The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane through habits

Anything related to matters of the mind

Byakko

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Apr 20, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
I am one of those persons that believes in "We are what we repeatedly do. Greatness then, is not an act, but a habit". Therefore when I want to achieve a goal I try to build a set of habits that will get me there.

I have been doing this since I was 12 years old. And I have been able to consistently achieve good results with this approach independently of what I did. I could be sports or studies, as soon as I had my set of habits defined it was only a matter of time until I got where I wanted to be.

Currently my next big goal in life is to be a Fastlaner. Thus what I'm trying to do now is to form a set of habits that will help me get there. I'll give you some examples of such habits:
  • Always being aware of potential unmet needs.
  • Read, at least 1 hour, every day about entrepreneurship.
  • Every day do something that will get me one step closer to start/improve my business. Just to elaborate on this one. Let's say you want to start selling websites to get some money going, so that you can then invest on your business or so that you can quit you current job and have more time for your business. You will then every day find a potential client and talk to him, or you will sharpen your skills in web development so you can provide more value with your service.
so my question for all of you members of this amazing forum, is what habits do you think you have developed that helped you get into the Fastlane? Or if you are not currently in the Fastlane what habits do you think will get you there?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Always trust yourself. Don't listen to the doubters.

Fly, be free...

Strider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 10, 2016
South Europe
I'll follow this thread because it's exactly what I've been trying to do. Not a fastlane by far, trying to combine getting good grades and also becoming a fastlaner, so my habits are just some I think will help me (and you hopefully), these are more organization wise:

-> Plan the week: Have the 7 days ahead in a whiteboard or sheet of paper and know what you want to get done. Have your goals and separate them into smaller daily goals. If you run out of those, get more. Also keep a "status" to know what you need to focus on. In my example: I'm going to get each subject on a color (red-yellow-green) to know what amount of work is needed and if there's something I should focus on). Same for side projects.
-> Have 3 important things to get done in the day and do them asap. Keep a tracking list made the day before. If something comes hope add to the "remember" section and keep doing what you were supposed to do, don't get distracted. Maybe add a "5 min stuff" for things that take 5min or less and you can do in the breaks you get from the important stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.