The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Success from repurposed marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I'm suffering from terrible poison ivy rash I got over a week ago and it keeps spreading. I've tried every ointment, prescription, and even got a steroid shot at the Doctor and nothing has helped.

Finally, I googled "miracle poison ivy relief" and stumbled across this product "Zanfel Poison Ivy Wash", praised as the most effective thing that exist.

A 1 oz tube was $32 on Amazon, but I didn't care because I would pay anything to make this misery go away. It had almost 450 reviews with an average of 4.5 stars - then I read the first review, which said -

"Zanfel works. But you don't need to spend $40 for a 1oz tube. For the love of god, the EXACT same stuff is in Mean Green Hand Scrub and it'll cost you $20 for 60oz. Yes, you read that right. The guy who "invented" Zanfel used to work at the company that makes Mean Green. He simply realized that it worked on skin rashes like poison ivy and started his own company and now sells the EXACT same stuff for a huge markup to drugstores. I certainly don't begrudge him for his marketing savvy, but you don't have to pay through the nose for something that works. Mean Green (and Zanfel) are simply really good exfoliating soaps. They work on a simple principle: remove the oils that are generating the rash. Mean Green is just sold to car mechanics and other industrial workplaces that need a cleanser for greases and oils. The genius of Zanfel is that it's marketed to drugstores for a totally different use."

I happened to already have some Mean Green, and it ABSOLUTELY is a miracle cure for poison ivy!

With 450 reviews, you can be sure this guy sells A TON of this product, over 100x more expensive than the exact same thing in a different package - even though the top review tells you how to get it cheaper!!

That's the power of marketing to solve a specific pain.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
Just from a "poison ivy sufferer" standpoint, this is a great post. But the part about marketing to solve a specific pain is pretty great, too.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Poison Ivy is really just an oil that gets on your skin. In fact, it's not the oil that causes the rash, but the oil getting beneath the surface of your skin through an abrasion, cut, scratch, etc. or just through prolonged exposure and allowing it to absorb into the skin. The oil is super sticky and people might wash their hands after being out in the woods and still not get it off. It takes a lot of scrubbing and a lot more scrubbing to get it completely off. I'm pretty sure any soap will work as long as it can break down the oil and you scrub really well.

Watch this video:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.