly I'm in the process of educating myself as I go on this one. I guess lead generation is probably closest to what we need. Cold calling I'm shy on because there's a high degree of trust required in this field as we're wrangling 4 digit figures per gig (and especially in our region of the US, people generally don't want to work with you unless they know you somehow or have some prior connection), so I wouldn't want to "waste" potential good leads by trying to cold recruit them. (But maybe that's my own perception?? I hate being "bothered" by cold sales myself, be it in email, postal mail, phone calls, or people approaching me on the street. Maybe I'm an outlier, not sure)

College Dropout

Contributor
Nov 22, 2017
Winston-Salem, NC
...yes :)

Honestly I'm in the process of educating myself as I go on this one. I guess lead generation is probably closest to what we need. Cold calling I'm shy on because there's a high degree of trust required in this field as we're wrangling 4 digit figures per gig (and especially in our region of the US, people generally don't want to work with you unless they know you somehow or have some prior connection), so I wouldn't want to "waste" potential good leads by trying to cold recruit them. (But maybe that's my own perception?? I hate being "bothered" by cold sales myself, be it in email, postal mail, phone calls, or people approaching me on the street. Maybe I'm an outlier, not sure)
About 6 months ago I was playing around with the idea of doing something of this sort for businesses... lead generation and sales automation that is. In the past, I've landed several appointments through cold email... for an ad agency I was working with... it's a surprisingly effective strategy that can be almost fully automated. Prior to this I was working with an eCommerce software company that did a lot of sales through email, webinar, skype, etc and sold about a half a million dollars or so for them over the span of a year.

Would love to try and help you.

Cons: Limited experience.

Pros: Free to work with.. I just think this stuff is cool.

Alternatively... there are companies that essentially run rooms of salespeople available to cold call. I've only had experience working with one... but they were on the cheap side of available options.. and the calls reflected this.

Here's a resource you might like regarding cold email:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ixND6YoJIU

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Advanced Upwork Proposals II IS FINALLY LIVE! Here's a look at what's inside: Improved YOU...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In its infancy, we...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock