The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Execution vs Preparation... my struggle revealed

EthanMac1984

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
May 30, 2017
Tennessee
I've had a business idea for ten years, but never had the chance to do anything with it until recently... and now I see a massive mistake I've made, thanks to @MJ DeMarco and Unscripted .

I've been mistaking preparation for execution.

For the last several months I've taken action, but it has all been preparation, not execution.

I haven't finished the book yet, but it has made me rethink a lot of things so that I'll be acting much quicker, more effectively, or at the very least failing faster so I can readjust.

If you're new to the forum and entrepreneurship like me I strongly suggest getting a copy of Unscripted . Chapters 38 and 39 are blowing my mind. Wish I had had my eyes open to this months ago.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Sep 9, 2012
Los Angeles/Tokyo
If you're new to the forum and entrepreneurship like me I strongly suggest getting a copy of Unscripted . Chapters 38 and 39 are blowing my mind. Wish I had had my eyes open to this months ago.

I totally agree regarding Chapters 38 and 39. It was so liberating to hear that it's totally OK to just "wing it" and how "you don't know what you need to know until you know." I used to think 20 steps ahead and get discouraged. I now realize that I only need to figure out the one step that's immediately in front of me, and keep doing that with each step until I magically find myself at step 20.

EthanMac1984

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
May 30, 2017
Tennessee
I thought I had to have all the answers too. I'm wasting no time fixing my mistake. Executing tonight per Unscripted . Really pulled the rug out from under me, but my head hitting the floor knocked some sense into me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.