The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Traveling the World + Coding Websites... 12 countries in 12 months

Marketing, social media, advertising

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Update:
I am going all in on traveling, web design and exploring some more of the world while I am still young. I will be documenting my journey (quite literally) from traveling to one new country a month to also growing the company to $30,000+ a month.

I already have the other thread but thread will have a lot of video content on sales, design and other areas that are easier (and hopefully more fun) to explain through video.

I will also document each city and country from the perspective of an online entrepreneur since that would probably interest people on here. If you have any questions or feedback just let me know...

As a quick intro here is my first video from a (hopefully) closed sale this morning...
***this closed a few days later***

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for this, clearly shows how an "add value" approach works.

Question before someone invariably asks ... how did you secure the lead? The point where he was expecting your call? And wasn't like "Who is this? No, not interested!"

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks for this, clearly shows how an "add value" approach works.

Question before someone invariably asks ... how did you secure the lead? The point where he was expecting your call? And wasn't like "Who is this? No, not interested!"

I got a few solid sales guys, they do the ground work. 30% commission so he will make around $900 for the lead.

They don't have to solve/sell - just find people who have a need. Thats all I need.

For lurkers on here - get some basic sales skills, connect with a web designer and you could be making $900 that easy.
Plus building highly transferable sales skills for life.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I would like to see a video of you designing a website from scratch. (I wouldn't want you giving away your secrets, but it would be amazing to see!) @Fox

I don't have a problem getting clients, but I am lacking in the skill and inspiration part of designing a website.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I would like to see a video of you designing a website from scratch. (I wouldn't want you giving away your secrets, but it would be amazing to see!) @Fox

I don't have a problem getting clients, but I am lacking in the skill and inspiration part of designing a website.

I will be posting up a lot over time and this will definitely be one of the topics. Thanks

Ultra Magnus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Oct 9, 2015
This is a very good idea for a series, color me interested!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thank you for the video. I'm not in web design but I struggle with sales. I read and hear lots of theory but it's fun to see it in action.

It's not as "sexy" as many might think. To me good sales sounds normal and relaxed. Espically as it gets bigger. These guys are smart and know what is going to help their business - keep it real and authentic.

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
Thank you for the video. I'm not in web design but I struggle with sales. I read and hear lots of theory but it's fun to see it in action.
Like many other things, I'm pretty sure everyone struggles with sales in the beginning. It requires action for improvement.

startinup

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jul 8, 2016
On the same team...

I found seeing the process of converting a warm lead very useful. Very calm and casual conversation. Slowly showing them you care about their needs, building trust and that you're on the same team.

That is the most important thing I noticed. You clearly put effort into making sure he understood that both your goals are aligned and that you want to create a great result for both of you.

It was also really useful when you explained the meaning behind what he was saying and the reasoning behind what you responded with.

Thanks for the awesome video Fox!

GoranS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Looking forward to your videos. Thanks for all the information you give away for free Fox. Lots of valuable stuff in your threads. :)

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Thanks for starting this thread. Will stay tuned.

I know this thread is specific to a web design company, but do you sell/offer marketing services to these clients too? I ask because web design is such an easy cross-sell for web marketing that by not offering that service you'd really be shooting yourself in the foot. The beauty in marketing vs web design is that web design is typically a 1 time sale whereas marketing is monthly recurring revenue.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Just watched the video. Best 22 minutes I've spent today, excluding cuddle time with my youngest of course.
Thanks @Fox for doing this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.