The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Revisited

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
Looks like FB got a little crazy with their advertising shit and revenue dropped. Whoops, time to restructure some of the advertising. There are some changes in the Facebook Advertising that went up a couple days ago, thought I would share some of this with Fastlane.

"Just finished speaking to a senior member of Facebook's Advertising department and they've filled me in with some really crazy good news.

1- All rules on ads are now laxed.

2- You are now ALLOWED to promote Ringtones, Dating, Quizzes, Freebies, Work at Home products, Surveys

Your limits can go up to $5,000 per day and $30,000 per day with a credit check. "

"I've been pretty deep in Facebook ads for the past few months and think I've learned a lot from reading this forum and talking to people. I see a lot of new affiliates in this forum lately and figure i'll help them out by putting what i've learned into one post. I know a lot of this stuff is obvious to most in this forum, but it should help some. Here it is:

Getting Ads Approved:
1. Facebook ads get approved by employees, not interns. These employees are regular people and make mistakes, so getting an ad dissaproved now doesn't mean it won't be approved an hour from now.

2. The facebook approval team works on Pacific standard time (PST). This means that you are going to get your ad approved during the hours of 8am to about 8pm. It generally takes between 1-6 hours to get an ad approved. Sometimes you will see weird hours like 4am...but not usually.

3. Read the ad guidelines (www.facebook.com/ad_guidelines.php). If you follow all of these guidelines and still cannot get an ad approved, you're probably doing something wrong. If you really think you're not doing anything wrong, contact a facebook rep. PM me if you need one. One of the easiest things to miss in the guidelines is to put the name of the product you are promoting in the ad copy, this always tends to get my ads approved.

4. If you are promoting an international product/service that redirects non-international traffic to another campaign, you are going to get your ad dissaproved (remember, facebook employees are in California). To remedy this, I usually direct link them to the offer (rather than use my affiliate link). Once the ad get approved you can switch to your affiliate link. Remember to keep a close eye on your ad approval because if it gets approved while linking directly to the offer site, you won't get credit for sales/leads.

Impressions/Clicks/CTR/CPC:

1. The first few hours of a new ad will pretty much determine the performance of your ad going forward. If Facebook sees a .01 CTR in the first 2 hours, they will simply stop giving you impressions. To help with this, remember to set your new ad live at the optimal time based on your demographic. Try to determine when the most users are online in the area you are targetting, common sense usually works with this.

2. Your CTR is one of the most important factors when determining what Facebook will set your CPC to. CTR is almost directly proportional to your CPC. Things that influence your CTR the most are your image and your ad title. Facebook states that the ad title makes more of a difference than the image but I believe the image is most important.

3. Targetting is also very important. Facebook has stated that the smaller target audience you are going for, the higher CPC's you will be paying. The logic behind this is that you have less volume to go after therefore they need to charge you more. Since targetting a smaller audience will also (most likely) raise your CTR, it is a balancing act between targetting for a higher CTR and keeping the volume large enough.

4. Structuring your ad groups is also very important. This is somewhat of a follow up to #3. You want to be able to determine who is clicking on your ads and who is converting. The only way to do this is to split up your ads into groups based on who you want to target (age ranges, male/female etc.). This means smaller volume but the ability to target better. Again, this is a balancing act.

5. Once you find 2+ ads that works well, keep pushing impressions to one until you see a drop in CTR and then switch to another one. Keep going back and forth like this and you will see a steady CTR.

Misc:

1. One thing I always like to do is use a redirect whenever possible. Instead of direct linking to your offer page or landing page, I use a redirect script. I do this because if i ever want to change where the ad goes to, I dont have to redo the ad and resubmit.

2. Your account will start with a daily limit of about $200. This can be raised after a little history and an email to your account rep. Building history to your facebook account is almost as important as building history to your adwords account.

3. DO NOT use the visa business app free $100 unless you plan on promoting a local business. This is the quickest way to get your account banned. They not only ban your advertising account, but they ban your entire Facebook account.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for taking the time to write such an informative post! ++rep.

CRBFL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 9, 2007
Are you nicky cakes?

F*ck man, I wish. I'm still trying to hit a consistent $100/day. Did you read about Jon's Aff Marketing comeback push?

"Just wanted to write a quick affiliate marketing blog post here about my comeback over the last 30 days. Between three different Acai Berry campaigns and one Free Credit Report campaign, I’ve pulled in over $660,000 in profits over from utilizing traffic sources mostly from social media.

I’m completely floored by the results, its pretty unreal. A month ago I was scrounging around for information because after taking a 2 year hiatus from the industry, a lot has changed and left me feeling very newbie’ish. Total revenue, especially from the Free Credit Report offer put me at a little over the $2.2M mark. If those damn keywords weren’t so goddamn expensive to bid on, even on the content networks, my profit would have been well over the $1M mark, but I’m definitely not going to complain, because I never thought in a million years I would comeback so strong within the first 30 days alone."

With skills, hard work, and leverage there is still a shit load of room left on the Affiliate Marketing Fastlane...Time to get on the grind...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.