The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Find Your STAR in the DESERT!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
The Fulani are a nomadic tribe located in the hearts of the Sub-Sahara African desert often famous for their desert trips. Its important during this trips to know the stars, their positions and how they guide the traveler towards his destinations.
Stars are important in life and business they guide us towards making the right decisions, avoiding to go the wrong way, and while they do not wade off challenges or mistakes, still they guide us towards the right path even in the midst of troubles.

What isn't a Star?

• Goal: Goal is your destination, what you plan to achieve, where you plan to be int he next 5 years etc, sometimes you break this down to little objectives to help you reach the ultimate goal, while goal is important it isn't your star.
  • Why: Your why is your motivation, the reasoning behind your drive, "I want to by mum a her house", "I can't live like this anymore", "I hate this car" these are all why's also very important but still isn't your star.
So what is a Star?
A star is unchanging and uncompromising in its quest to guide you towards your goal. If your destination is East and you understand how to read and follow the stars, you will end up in the East. Following a star doesn't mean there won't me diversions, wars ravage everyday in the desert, abductions and all forms of evil loom around the corner, you may have to divert sometimes from main course but if you follow your star, you will always end up back on track.

There are billion of stars out there, if your going North you better don't follow the star shining in the East.

Whether its one or a billion people travelling the same stars guide them.

My Stars
I'm still in the process of identifying the stars in my life that keep me on track towards my goal of financial freedom and independence, happiness, charity and good health. They Include:

• Principles: Once I understood the principle of giving first and offering value before asking for anything things started changing in my life and I dare to say you cannot be a loving person without giving. Giving is the embodiment of love, and to be an entrepreneur is to give value to the world in the most excellent way possible. There are so many other principles but value is very important.
  • MJ's Decision making tool: Surprisingly I left my business to focus more on getting a Job. For the reason why, well that will take up another thread, but its a short term thing and I will be back soon in the entrepreneurial world but for now I will at best be part time. My factors included my vendors, investors, website developer etc. as you can guess there were a lot of factors but this tool made me make a very important (yet very painful) but decisive non emotional uncompromising decision.
  • My Heart: My conscience, My gut, My inner man, My faith so many names for this star, but it never fails to tell me the truth once I understood its language. I've been through so many set backs, failures, mistakes, trials and tribulations, as we all have, but still, I follow my heart, just like it says in the book The Alchemist, "wherever your heart is, there your treasure will be" I believe that, and though I'm not there yet, I try to live a life of integrity, passion and humility that's as a result of my inner voice. My Heart is still the brightest and the most important star I have.
In closing A wonderful Nigerian musician named Asa said: "You don't have to climb the highest mountain, for what your looking for is within you."
Find your star, navigate your way through the desert and I'm cheering you on, hoping you reach your destination.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
You will go a long way if you hold true to this my man :)

Proud of you for comprehending it this well so far.

Good job.

My star was, "these guys are being douches... but, I must be BETTER anyways... I must reach into the painful, sh#tty, scary darkness, and burn my arm in that acid, to reach through and grab the gold of my integrity"

I pull my scarred and screwed up arm, out of the acid, I relax my stiffened upper lip, and I breathe.

BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT WHAT WE DO, when we are on the other side of scorn.

You MUST learn integrity in the FLAMES.
Because thats the only way, you KNOW your character is real.

Business will shred you to pieces.
It is up to YOU, to be ok.
It is your responsibility, not to crack, or break, or hiss.
It is up to you, to steel yourself against all viscious winds of fate, to last through every flood, and to endure through every famine.

And through it all...
Become more.

That is a star.
Hold tight, to the potential of good within you.

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
You will go a long way if you hold true to this my man :)

Proud of you for comprehending it this well so far.

Good job.

My star was, "these guys are being douches... but, I must be BETTER anyways... I must reach into the painful, sh#tty, scary darkness, and burn my arm in that acid, to reach through and grab the gold of my integrity"

I pull my scarred and screwed up arm, out of the acid, I relax my stiffened upper lip, and I breathe.

BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT WHAT WE DO, when we are on the other side of scorn.

You MUST learn integrity in the FLAMES.
Because thats the only way, you KNOW your character is real.

Business will shred you to pieces.
It is up to YOU, to be ok.
It is your responsibility, not to crack, or break, or hiss.
It is up to you, to steel yourself against all viscious winds of fate, to last through every flood, and to endure through every famine.

And through it all...
Become more.

That is a star.
Hold tight, to the potential of good within you.
Absolutely brilliant! And yes a big star you identified, wish you the best.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.