The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fast Track My Sales Journey

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Limitless4Life

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Dec 20, 2016
Record yourself. Listen back. And ask yourself, “would I want to listen to me?”

Use your judgement to adjust your pitch as needed. Ask others as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018
Agree with @Limitless4Life.

Not sure why, but a scene from Boiler Room popped into my head reading this thread. While I don't recommend the shadiness portrayed in the movie (and don't imagine you'd go that route), below is one of the scenes I thought of:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2frX1E0deb0

Are you trying to get through the call, or trying to make a sale? There's a slight difference here that, if you record your calls, you may be able to triangulate.

If it's the latter, then it's all about the learning and improving. Learning can be a numbers game that you can speed up if you can wisely learn from the feedback.

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
Enjoyed that movie very much @DragoonDB !

I gotta remember to have that killer mindset consistently.

Almost closed on Friday(which is the same as not closing, really.) The prospect was asking 'buyer questions' and said yes before backtracking. I handled all his objections but didn't get the close.

It's given me some momentum on how I should tackle each call but I'm a little down that I didn't close that guy.

He told me to call on Monday and that's what I'll do, but I don't think he'll remember when Monday comes.

A sale is made on every call.

This will be my new mantra.

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
Almost closed again... the prospect shared his details but forgot his credit card details!

When I called him back later in the day, the prospect wouldn't pick up which leads me to think he was lying( who doesn't have their credit card on them?)

It's definitely an emotional rollercoaster being a telemarketer. But I am determined to be successful, learn all I can and give all I have into this job.

It'll be the first step into becoming Fast Lane.

Btw, Merry Christmas everybody!

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
Hi guys,

I'm currently working at a call center selling life insurance to strangers on the phone.

It's a good product, and the company is well known(AIA), but I find there is a lot of resistance from the general public in my country to telemarketing.

It's a fun environment, with a lot of driven people( and hot chicks). As an introvert, I find it a great environment for me to learn social skills while making money.

I have made zero sales so far, but it's only my first month.

Would love to know how I can become better at cold calling from the veterans in this forum!

(If this is in the wrong section, I'll gladly delete this post. It's working for a boss, but it's still a hustle so that's why I put it in this section.)

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
bump post

I called 110 leads today, only got to present 5 times. Others were upfront rejection.

I want to call 200 leads tomorrow and increase my talktime.

I'm also reading Psychology of Selling, and watching a video on sales tonality video. I'm going to practice my tonality as my team leader says my voice is flat and droning.

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
Called 115 people. 200 seems impossible.

I checked out the talk time of top performers and they did not call as many people. Instead, they spend more time talking to each prospect.

Seems like common sense, but I really need to figure out how to get through upfront rejections.

I must build an aggressive mindset where I do not take a NO so easily.

I must be comfortable with taking their time and grabbing their attention.

ACTION:
- Currently reading University of Success.
- Watching Brian Tracy's videos

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
Thanks for the advice! Will do this every night.

I also have trouble of being too emotional and withdrawn. Not a good way to sell. Probably from being socially secluded trying to 'make it' by copywriting in my room for two years.

I'm including meditation to be more in control of my emotion. As for being withdrawn, I guess I just have to hang out with people more.

mirabdolbaghi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Mar 12, 2017
Malaysia
I almost closed last week.

The woman started giving me her details before changing her mind. She said she needed the money for Christmas and New Year and to call her in January.

I NEED to learn how to create urgency and have people buy straight away.

My health is taking a hit because of my habits. I like to watch Youtube videos when I get home to 'decompress', but I usually go overboard and stay up way too late. I'm sleeping 4 hours a night and this is not good.

Will limit my youtube time and use stretching as a better method to decompress. Better sleep will mean better energy during calls.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.