• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

F*ck This Process?

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by Dignium, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Dignium

Dignium New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $46
    Is there such thing as an F This Process without culminating in a F This Event? Considering the right process is the foundation of the desired events, Can you nudge yourself with an F This Process and gradually gain the same result as having an FTE? I’ve read both TMF & Unscripted, and the FT Event feels to me like the only ‘event idealism’ in the book.

Has anybody experienced a F This Process without a F This Event? And did you feel that you didn’t need the FTE because you had a FTP? Do you think you need a FT Event if you have a solid FT Process? Or should I begin the process of manufacturing my FTE?

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,821
    Admin Post
    You're overthinking it.

Go start a business.

Set yourself FREE.

That desire itself should be strong enough because you're here.

Legend, JScott, MattR82 and 31 others like this.
  3. WealthyMarketer

WealthyMarketer Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $270
    Wow, thanks for putting it so succinctly MJ!

4. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,727
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mattie, Dre2001 and Xeon like this.
  5. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof 1% Better Every Day Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,912
    Marcuso and The Abundant Man like this.
  6. Dignium

Rep Bank:
    $46
    Wow, thank you to all who replied.

I read Manufacturing a FTE and it appears you can do a F This Process without said process culminating in a F This Event, achieving the same mental paridigm shift you would with a FTE.

7. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,225
    I never had a defining FTE or FTP.

I just realized along the way, seeing countless examples of why one way of life is more likely to create freedom and wealth than another.

The Millionaire Fastlane and a few others more or less gave me the courage to leave other people's expectations about what I should do behind for what I already knew in my heart and head was right. The books helped me realize it was totally OK to pursue this life.

I second MJ. You are overthinking it.

Kingmaker, astr0, SteveO and 5 others like this.
  8. 404profound

404profound Platinum Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,912
    You're in San Jose. You're in the epicenter of entrepreneurship. Stop splitting hairs and take action.

Dignium likes this.
  9. Strm

Strm Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $520
    I've never had a strong FTE either. Probably because I never had to take any major bullshit while working slowlane jobs. But I want to be FREE. And it keeps me going every day, sometimes more, sometimes less. When the WHY is strong, you can make anything.

Dignium and Romeo D. like this.
  10. László Károlyi

László Károlyi New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $96
    At this point in my life, I rather would be piss poor and free than a slave for somebody (or their business). Even if I don't 'succeed' in life.

Might just be me, but right now I say freedom above all.

GrandRub and Dignium like this.
  11. Dignium

Rep Bank:
    $46
    Thank you all for pointing out that I’m overthinking it. I really have been overthinking points and specifics of the Fastlane ideology because I’ve been “pre-wiring” my brain for the Fastlane.

For years I’ve followed those living alternate lifestyles and lived some aspects of it (hermits, homesteaders, “humble poor”, permaculture, preppers, those in the zeitgeist movement & Venus project etc. - many of these imply a Slowlane lifestyle is unethical!!

Im almost done eradicating as much of this subconsciously imbued anti-capitalist propaganda as I can before beginning my Fastlane in earnest. My process so far includes 2 years of absorbing Fastlane ideology while eradicating 8 years of anti-capitalist thinking. It really saddens me when I hear people neglect their mind before and during their Fastlane, build their Fastlane, only to have their limiting beliefs sabotage it - or they make it in the Fastlane only to blow it away on the Sidewalk.

The subconscious mind is the foundation of your entire life. In that regard, I have some value to share in the near future.

Who else has overthought or is overthinking points of the Fastlane ideology and how did you overcome it (other than executing of course, unless executing is the only way to not overthink things)?

I had these questions prepared for threads, and now won’t be posting them as threads. I’m sharing them as quotes here as an window into overthinking for those looking for an example of what not to do:
    “Slowlane vs Fastlane: effort showdown (can a Fastlane be 9-5 with effective execution?)”
    And
    “I believe there is such thing as a real victim. (Imagine someone who born in a third world country, had To figure out everything themselves. ZERO oppurtunities, ZERO money, used exploited and abused. taught total dogma and ”you should be happy to be alive for your next bite”. Someone who is in an internment camp from birth...)” (BTW: I aim to free as many of these “real victims” As I can “buying a pack of gum” afford, and to have the max impact I need to free myself first).

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  12. 404profound

404profound Platinum Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,912
    I call this 'merging', as do some others. People often have to retain the job while building a business, it's just the reality of it. Doesn't mean having a job in the mean time should be viewed as 'evil' or counterproductive. Sure, it'd be nice to have the whole day to pour into the business (and for sure, that's what weekends are for). However, it's easier to work on a business when worries about income aren't keeping you awake at night.

MattR82 likes this.
  13. GrandRub

GrandRub Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $156
    Love that Image!

Fun Fact:
    The Motto of the People living in northern Germany ( the frisians) is " id rather be dead than a slave" they even have that on their flag
    [​IMG]
    but... i think they think that may not apply to slowlane living.

Dignium and Xeon like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.