The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear & Procrastination

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Have you procrastinated something important?

• Total voters

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
5_compressed.jpg

We have all held a fear in our self, whether it is a business decision, fear of public speaking, fear of failure or fearing looking like a fool.

Typically a cause of this fear is the unknown, my first order I placed from an overseas factory weeks ago put lots of doubt & fear into my mind.

What if I get scammed?
What if I receive nothing in the mail?
What if my money I saved to buy this order disappears and I never see it again?

All the time spent in my job to invest in a product would be GONE!

An important exercise to implement is looking at the alternative. What if I DONT place this order?

I will still be stuck at my job (no extra income)
I will still make the same amount of money
I will still NOT have a business.

As you can see the language changed from '' What if ' to '' I will '' in a negative manner.

This can be used in several different situations, for example going up on stage if you have a fear of speaking.

What is the worst that happens? Awkward silences? Boo'd off stage? At least you'll have a hilarious story to tell about how you totally froze up and crapped your pants in front of hundreds of people.

Something that I have been dealing with myself is procrastination, and I've found the cause to be rooted in fear & anxiety of failure after lots of deep thinking, aswell as the vast amount of work ahead of me to progress my life (which kinda sucks but is the process to the event)

Are you dealing with fear and procrastination in YOUR life? What are some of the things that you are putting off? Look into your thoughts deeper, and possibly you can see is it just a bunch of BS you are most likely telling yourself.

thebiggestrisk.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• thebiggestrisk.jpg
    thebiggestrisk.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 6

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
I'm not one to talk but recently I've done alot better than usual in not procrastinating and it's because I stopped trying to force things.

Instead I took a long term approach of building good habits and making it easier to do whatever it is I need to do.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
People usually overestimate what they can achieve in one year and underestimate what is possible in ten years - Tony Robbins

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken. - Warren Buffett

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gutski

我很快乐!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 9, 2018
Switzerland, Thun
Instead I took a long term approach of building good habits and making it easier to do whatever it is I need to do.

People usually overestimate what they can achieve in one year and underestimate what is possible in ten years - Tony Robbins

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

MiloszR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 13, 2017
Berlin
Well put. We are all facing some kind of fear. Some hide it better, some worse. But we usually all realize that, the worst part is to act on it though, to start to fight it. Just knowing it makes no difference, I may go through all my life with the fear of public speeches for example and never do anything about it, dying with it. Finding the courage is the key.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.