The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback on Direct Mail Piece?

Marketing, social media, advertising

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Hey guys. I'm doing a direct mail campaign (Yeah, it can still work!) and I was wondering if I could get some feedback. We're all business owners so if you're not a copywriter, you can just straight up let me know how it makes you feel. If you are a copywriter, I'd love feedback on that end!

I'll try to provide some value in this post in exchange for feedback ;).

I'm going to be including this sales letter and the mentioned checklist. I'll be printing labels but
hand-stamping as opposed to pre-paid postage to help increase open rates.

The first thing you should see on the letter is italics. You read that and it immediately talks about "you", which makes them curious. Then they read the opening paragraph, get intrigued and skim the rest (Being realistic, here).

My aim is to connect with the business owners, make them think of that feeling they get -- they could be doing more -- and then they read the checklist. When they see the checklist, they say "Oh sh--..........I do need to be doing more....." and then give me a call, email, text, whatever.

I'm also going to be including 2 business cards in each letter.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope my strategy gives you some ideas and I hope my copy and help inspire yours and give you some new strategies in writing!

P.S. I've attached the files as word docs, but if it's easier, I took screenshots too. Thanks for the feedback :)

P.S.S. The P.S. almost always gets read, so if you're doing an email or direct mailer, make sure you use it wisely!

https://i.gyazo.com/4ce34609fad7479248744d32bd40b424.png - The sales letter
https://i.gyazo.com/dbb0565e18a03075e8c6383b097e53b5.png -The checklits

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• ArmageddonMarketingDirectLetter.docx
    455.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DirectMailChecklist.docx
    869.8 KB · Views: 2

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I built my whole business on flyers back in the day. Name of the company as the heading.... 1st failure. Could I read the entire front page within 20 seconds? No. 2nd failure. Split paragraph 3rd failure. No head shot of YOU anywhere on there. 4th failure.

You need to catch their attention with a headline like no one has ever before had. I have a secret for that. If you want to know, send me a message. If by chance they are reading your piece on the way to the trash can you need to make it quick.... 20 seconds. With so many pieces in the mail I don't personally read any of them any more. A nice picture of YOU = trust.

What is it about your piece that was suppose to get me so excited that I send you a text right now? What am I getting for FREE?? We live in a give-me world... you gotta GIVE ME SOMETHING!

I'm no copywriter but I've had a few million flyers put on people's doors so I know what works.

Other than that, it was great! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.