The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feeling old at 20

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL
Hello Everyone,

First off, I would like to sincerely thank the guy that got me out of the brainfog of all the guru talk, A.K.A @MJ DeMarco. I absolutely love the book TMFL because of the direct and fact-based writing style.

Anywayz, I'm from the Netherlands, just turned 20 and found out about this amazing forum just 3 days ago. Still living with my parents, currently going to college and having no source of income whatsoever.

The way I found out about TMF was through a dating and self improvement company(RSD). I joined them to become better with women and in social situations in general. I learned every theory available about social dynamics through every information source out there. I was so driven that I began to study EVERYTHING about the topic. This is where I came across TMFL on a forum about book recommendations, and I immediatly bought the book. I first read TMF 1 year ago, and thought that I should read some more books to improve my KNOWLEDGE (looking at you Tai)

After 1 year of reading all kinds of books, I hadn't actually improved socially AT ALL.
I knew everything but I still sucked.
1 Day I made the decision to quit the mental masturbation and just take action to become better socially. I approached people left and right, and as a result of speaking to so many people, I now have a lot more social skills.

With this new insight that success is achieved through repeated action towards a goal, I wanted to improve my financial situation aswell.
This urge was catalyzed by my sister who walked in the door last week and told me that I was always reading books about financial success, but it hadn't actually gotten me anything. She was absolutely right. I was procrastinating by reading all those books.

Luckily I just came across this forum. It is packed with massive amounts of value. I read a post about a 17 year old self made millionaire. Amazing stuff. This made me realize that I am old and I have no excuse to become a millionaire myself.

Thank you once more MJ.

Shorty

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
Hey Shorty!

Welcome to the forum.

First to say, that I'm from the Netherlands too. So you're not the only dutchy out there (you probably figured that out already).

Age is just a number, and "feeling old" is just a perception. Remember that. I was feeling old (24), until I wrote my age down a while ago. 24 is still f*cking young.

I know what you've studied with RSD. I did that too, and a lot of other forum members as well. Until I realized that I was not getting any further.

Sure your sister might be right. But don't let her stick a finger in your face.

Just stay hanging around here, and your life will change. There is indeed so much value in this forum!

When are you finished with your college?

Hope to see more from you soon!

My best,

Marek

Shortypants

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
May 15, 2017
NL
First of all thanks for the response Marek, it means a lot to me!

I never knew a lot of people on here studied RSD haha. I like it.

I'm in my first year of college studying Human Resource Management. I need 3 more years to finish this study so I have a long way to go.
This study suits me because I love to work with people, but I also wanted to combine this in business. (hence the reason why I didn't choose for psychology since it didn't give many opportunities for a slowlane job).

I'd love to see more from you in the future!

Good luck on your journey,

Shorty

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hello Everyone,

First off, I would like to sincerely thank the guy that got me out of the brainfog of all the guru talk, A.K.A @MJ DeMarco. I absolutely love the book TMFL because of the direct and fact-based writing style.

Anywayz, I'm from the Netherlands, just turned 20 and found out about this amazing forum just 3 days ago. Still living with my parents, currently going to college and having no source of income whatsoever.

The way I found out about TMF was through a dating and self improvement company(RSD). I joined them to become better with women and in social situations in general. I learned every theory available about social dynamics through every information source out there. I was so driven that I began to study EVERYTHING about the topic. This is where I came across TMFL on a forum about book recommendations, and I immediatly bought the book. I first read TMF 1 year ago, and thought that I should read some more books to improve my KNOWLEDGE (looking at you Tai)

After 1 year of reading all kinds of books, I hadn't actually improved socially AT ALL.
I knew everything but I still sucked.
1 Day I made the decision to quit the mental masturbation and just take action to become better socially. I approached people left and right, and as a result of speaking to so many people, I now have a lot more social skills.

With this new insight that success is achieved through repeated action towards a goal, I wanted to improve my financial situation aswell.

This urge was catalyzed by my sister who walked in the door last week and told me that I was always reading books about financial success, but it hadn't actually gotten me anything. She was absolutely right. I was procrastinating by reading all those books.

Luckily I just came across this forum. It is packed with massive amounts of value. I read a post about a 17 year old self made millionaire. Amazing stuff. This made me realize that I am old and I have no excuse to become a millionaire myself.

Thank you once more MJ.

Shorty
Nice to meet you, I'm an American living in the Netherlands. Nice to see you. Hope you do well in the Fastlane! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Hey fellow Dutchie! Just PM me if you ever want some advice in Dutch lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.