The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facbook advertising for your ebook

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
Anyone tried this? It seems like an easy way to target people with specific interests that apply to books you've written. Sci-fi, fantasy, erotica, how-to, whatever. The only drawback I see is that I personally never click on Facebook ads. I have no idea if I'm representative of the public in general though. Your experiences?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cyberseraph

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 18, 2013
Germany
I tried paid advertisement on Facebook. It did not work for me though. In my opinion people are on Facebook to hang out, not to buy products and will therefore less likely click on ads.

What I did try as well is looking for groups that are related to my books (my first book was a how-to). Then I joined those groups as a member, posted my book cover with a link to Amazon. I would write then that the book is discounted only for a few days. This method worked for me and people bought. Even better, I've got feedback via comments about what is wrong with my cover or title ;)

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
I could say that I don't believe in any kind of ads as I buy only what I need. Facebook campaign can be succesfull but you shoud experiment with various of potential buyers. I never click on ads on facebook because I just never notice it, but a friend of mine tried it to gain likes for fanpage and it worked just perfect. I clicked on ad about two weeks ago and this was the 1st time ever! And people like me can be count in millions. The main goal is to hit the right target group of people that will bring the biggest profit.

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I tried paid advertisement on Facebook. It did not work for me though. In my opinion people are on Facebook to hang out, not to buy products and will therefore less likely click on ads.

Be careful about making assumptions about other people, based on your own preferences. Likely as with most people on this forum, I hardly (if ever) click on ads online, and actually run ad blockers for that reason.

However, if I went on the assumption that everyone is like me, right now I wouldn't be running paid campaigns on Adwords, Facebook or Bing, and I wouldn't be successful with them.....

Never assume anything. Test everything.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

90% of FB's revenue comes from ad sales.

Facebook made over $7B in 2013 on ad revenue alone.

Let me put that into perspective. That's $7,000,000,000. Nine zeros.

People spend that kind of money on ads because people click on them and then buy.

But people do go on FB to hang out...that's why the kind of advertising you do there is a little different than, say, AdWords campaigns where people are looking for your product.

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
What I did when I was doing it was not actually try to drive sales but instead I drove to a squeeze that gave away two chapters of my book for free - which got them on my email list and then I could sell on the book.

Was somewhat successful. Was like 0.04c a click so was fun to experiment with.

Amazon are currently in beta-testing for PPC ads for books.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Amazon are currently in beta-testing for PPC ads for books.

Really?

Is this the right site for that? http://services.amazon.com/content/product-ads-on-amazon.htm

Seems like a big opportunity to get in on the ground floor. And it removes luck from the equation...

EDIT: Seems like its not for books....?

1iRC9MF.png

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
You needed to sign up to get the option to do it. I actually missed the opportunity but my friend got in on the beta and is testing just now.

Its done from within your KDP dashboard.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
You needed to sign up to get the option to do it. I actually missed the opportunity but my friend got in on the beta and is testing just now.

Its done from within your KDP dashboard.

Sounds like a great opportunity for him.

jimr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 5, 2012
London, UK

What I did try as well is looking for groups that are related to my books (my first book was a how-to). Then I joined those groups as a member, posted my book cover with a link to Amazon. I would write then that the book is discounted only for a few days. This method worked for me and people bought. Even better, I've got feedback via comments about what is wrong with my cover or title ;)

Using related groups is a method I've started testing just recently. Any tips or pointers that might help?

ped89

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 17, 2013
Using related groups is a method I've started testing just recently. Any tips or pointers that might help?
Are you talking about PPC or do you mean posting in related FB groups?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.