The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Exclusive] How to use Pinterest to drive traffic

Marketing, social media, advertising

healzer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 8, 2016
Belgium
Hi girls/guys :)

As a new guy on the block, I think it would be very appropriate to share something nice & exclusive with you.
I have been doing Amazon affiliates in 2013-2015 and made some really nice side-income.

I've written quite a lot about my methods / strategies on my blogs and forum.
But I've also written an ebook which I used to sell for $30 (excl. VAT) -- 40 pages long.
but now I'm giving it away for free on this forum only.

You can download it here:
Download Source

In this ebook you will learn how to setup an ecommerce store (no details, you can use Shopify or some Wordpress template with ecommerce capabilities).
But more importantly it teaches how to start and manage your Pinterest account.
Pinterest has changed quite a bit (mainly design wise) since I wrote the guide, but luckily the methods still work.
This is not a dirty get-rich-quick-scheme. It's a proven method to build a business that can last for years.

For me personally, I am more into product development (R&D) than eCommerce, so at some point in time I've abandoned that ship.
However, I truly hope some of you can still find value in this.

Cheers!

Edit:
I dug up some proof, I remember having some screenshots lying around, so here you go:
UCq8QDA.png

G-analytics from that same period:
W6ib9uB.png

Edit 2:
You may ask why I've stopped doing this method, the answer is pretty apparent.
My passion is not running an ecommerce or an affiliates store. I don't feel very comfortable/motivated selling someone else's products.

Actually, if you look at the (outdated) earnings report I've posted above, you'll see that the amount of money that goes into my pocket, compared to the amount earned by the supplier is quite astonishing. I take home a mere 5-8% of the price. I you can agree with me that earning 92-95% is better than 5-8%.

-

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hi girls/guys :)

As a new guy on the block, I think it would be very appropriate to share something nice & exclusive with you.
I have been doing Amazon affiliates in 2013-2015 and made some really nice side-income.

I've written quite a lot about my methods / strategies on my blogs and forum.
But I've also written an ebook which I used to sell for $30 (excl. VAT) -- 40 pages long.
but now I'm giving it away for free on this forum only.

You can download it here:
PinTycoon.v2.pdf

In this ebook you will learn how to setup an ecommerce store (no details, you can use Shopify or some Wordpress template with ecommerce capabilities).
But more importantly it teaches how to start and manage your Pinterest account.
Pinterest has changed quite a bit (mainly design wise) since I wrote the guide, but luckily the methods still work.
This is not a dirty get-rich-quick-scheme. It's a proven method to build a business that can last for years.

For me personally, I am more into product development (R&D) than eCommerce, so at some point in time I've abandoned that ship.
However, I truly hope some of you can still find value in this.

Cheers!

Edit:
I dug up some proof, I remember having some screenshots lying around, so here you go:
UCq8QDA.png

G-analytics from that same period:
W6ib9uB.png

Edit 2:
You may ask why I've stopped doing this method, the answer is pretty apparent.
My passion is not running an ecommerce or an affiliates store. I don't feel very comfortable/motivated selling someone else's products.

Actually, if you look at the (outdated) earnings report I've posted above, you'll see that the amount of money that goes into my pocket, compared to the amount earned by the supplier is quite astonishing. I take home a mere 5-8% of the price. I you can agree with me that earning 92-95% is better than 5-8%.

-

Download not working, also opens up random affiliate links.

healzer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 8, 2016
Belgium
Download not working, also opens up random affiliate links.
Thank you for notifying me about this issue. I do not have that problem when using Mediafire (maybe because I use adBlocker).
To solve this issue I've added a 2nd download source , please try that one instead. :)

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Thank you for notifying me about this issue. I do not have that problem when using Mediafire (maybe because I use adBlocker).
To solve this issue I've added a 2nd download source , please try that one instead. :)

Cool, thanks, that works now; I like the chapter list, I'm going to dive in and check it out. (I use adblocker as well).

ZeroToOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 6, 2017
KS

I'd just get rid of the Mediafire link altogether.

There were some good thoughts in the PDF and I learned a little bit more about Pinterest, so thanks for sharing. With that said, I'm still not sure I understand how to create a call to action. I'm also not sure I see the value in creating multiple accounts rather than focusing efforts on one strongly branded account, but admittedly I've never spent more than a few minutes on the site.

healzer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 8, 2016
Belgium
I'd just get rid of the Mediafire link altogether.

There were some good thoughts in the PDF and I learned a little bit more about Pinterest, so thanks for sharing. With that said, I'm still not sure I understand how to create a call to action. I'm also not sure I see the value in creating multiple accounts rather than focusing efforts on one strongly branded account, but admittedly I've never spent more than a few minutes on the site.
I fully understand where you are coming from.
A call to action is created by establishing value, and value isn't necessarily tangible. People buy what others are buying (like a herd of sheep) -- that's how markets operate. The idea is to do the same on Pinterest/ Instagram/ Facebook/ ...
That being said, you can definitely (and I usually recommend it) focus only on one or two branded accounts.
However, online there are no guarantees and luck plays a high role in the success game. By having more accounts (lets say 5) you can spot early on which account has most potential. I NEVER ever recommend people to do mass account setups (= just spam and it's stupidly aweful). However, if we early on do some A/B testing using multiple accounts to see which ones are gaining most exposure/followers then we can abandon all other ones and focus on the winner.

Hope this makes sense :)

*PS: Mediafire link removed.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Interesting, as you say it's a lot of work for 5-8% of revenue; however I can see how using some of these techniques could be good for your own product(s).

healzer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 8, 2016
Belgium
Interesting, as you say it's a lot of work for 5-8% of revenue; however I can see how using some of these techniques could be good for your own product(s).
If you have physical products (clothes, gadgets, accessories, ...) then you can definitely make a killing.
However, at that time I didn't know better than affiliate marketing -- if I was more mature I would've done drop shipping with much higher profit margins instead.

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
Going to check this out, thanks! Did you ever try running this strategy on CPA networks with much higher payouts than AMZ?

healzer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 8, 2016
Belgium
Going to check this out, thanks! Did you ever try running this strategy on CPA networks with much higher payouts than AMZ?
Yes I definitely have, my personal experience wasn't very successful with CPA offers and Pinterest traffic though :)

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Download link doesnt work, would actually like to get the infos, incase anyone can send me the pdf :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.