The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Beginnings

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018
Found this forum through the millionaire fastlane . I just finished reading the book and it has completely changed the way I look at everything.

I am a software engineer working in a fortune 100 company. I make good money but have to work long hours in the process. My default path had always been to have a job until I was around 40-45, invest all my savings and then retire "early". Recently, I've been unhappy with my progress and was about to start looking for a higher paying job either in finance or a startup (which would entail even longer hours). I always thought that was just the norm (working long hours in return for a paycheck and a weekend).. until I read this book.

One week into the book, I was already waking up at 6 am everyday in order to work on my business, by week 2 I had planned my entire fastlane product and started listening to entrepreneurial podcasts everyday, week 3 I began implementing it full steam. My plan now is to work my butt of for a year building this product, then quit my job and go all out into it. Based on the empowerment and satisfaction I've already felt working on my own product everyday, I don't think I'll even last a few months in this (or any) job now !

It never crossed my mind that being an entrepreneur was a path I could take or one I would enjoy this much, I was always just scared / making excuses and assumed starting a business would never work and I should just get a job because that's what everyone else is doing. By the end of the book I just couldn't think of why I would want to do anything else. If I had read this book when I was 21, I would already be a millionaire by now. I am 26 now and just glad I found it before wasting another 20+ years of my life in some pointless job! This book was truly the red pill.

Thank you for the great book MJ! I don't think I've ever read a book which has changed my perspective and motivated me this much. On to reading UNSCRIPTED now.. The journey has only just begun :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow hustle! Thanks for the intro, hope to read more about your progress! Cheers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...