• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Fear and Action-Faking in Entrepreneurship-- a 19 year old's guide to askholing.

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by GuestUser091, May 3, 2017.

1. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,409
    That is too bad in some ways as this is exactly where he needed to be for advice and accountability.

Hopefully he matures and proves us all wrong.

2. Shortypants

Shortypants Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $353
    Legend says he's still making chilli to this day.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

3. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $19,104
    Luffy.

IceCreamKid likes this.
  4. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $65,209
  5. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,441
    As per the precedent of this train derailment of a thread I will respond in meme form.

[​IMG]
    Oh.. no.. so sad...

6. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $19,038
    cant believe this sh*t hole of a thread kept going.

Legend has it that @lordphenny is still making $8/day.

Sagemoney, ZF Lee, Striver and 15 others like this.
  7. Theross

Theross New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $78
    I feel like I deserve a badge for reading this whole thread. Ok, not really. #BackToTheAction

8. Aaron T

Aaron T Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,535
    OK, I just read this whole thread.

Wow.. just wow. I am not proud of a majority of decisions I have made in my life, and I know they are all online and what not. Success and failures, but at least nothing related to rallies and drug use. Ouch!

This is the the best read I have had all day prior to Irma hitting. I mean the motivation here. The accountability on all the wrong things. Fine people of this forum. Please if I ever do what Lord Phenny does, please call me out! I beg you to help!

That said I think this is the perfect example of all the wrong things and outside of continuing the public display of a poor lost soul, this should provide so much motivation for anyone that is legit trying to do something.

Also, pretty happy to see @Spicymemer45 success and working it like someone who wants it! Good job man!! You kept it a lot nicer than I think I would have after being called out by that guy.

9. sparechange

sparechange Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,549
    perfect example how drugs & alcohol ***** up ur mind

ZF Lee, Paolo Rizzo and Aaron T like this.
  10. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,687
    Anyone else a bit sad about this? I actually thought he was slowly getting somewhere but he did a total 180 and turned into a right dick again.

It's a shame, he would have benefited so much from staying on this forum.

ZF Lee, cy-, Kingmaker and 2 others like this.
  11. Readerly

Readerly Yes and Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $753
    This reminds me of that classic Cheech & Chong skit from Rhino Hi-Five (1978):

12. Mr.Brandtastic

Mr.Brandtastic Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,689
    Wow, this thread has been absolutely phenomenal. I'm so glad I took the time to read it.

I haven't laughed this hard in ages.

I only do drugs (blank times) per month/year: Always a lie. Just like saying when people say they can quit anytime they want. He's lying, he probably does it every day along with a litany of other drugs.

But interesting other little quirks, one is the consistent reading 10-20-30-40% percent of books or skimming them. This is almost a classic action-faker sign. Not being able to pick up a book and read it start to finish. Telling people goofy percentages or "I skimmed this or that part" is silly. My uncle does the same thing with his book collection and he's a huge action-faker. Maybe it's a sign.

And worst for last, waking up in the afternoon. Jesus Christ, 4 p.m.?! I've never slept that late in my entire life. I would feel horribly embarrassed and angry if I ever did. But again these types of hours are typical for, you guessed it, drug addicted losers.

I want him to succeed but he must change his ways. His inconsistent behavior is the cornerstone of the sidewalk.

ZF Lee, smark, CreatingValue and 3 others like this.
  13. LeoistheSun

LeoistheSun Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,582
    I just got here.

Should I read it? :wideyed:

Spicymemer45 likes this.
  14. Spicymemer45

Spicymemer45 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $417
    If you want an extensive list of how to NOT act.

yes.

ZF Lee, CreatingValue and LeoistheSun like this.
  15. LeoistheSun

LeoistheSun Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,582
    Then I shall. Sometimes we all need a refresher.

So I did: Besides learning how not to act, I need to change my profile name... :rofl:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Sheps and Spicymemer45 like this.
  16. Striver

Striver Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $519
    My parents did it, putting in 14 hours EVERY DAY.

And it certainly had consequences! They retired VERY early...

ZF Lee, Arun Siva and CreatingValue like this.
  17. Striver

Rep Bank:
    $519
    Unfortunately, I'm not ONLY 19 years old and stumbling across this forum. :(

18. College Dropout

College Dropout Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $153
    Since this thread is pretty much done, I thought I might take it in another direction. Take the drugs and weird sleep schedule out of the equation and I'm honestly in a similar boat in terms of action-faking. I'm 19, I dropped out of college for the semester (and probably the foreseeable future), and I'm living with my parents for the next few months. I scored a 31 on my ACT and graduated with a decent GPA from a nice private school, funded by my eye surgeon father's impressive income. I was attending a private college on a fairly substantial academic scholarship in a beautiful state and met lots of great people while there. But, my issues caught up with me and I wound up back at home after only a few months. For the past few weeks, I have been sitting around the house all day trying to figure out how to succeed as an entrepreneur, or at least get to a position where I can fail and learn. I envision an unscripted life where I am free to live as I please and pursue my dreams. This is not a new aspiration and this is not my first time pursuing entrepreneurship but I am now in a position where I am able to pursue it full time, without distraction. However, I end up caught in a cycle of analysis paralysis coupled with action-faking, a poor work ethic, and pleasure seeking. I read and re-read MJ's books and browse this forum daily but I never get anything done. Growing up, I had my fare share of issues, which I attempted to hide from using the virtual reality and entertainment hyper-realities mentioned in Unscripted. In essence, I kept to myself, watched tons of television, and played video games for hours on end day in and day out. I had no friends, my parents divorced, and I was taking multiple medications for anxiety, etc. Middle school through graduation was basically one big blur of disassociation and excessive screen time. Please excuse my life story. What I am getting at is that for 19 years, I have never had to do anything but sit around feeling f**ked up in the head while spoon-feeding myself instant gratification in the form of media. But, now I have all of a sudden I am able to see something better, a life where instead of sitting around in my underwear surfing the internet, I can wake up in the morning and feel a sense of accomplishment and purpose. The issue? Old habits are hard to break, especially when you don't know anything different. This morning I told myself I was going to re-read Unscripted from start to finish today. I am fifty pages in and it's about to be midnight. How do I progress from an action faker and frankly, a good for nothing loser, to someone who actually deserves the gratification and purpose associated with unscripted entrepreneurship? My back is against the wall. My worst enemy is in my behavior. It needs to change if I am ever going to be worth anything. But how? If this post sounds self, centered, it's because it is. I'm in the middle of the ocean and I haven't got the faintest clue how to swim.

UnrealCreative, MJ DeMarco and smark like this.
  19. smark

smark Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $573
    I'm not sure as to whether dropping out of college was necessarily a good idea, as from what I understand you have yet to achieve financial independence. However, that is your life and I'm not here to tell you how to live it.

With that being said, the best thing for you to do right now since you're "in the middle of the ocean" as you say, is to swim while trying not to drown. Just start SOMETHING. That can be affiliate marketing, eCommerce, or whatever. Just do anything you can to get good at that (and hopefully make money out of it) while learning as much in the process. Doing this will teach you more than all the books you could ever read.

Good luck.

College Dropout likes this.
  20. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $325,251
    Admin Post
    Start taking and winning value challenges. Little wins are OK. If you read Unscripted, you know what that is.

Then find your problem/challenge and solve it. Be lead by the solution and be value-driven.

ZF Lee, Contrarian, Kingmaker and 2 others like this.
  21. College Dropout

Rep Bank:
    $153
    I will spare you and the rest of the forum the details, but I did not have much of a choice in terms of dropping out. However, I am strongly considering applying for other colleges simply because I feel that it's important to be around people my age and to avoid stagnation. Perhaps I will major in marketing, as this seems to be the most relevant major I can think of to what I would like to do. It's also an extremely interesting area of study in my opinion. I would be going on my father's dime due to an agreement that occurred while my parents where divorcing, so it would cost me next to nothing. Ideally, I would find a state-school with a decent social scene and relatively easy academics so that I could focus on my entrepreneurial endeavors and hopefully meet others who are trying to do the same.

In other news, I have decided to give up all of my pleasure-seeking vices (netflix, youtube, going out to movies, mid-day napping, staying up all night etc.) and take a more disciplined approach towards daily life. Instead of drowning out my life's problems, I'm going to face them and improve. Sinking back into these vices feels like poisoning my soul at this point, and it has for a while. My life, from now on, consists of sleep, food, gym time, and action. If this is the wrong approach, please tell me! I must admit, it feels fantastic though, not in a pleasure-seeking way but in more of a tough gym session kind of way.

I am very much interested in pursuing eCommerce and I have been reading up on it and trying for well over a year now. I suppose I could use some guidance. I guess that's what gold threads are for huh? I would like to find some sort of physical product I can improve, have it manufactured, and sell it through a Shopify store and/or various other channels (amazon, ebay, etc.) I just don't really know where to start. I'm stuck at the idea stage. My problem thus far, aside from a lack of knowledge and experience, has been in the fact that I have no real set process or plan to follow paired with my lack of focus/ discipline. Chapter 39 of Unscripted on "Kinetic Execution" is certainly a fantastic start but I am still getting lost in some of the more eCommerce specific variables that I am unfamiliar with such as picking a winning product and coming up with a digital marketing plan. I need to find a set process so that I will no longer be trapped in a state of analysis paralysis and then I need to get to work while sticking to this process.

Thank you to all who are reading and responding to this! I have a feeling that in the near future I might just be worth the clothes on my back.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    smark likes this.
  22. College Dropout

Rep Bank:
    $153
    Thanks MJ! Will do! Thank god I found this forum.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  23. Striver

Rep Bank:
    $519
    Quit making me want to read ANOTHER book! lol

College Dropout likes this.
  24. Dan1el

Dan1el Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $657
    This thread is a clear example on why I love this forum. A complete troll shows up posting stuff that would turn 90% of the places on internet into a total shithole. But not here. Instead TONS of value gets provided and it turns out to be an amazing thread that could change the course of life to any action faking entrepreneur out there.

Hell even im fired up after reading this haha. This thread is a good slap in the face to anyone playing business!

MJ DeMarco, ZF Lee, 4symmetry and 5 others like this.
  25. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,711
    I hope not!

Bump.

Striver likes this.