The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Excited

bdm

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jan 8, 2023
Hi

I recently finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and it really impacted me. Im a guy in my early 30s from scandinavia, growing up surrounded by public servants with no desire or knowledge to build wealth.

I had the same view of money as the sidewalkers until my late 20s when the pain of mediocrity made me read some personal finance books. Before reading the Millionaire Fastlane I thought I was doing the right thing since I had taken control over my finances by following the script promoted by the popular personal finance books and people. I was also doing more to change my situation than the average person around me, making me believe I was doing what rich people do.

Something about a mediocre life has always bothered me, but the book made me realize that I had just been lured into another mediocre life script.

The constant focus on saving in index-funds, the rule of 72 to double my investment, thinking if I buy this then I cant buy that etc, made me really have a scarcity mentality, and that seems to have seeped into to all aspects of my life.

The book was able to break that conditioning. The book gave me more of a feeling of control over my situation than my previous mindset did. I feel that I can spend money on what I really want and to invest in my ability to create a fastlane system instead of agonizing over that I should have bought more index-funds.

I have also agonized for long time over trying to get my passions to match with a way to make money. MJ made me realize I have to stop thinking of what I want and instead focus on giving people what they want and they will want to give me money in exchange. Looking at my life up until this point I realize its true, but I have not been able to see it because I was so focused on what I wanted, thinking I was a person who saw other peoples needs.

I also looked at the specific personal finance person I have been following for a few years, and it matches what MJ says in the book.

-He accumulated most of his wealth from a fastlane system.
-Mostly focused on saving
-Follow your passion

The book made me excited to create a fastlane

Thank you
/bdm

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, great to have ya.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
The book inplugs you.

It uproots you from the script.

You may keep at a job, but you are no longer anchored to the slowlane script.

You are free.

You know there are guys and organisations out there wanting to write your playbook for you and direct your play for you, and what's more, you know it is up to you to smack their asses and kick them outayourway.

And you go ahead and do it.

You put away all those Wall Street Gurus because you know they're lying to you. They want you to die rich, as if that's the only way, yet there are other better ways, there's Fastlane.

And that's how you get Unplugged

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...