Read Millionaire Fastlane
- Jul 27, 2007
I subscribe to Conde Nast Portfolio, and they have this cool section of Next Month's Business News. These are some of them for this edition:
- In a sign of the spreading credit crisis, several of the nation's top hedge fund managers will disclose that they can no longer afford their trophy spouses
- Boeing will reveal that its new 787 Dreamliner has the capacity to lose more luggage than any commercial airliner in history
- Pending the success of reality show Kid nation, CBS will produce a new series in which unaccompanied children are sent to the federal detention camp at GuantÃ¡namo. The show's slogan will be "Forty kids. One detention camp. No lawyers"
- Taking the lead from CNN's collaboration with YouTube for a debate among the Democratic presidential candidates, Fox News will announce plans to broadcast in conjunction with ebay. The unique format will allow special-interest groups and lobbyists to bid on the Republican candidate of their choice.
- Bob Nardelli, who received $210 million in severance after he was forced out from Home Depot, will tell industry analysts that he hopes to have a greater success as C.E.O. of Chrysler: "With any luck, I'll walk out of here with $400 million"
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.