The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Ads Audience based on Country of Origin

Marketing, social media, advertising

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
You can based on their interests - think of everything Jamaican that only people from Jamaica would know about. This is how I find super targeted audiences:

Outside the obvious of Bob Marley: think of Jamaican music genres, magazines, foods, events, athletes, famous people etc.

eGrizzly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Hello my fellow Facebook Adseers,

Is it possible while creating Facebook Ads to setup an audience based on where people are from. For instance, if you wanted to target all Jamaican-Americans living in Kansas it would theoretically be something like the below:

1. All people living in the state of Kansas.
2. Who are of Jamaican descent

Are the above demographics possible? Thanks in advance for your advise and input.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eGrizzly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
You can based on their interests - think of everything Jamaican that only people from Jamaica would know about. This is how I find super targeted audiences:

Outside the obvious of Bob Marley: think of Jamaican music genres, magazines, foods, events, athletes, famous people etc.

Thanks Sanj,

How many of these "interests" do you normally include before you get the custom audience to a satisfactory size?

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Custom audiences can be any size. I've delivered impressions when using < 1000 audiences however if you want super charged Lookalikes - wait until you hit a critical mass which is > 1000. The higher the better.

eGrizzly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Custom audiences can be any size. I've delivered impressions when using < 1000 audiences however if you want super charged Lookalikes - wait until you hit a critical mass which is > 1000. The higher the better.

So any particular strategy in coming up with these "interests", or do you just start randomly finding popular magazines, foods, athletes from the particular country?

p.s.: hope I'm not being a nag, lol.

eGrizzly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Well, doing it randomly is definitely a bad move lol.

You can go into Facebook Ads manager to look for Facebook suggested interests. These usually aren’t too far off, and should help you find inspiration in terms of interests to target.

Another quick and easy way is to target your competitor’s page as an interest.

Also you can do a bit of cyber stalking by checking your competitor’s page and make a list of interests that their fans are into.

Hope that helps!

Great. Thanks itfactor.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
@eGrizzly one thing I learned to make the most out of your budget it targeting as specific as you can get. I believe you can also add FB Pages (in the Interests field), so if you know an FB pages where your target audiences are then you can add that too.

itfactor

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
May 18, 2019
So any particular strategy in coming up with these "interests", or do you just start randomly finding popular magazines, foods, athletes from the particular country?

p.s.: hope I'm not being a nag, lol.

Well, doing it randomly is definitely a bad move lol.

You can go into Facebook Ads manager to look for Facebook suggested interests. These usually aren’t too far off, and should help you find inspiration in terms of interests to target.

Another quick and easy way is to target your competitor’s page as an interest.

Also you can do a bit of cyber stalking by checking your competitor’s page and make a list of interests that their fans are into.

Hope that helps!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.