The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane actions-steps already being taken

nidrah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2017
Perth, Australia
Hi guys, I'm a 26-year-old Swedish guy currently residing in Perth, Australia while studying a business degree full-time on campus at University. I'm a massive petrolhead and I do not want to wait until I've got gray hair before I can own my dream cars and live life like I want to.

Quick background:
  • Studied IT in high school - Hey, we got a free laptop and spent all days in school playing games. Graduated with fairly average grades, not because I'm not smart just because I had zero motivation and there was more fun things to do, play games...
  • Straight after high school, I did my 11 mandatory months in the military as a machine gunner. This was a very valuable experience in many aspects such as responsibility, and I got to know myself very well.
  • After this I worked a few stray jobs in hospitality and retail before I landed a job for the government through a friend of mine, working at the Swedish Maritime Administration where I stayed for two years
  • Moved to Australia to study a Diploma of fitness, a 12 month, on campus, full-time TAFE-course, and also on of the better Personal Trainer courses available.
  • My interest for sports science was and has always been great so I decided to continue my studies at University, planning to do a Bachelors degree in Sports science followed by a Masters in Strength & Conditioning.
  • During my second semester, I read a certain 4-hour book, which was a tipping point for me

Strangely enough, I've had this notion since high-school that a 9-5 job can't be what life is about and I've always wondered why people settle for it. I've always wanted to run my own business, be my own boss, and leave my mark in the world. But even though I've always had that in the back of my mind I've been held back because that is the norm of everyone and everything around me. The past couple of years I started seriously rethinking my future because I have no aspirations of working 40-60 hours per week in a job I don't like until I'm 65 years old and might not even have enough money to enjoy life the way I want to. I started looking up various business/finance books and naturally, I stumbled upon a certain 4-hour book. While this book hasn't been a game changer it was a tipping point for me.

When I read that book I was currently enrolled in a sports science degree, midway through my second semester, and I slowly realized a few things. The number one thing was that I didn't want to do this as a job, I enjoy the sports science a lot and my knowledge in the field is extensive, but for myself and my own use, I do not enjoy training others. Secondly, I was in a class that was absolutely massive and I started to realize that there are not many jobs per graduate in this field and for those few jobs that you can find, the pay is really average.

The 4-hour book made me realize something drastically had to change, and it took a lot of thinking and contemplating before I decided, five days before semester three started, to change my degree to a business degree instead. I know I will have great use of the skills thought from this course, and I will be able to build a strong network through opportunities given through my degree and University. Now I knew I was at least heading in a correct direction but my vision was still blurred and what I wanted to when I was done with my degree, changed week to week.

On top of my study, I'm also working as a supervisor in a busy bar, allowing my to really improve my English and my interpersonal skills, but I also kept reading interesting books on the side.

About five weeks ago, I made the decision that e-commerce and social media is where I want to go, and I started taking actions towards getting started.

I pretty much re-invented myself on the spot, I realized if I truly want to succeed, I can't spend hours per day watching tv-shows or procrastinating. I designed a morning routine and I have consistently been getting out of bed on the first sound of my alarm at 6 am every morning for five weeks. Keeping myself busy learning new skills, reading books, started my textbooks for next semester at University to be prepared when it starts etc.

About two weeks ago I got recommended The Millionaire Fastlane by a friend and judging by the title I was very skeptic at first but wow, talk about a game changer. I've got about one quarter left of the book but it won't take me long to complete.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for writing such an awesome book, I'm looking forward to the release of the next one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...