• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Feeling that stock market is about to crash

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by Scott Bradley, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Scott Bradley

Scott Bradley New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $114
    I'm thinking of pulling all my money out of my Vanguard 500 index fund and putting it into bonds (to keep my money safe from the upcoming financial collapse) Eventually, I'll pull that money out and put it into Gold and Silver.
    Smart move?

I've got the feeling something bad is going to happen beginning Monday, September 21 - and from there on a massive downward trend. I've looked at the charts from the period between 1900 to 2015, and it seems there is a dip in the market like every 4 - 7 years or so. It looks like we are at the peak of the bull market, before everything starts to collapse. And when it does collapse, I have a feeling that this is the very last time the sheeple will be able to speak their words - the economy will NOT recover - just like it hasnt in Japan

My dad(and my mom) are retired and with no debt. My dad worked as a mailman (a government employee) and my mom a GM retiree.
    My dad has amassed around $320,000 in savings with his thrift savings plan - he now has most of his money in bonds.

My mom wasn't so lucky. She puts in $50 a month into the stock market. When 2008 hit,
    her money went all the way down to $8,000, and now it's up at $36,000 as of 2015

I just hope my family is prepared.

Fukuokasan likes this.
  2. Shades

Shades Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,960
    You are watching too much Alex Jones. The blood moon is coming!!!!

3. townhaus

townhaus Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,437
    Forget about your parents and their retirement money.

They arn't going to listen to your opinion or investment advice. And you shouldn't care anyway.

Leave them to do whatever they feel is right.

Only concern yourself about your own pot, and what you are going to do to grow it.

Xeon and Emperor2020 like this.
  4. SimonP99

SimonP99 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $194

Little bit of a callous attitude to forget about his parents', their life savings and future financial security.(the people who gave him life and raised him) disregarding them to concentrate solely on his own needs. Really?

Better to start a conversation with them and jointly approach the situation together as a family and find a trusted expert to help them make the best decision.

Success is more than just having money it is about being happy and seeing your loved ones secure and happy is to quote the commercial "PRICELESS"

Xeon, TheKing, Caonex Abreu and 4 others like this.
  5. topherea

topherea Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,956
    Imo, the chances of the djia hitting 14,000ish by the end of the month are pretty good, but anything can happen as the market is event driven. If it gets to this range, what happens thereafter is what needs to be watched. But, the close at year end is the more important indication of where things may go.

There's a lot of bagholders out there talking market doom and gloom, but out where I'm at in what was considered to be one of the more depressed areas, I'm seeing help wanted signs popping up everywhere which is an obvious 'sign' of demand.

The point I'm getting at is the dow can drop to that 14k range, and even slightly lower, but still remain in an uptrend. I personally would keep my eye on what happens end of year before considering adjustments, but that's me :)

6. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,868
    Switch to bonds.

Then get back to building a fastlane business.

No need to have this taking up your time and brain power, when that can be better allocated elsewhere.

jon.M, masterneme, Nily and 7 others like this.
  7. Ezio

Ezio Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $525
    MyronGainz likes this.
  8. Almond

Almond New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $28
    Not sure about the whole market, but the tech stocks are overvalued for sure. Nasdaq is driven by bigger stocks and the spread between high and low performers is too wide for the normal economy. Outside the stock market the start up craze is also going too far, and all this looks like a dotcom bubble version 2.0. Although there are a lot of people who would tell you this time is different, I prefer to learn from past mistakes. (preferably mistakes of other people), here are more opinions about this http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/oct/04/is-dotcom-bubble-about-to-burst-again

9. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $177,722
    If/when there is a man made disaster in the United States the market will plummet.

Nily and Ubermensch like this.
  10. MattCour

MattCour Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,691
    Billionaires were made in 2008 going against the market. The question is how are YOU going to capitalize on a big downturn...

11. Brentnal

Brentnal Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $820
    Hmm intresting, i've read a comment on YT that said the stock market will crash withing 6 months and now this? Hmm

12. MyronGainz

MyronGainz Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,344
  13. MattCour

MattCour Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,691
    Let's see Paul Allen's card....

MyronGainz likes this.
  14. HyperFocus

HyperFocus Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $461
    Yes I agree with you. You can go short on a company that u think for sure will be hit and do a part in bonds and keep a part in cash for yourself and business.

I personally just bought a large amount in Euro/Usd with leverage of 5. Im expecting the dollar to drop HARD within a couple of years (or sooner).
    I also think air france-klm is going to go down within a couple of years, their management is toxic and its going to be almost impossible to get back in the game, especially because their competitors are very smart. I didnt go short tho, I only bought euro/usd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $177,722
    Date posted 9/19
    Date OP was last here 9/19

No sense in responding to the OP.

Nily, Kingmaker, The-J and 1 other person like this.
  16. wade1mil

wade1mil Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,448
    But I got to read this...

Kingmaker, Red and Vigilante like this.
  17. dbelov275

dbelov275 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $62
    You will never stop hearing about this for as long as you trade stock. But the good thing, all those are just guesses based on no actual statistics but mere assumptions. We are still waiting for the crash. This is 2017 and it's almost gone.

18. mike24601

mike24601 Consumption Bear Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,834
    I can't seem to shovel money into savings fast enough! I'm preparing for the next crash so that I will be armed and ready to invest in as many tanked blue-chips as possible. Who cares if 10% of them go bankrupt, I've already done the math on what could have been if I did this in '08. I will not miss next time. On a much smaller scale, even in fair weather I have begun seeking destitute companies with the potential for a turnaround (JC Penney, Jones Soda Co., etc). It's wildly speculative, but also can be lots of fun. Keep the pot small and make use of stop orders, then earn you some beer money :D

19. Rem

Rem Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,262
    If the masses dump then who is buying? The idea is to go against the rigged system if you want to play the game. If there is fear the markets are going to go down you best be buying when it does. Otherwise just go along with the long term plan and hope you become a millionaire by the time you enter the adult diaper stage. :)

Ubermensch and SquatchMan like this.
  20. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $336,411
    Admin Post
    Interesting this thread is nearly 2 years old and the same still applies-- market is overvalued and we have not had an full scale blowouts.

My misery portfolio went from $70k to $2.4M I think.

The Misery Portfolio

(It was 2.1M in 2014)

21. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,732
    These may help some of you who like to "look back at the trends."

(Great for your business projections as well)

[​IMG]
    (It's an old chart, so don't take the actual stocks as recommendations)

The private equity investors I provide services to say the same thing, and they're excited for a correction. But while some people are withdrawing their cash, there's everyone else who are still finding deals and raking it in by the boatloads.

22. Ubermensch

Ubermensch Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $405
    Ominous foreshadowing.

23. cutthroughstatic

cutthroughstatic I Buy Cars Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,758
    Agreed. You can't time the market. But if you want to play the market, better to have a large cash position and wait for a downturn. Markets are cyclical. If your goal is just to long-term hold, no need to worried about the inevitable downturns. If you're in it for short term gain, there are better investment vehicles.

jon.a likes this.
  24. kelvinfernandezm

kelvinfernandezm Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $1,786
    Wow this thing is old. But maybe something might happen with the markets at the end of the month. I guess we'll see how natural phenomenon affects humans. There will be a big eclipse throughout the US. It might send some people in a panick.

Did December 21 2012 have an effect on the markets?

25. vinylawesome

vinylawesome Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,342
    [​IMG]