• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Meetup Fastlane Fantasy Football (2017-18!)

Discussion in 'Networking, Socializing, Meet-Ups' started by MJ DeMarco, Jul 28, 2017.

1. BrooklynHustle

BrooklynHustle Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,494
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

KC Dash likes this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $239,737
    Admin Post
    Glad it's over.

However just a reminder for anyone not in the playoffs, there is a prize for the consolation bracket.

Some winners thus far:

Season Trophy: Regular Season Winner: Hakuna Makata (@Dylan in Africa)
    Kiss Your Sister Trophy: Consolation Bracket Winner: TBD
    Manager's Trophy: Highest Points Scored (Reg Season): Hakuna Makata
    Unlucky Trophy: Most Points Scored Against (Reg Season): @KC Dash

3. Veloce Grey

Veloce Grey Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,764
    Thanks for you admin efforts MJ.

I'm delighted to have arrived at the playoffs with my team so well rested and healthy.

4. Richie Rich

Richie Rich Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $281
    I wanted to finish 6th so I would be in the bottom half of the bracket, which to me, is the easier road to the championship. I knew MJ had a slight shot at making the playoffs, if he had beaten 4th Quarter and I lost. I still can't believe I made it, considering how much of a nosedive I took in the latter part of the regular season. Sorry you didn't get the first round bye, I was pulling for you to beat me so I could finish sixth. But when Mixon got his bell rung/knocked out of the game and AB was getting most of the targets, I figured it was over and it was. Good Luck Veloce Grey and who knows? We might end facing each other in the finals again, shades of 2015. But I'm going to need a lot of help, against 4th Quarter, who has been on a hot streak, and if I get lucky to get past him, then I run into the juggernaut that is Hakuna Matata, who, if his team does have any weaknesses, I can't find them. Any Given Sunday. But congratulations on making the playoffs and a solid season so far.

5. Veloce Grey

Veloce Grey Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,764
    I did wonder what you were up to benching Green. Sadly for my team the injury issues continued with Mixon and Juju decided he wanted some time on the sideline with Zeke.

But I think the two strongest squads finished 1-2 and deserve their byes.

By the way our finals matchup was 2014, 2015 was the year MJ came stomping through with his giant waiver steamroller after sitting near last for half the season. And 2016 was the year you won after bundling me out in the semis by 100 points or something :rofl:

Richie Rich likes this.
  6. Richie Rich

Richie Rich Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $281
    You are correct. My fault on quoting the wrong year. 2015 was my worst year, as I finished 11th. Yikes. 2015 was the year of MJ, as he had to win three straight to take the title and he was wheeling and dealing, finding the gems and the diamonds in the rough on the waiver wire. 2014 was the year we met in the championship; I've made up a new song to remember that game: "O Tannehill, O Tannehill, why didn't I start you?" :(. I can't believe this will be the fourth year that Fantasy Fastlane has been running. Time flies. Wow.

I feel your pain with the injury bug/fantasy reaper, as it has been making up for lost time from last year. But I noticed you made some nice pickups off the waiver and you've still got the best player in fantasy, in Kamara. That dude is scary. I've had to do that as well: lose a player to injury, go waiver shopping and plug and play. I always keep Jimmy V's saying in mind: Survive and Advance.

I also wanted to congratulate everyone who made the playoffs and thank everyone for a great, albeit injury riddled, season so far. This is the best time of the year, as the excitement is building. It's like being a kid on Christmas Eve and you're wanting it to be Christmas Day, so you can open your presents.

Veloce Grey likes this.
  7. Dylan in Africa

Dylan in Africa Fantasy Football Wizard. Success Addict. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $452
    Congrats to @baemes and @Likwid24 on their playoff wins. Nice seeing players like Hopkins, Collins, Duke, Gurley, and Rudolph perform well for you guys when it mattered most.

Fun fact: All 3 teams that completed trades with Hakuna Matata will be playing in the semifinals. Win-win deals. Keep that in mind next season... ;):cool:

8. Veloce Grey

Rep Bank:
    $2,764
    This is about the only week where giving in to your many Kamara-related offers may actually have paid off. Though I think the “star” of the deal you offered over and over was Stafford and I’ve had enough injured QBs for one season.

However getting soundly beaten is always somewhat easier than a narrow loss where you wonder about who you could have started instead...

9. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $239,737
    Admin Post
    The roster you fielded for your first game in the playoffs looks atrocious, like a 2-11 team, it's so bad that I can look at my roster and feel not so bad. Much like football itself, much of everything is timing, injuries, etc.

10. ZCP

ZCP Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,699
    Will try to go ahead and deliver the kill shot for your 2017 season @MJ DeMarco
    Was actually hoping the kill shot was for my team. Been a long season in all my leagues.

11. Veloce Grey

Rep Bank:
    $2,764
    Indeed, my options were fairly limited by then.

Taking Elliott at 3 over Brown worked out roughly as bad as it could-I was expecting a worst case scenario of losing him for the first 6 weeks, not the weeks leading into the playoffs and including 14/15. Brown has been Brown of course.

Dalvin Cook in the 2nd was scoring consistently then tore his ACL. Amari Cooper in the 3rd was a bust, especially taken a pick ahead of Hopkins and Kareem Hunt. He even managed to be an injured bust this week. 3rd round was meant to be an RB, Hunt or backup option of Crowell, but that ESPN report on Hunt sharing carries on draft morning made me go for the "safety" of Cooper. So often "safety" is a false illusion that simply means limiting your upside. Joe Mixon in the 4th came on slower than expected but was going ok then got injured.

The WR strategy I planned of middle/late round guys like Parker, Coleman, Crowder and Thielen didn't work because I got all of the duds and didn't get Thielen. Juju was a nice pickup until he managed to get suspended for a playoff week where his QB throws for 500 yards.

The QB strategy was ok until Newton started off so slowly I had to drop him. Too harsh a drop perhaps but he really looked terrible and seemed to be playing injured at the time. It was fine since I picked up Deshaun Watson for free and had some good weeks until his ACL went too. Since then I'd been scrambling at the position.

RB strategy mostly worked, got Kamara at pick 123 and that worked out until this week. Also had Chris Carson going nicely until he got injured. I drafted Burkhead in round 10 then dropped him when it seemed they were going to ride Gillislee instead, but he could have had a big season without that and some injury issues.

TE was fine with Ertz probably being the best value at the position until he got injured.

DEF you outbid me after week 1 with Jags, but we both stuffed that up as I bid too low and you didn't hold them....

By this week I simply lacked the firepower to rack up a big score. Bernard did ok, Anderson or Burton were the logical TE options and went the wrong way, Goodwin and Wallace only viable WR options I could field and at QB it was either start low upside Dalton or swing for the fences with Garappolo/Goodwin combo.

So plenty of wrong decisions there and I can analyse them for ages just like bad betting decisions, but like I said when your opponent scores 171 points how often are you going to beat them anyway? Credit to him for building the team he fielded via drafting Wentz, trading for Gurley, paying $8 for Jamaal Williams etc.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 6:50 PM
    MJ DeMarco likes this.
  12. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $239,737
    Admin Post
    Damn, I just checked and i'm still alive in the consolation bracket. Didn't even watch Monday's game to see if I could stake a comeback, but I guess I did.

Be over already!

baemes likes this.
  13. Veloce Grey

Rep Bank:
    $2,764
    I'm still playing hard for 5th place since that would at least match my worst finish in the league when you knocked me out in 2015.

I'll keep Elliott on the bench despite the fact he now has no value to my team, as obviously releasing him now would effectively be gifting him to the one semi finalist with any waiver budget left.

14. ZCP

ZCP Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,699
    Hallelujah. I lost and you have to continue!

MJ DeMarco likes this.