The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Felix Dennis's Tips for Getting Really, Really Rich.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Peter2

Fastane Legend. RIP.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 2, 2007
Palm Beach, FL

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
wow, what a great interview.
Rep++

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
Great interview! Thanks for posting it, Peter. ++

This point resonated with me:
You have to persuade yourself that you absolutely don't care what happens. If you don't care, you've won. I absolutely promise you, in every serious negotiation, the man or woman who doesn't care is going to win.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Nice article!!! Speed++ :) I especially like this one:

"How does fear of failure come into it?"

"You're bound to fail sometimes. It's a 100 percent certainty. You've just got to ignore the fact that some people will laugh at you. It makes them feel better that they haven't even tried"

How many of us have come across these haters before in our ventures..the ones who SURE we are going to fail just because they dont have $#*'s to try it themselves.... :)

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Yeah i read some of his stuff about a year ago... hes the real deal, parties hard too, but stresses hard work.... so get to work.

OK, so say I'm ready. I have a great idea. Now what?

I think having a great idea is vastly overrated. I know it sounds kind of crazy and counterintuitive. I don't think it matters what the idea is almost. You need great execution. A lot of people say they've got this great idea, and "if only I had the capital" they'd go out and do it. Usually this is a fantasy. It's just an excuse for not confronting their fear of failing.

But a great idea can't hurt, can it?

As long as you do not become more interested in proving to others that your idea was right. I made this mistake with Blender, which in its original form was a magazine on CD-ROM. It wouldn't sell, but I became seduced by the technology -- Instead of listening to what the numbers were telling me and what wiser heads in business were telling me. I was just so in love with the idea -- and proving that I'd been right to back it — that I kept pouring good money after bad. I wasted four, five, six million bucks.

I agree with this, so many people/companies offering stock/percentage when they shouldent be.

You advise borrowing capital from friends and family and suppliers -- anything to avoid trading a piece of the company for venture capital. Why?

I've seen so many young women, young men who use the shares in their companies as an incentive to employees and to people who are loaning them capital. They should not do that. It's a cardinal error for which you will pay and pay and pay. Getting rich all comes down to ownership. Every single percentage point counts. You don't need to start handing out shares like sweeties, because it will come back to haunt you. In the end, you're going to get your money from the sale of an asset. The less of that asset you own, the less money you will get. It is as brutal and as simple as that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Who would've thought that Peter will be dead by now.

Who would've thought that Felix will be battling cancer right now.

F*ck life :/

D

DeletedUser394

No, enjoy every second that you are lucky enough to have. Make something out of this short time span we're given. Squeeze those horrid lemons and make the best goddamn tasting lemonade you possibly can, because I'm sure there are millions of people (both deceased and alive) who would trade anything to be in your position.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You give the impression that you're willing to walk away ...

Not give the impression. Walk away. No deal is a must-do deal.

So much quotable stuff here... but I decided on that one. I need to keep that in mind as I go along with my business career.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
Read his book "How to Get Rich" a few times already... I'd say it's up there with MJ's for sure.

Love his tip on having another passion outside of business... it's so easy to get wrapped up in work, especially as an entrepreneur.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Who would've thought that Peter will be dead by now.

Who would've thought that Felix will be battling cancer right now.

Did Peter really die? I couldn't find anything to confirm that.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012