The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fed up with being held up, getting back to my roots

DifficultTruth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Nov 22, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am a 21 year old (in fact today is my 21st birthday) entrepreneur. I have been an entrepreneur before I knew what it was. I remember being 12 years old, and I learned how to use many of the free forum sites that would allow you one click installs and admin panels, they provided hosting, etc all included and you could control most of it through the forum admin panel. I would sell these websites to small MLG teams in the Call of Duty 4/5/6 era. To me it was simple, I have always had a knack for technology and it was so simple in a few clicks I could make 20-50 dollars. It was a simple equation, I would play online and just chat people up in public lobbies, everyone always wanted to go "pro," I told them I could build their forum and bam, set it up, show them it, they paypal me the money and I would give them an administrative account.

I didn't really understand what I was doing, it was just a simple transaction. As I grew older I always admired business owners, and always felt unconnected to the "regular" or slowlane path. I did okay in highschool but wasn't really interested, I started college my sophomore year of highschool at a local community college as it offered free tuition since my mother is a teacher. I was getting better grades in college than I was in highschool, and it simply because I actually WANTED to learn what I was learning as I took Information/Cyber Security. I did well in college, was able to get jobs in the field, graduated with a solid GPA, did everything "right." I just recently interviewed and promoted not long after graduating at the same place I work out. I keep hearing how "lucky" I am to be making the kind of money I am at my age, and to have a "good" government job with pension and "all." People even point out I am a higher level tech then people who work under me in their 40s and even 60s. I am the only person under 35 that works in my department, and I started here at 19. I have never understood the claim of "lucky," it takes away from the hard work people do to achieve their accomplishments. I feel held back in my job roles, and they often I could achieve so much more. Crappy managers, unmotivated co-workers, it all just made me feel miserable and held back.

I have read plenty of books: think and grow rich, how to win friends and influence people, rich dad poor dad, plenty of tony robbins, various auto biographies like shoe dog, etc. They all helped change how I think about the world, but nothing as compared to The Millionaire Fastlane . The Millionaire Fastlane was different, it was the no excuses approach, MJ doesn't sugar coat the world, and that speaks to me. He solidified many of my viewpoints that I knew myself to be true, but everyone around me would say are wrong. Good thing I don't want to be like those people! I have plenty of INEs that can be fastlane, and I was able to scrap plenty more that simply had no chance of being fastlane, allowing me to never waste time on them.

Very excited to be here, and will be reading the book multiple times, something I have learned from the past, is you need to read something more than once to immerse yourself in it, you should be able to teach to someone in conversation if you truly understand it. The slowlane fastlane metaphor I use to remind myself anytime I am slipping into slowlane mindset is simple: I hate driving slow and hate being in traffic(who doesn't?) to me the slowlane is literally just that, sitting in traffic on the interstate, or being stuck behind multiple cars going 20 in a 65 but no one can get around them. Then I imagine right next to it, a completely separate interstate with no traffic, and a supercar flying right by! I choose the fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...