The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Excited to be here and get started

Rudy2

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 12, 2017
United States
Hi all. My name is Andrew. I am 32, have a masters degree in Psychology (with the accompanying parasitic debt) and have always worked in sales. I finished the Millionaire Fastlane over a three day business trip and it really clicked. I was definitely a card carrying member and preacher of the slowlane up until now. I thought Dave Ramsey was where it was at and I've been working for over a year on my "Debt Snowball".

Here's my current plan now that I've read this. Over the three days that I read the book, I recognized the need to take immediate steps. I reached out to an acquaintance that's been trying to recruit me for a while and negotiated my way into an independent contractor agreement as a sales rep that allows me to get perpetual commissions on anything I sell. In the last two days, I've set up meetings with who will potentially be his largest clients by far. As soon as I can get my basic needs covered (I'll need just under $10,000 a month, cause you gotta account for Uncle Sam) by those perpetual commissions I am quitting my job to focus on building my business 6 days a week while selling a bit more for 1 day a week just in case it takes me a while to get something successfully off the ground. There's a lot of details in there and a bit of risk but I feel like the major pieces are lined up. I think if I REALLY PUSH, then by December or February I should be working on my Fastlane full-time. That gives me about 6 months to develop a list of potential Fastlane opportunities and stack rank them. Looking forward to learning from you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Hi all. My name is Andrew. I am 32, have a masters degree in Psychology (with the accompanying parasitic debt) and have always worked in sales. I finished the Millionaire Fastlane over a three day business trip and it really clicked. I was definitely a card carrying member and preacher of the slowlane up until now. I thought Dave Ramsey was where it was at and I've been working for over a year on my "Debt Snowball".

First off, welcome to the Fastlane Forum Andrew C.

Just to give my two cents, I am also an avid listener of Dave Ramsey as well. I have listened to him for about 9 years and even though his process of getting out of debt seemed like it was sound, the one thing that was needed to work for this was "creating income" in the first place. When I listened to TMF , it really opened my eyes and having a different mindset that doing it Dave Ramsey style wasn't going to work for me and that it was the script that sidewalk or slow-lane people listened to. Now don't get me wrong, I think that some of what he says is still golden such as depending on credit cards or "fleecing" your cars is still a stupid idea. Also being a Christian myself, he has a lot of biblical principles that I agree with as well. But after listening to him for several years and still stuck on step 1, I knew I had to change paths on creating wealth. Getting a job or career and try to leave money for my loved ones when I die wasn't going to work for me. Entrepreneurship is my path to wealth now.

I'm glad you took the red pill and not the blue one. Again, welcome to the forum.

Rudy2

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 12, 2017
United States
Well, it's been less than two weeks since I first read TMF and decided to get started. I applied to a couple other jobs that I felt like would give me a little extra time to focus on my side gig. The side gig will get me recurring income, allowing me to quit the 9-5 and focus on entrepreneurial pursuits exclusively. One job offer is an hour commute by train with wifi which will give me 2 hours everyday uninterrupted to focus on the side gig/learning/studying. The pay is about the same if not a bit higher than my current job. I think I am going to take it as 2 hours everyday to focus would be amazing. One step closer.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Welcome to the forum @AndrewC and I wish you all the best. Your plan sounds good. I hope it all works as you've planned.

I have to admit that Dave Ramsey's plan has some appeal, and steps 1, 2, 3, 6 & 7 sound like good advice to me. But I do suffer from a chronic aversion to debt.

Baby Step 1 – $1,000 to start an Emergency Fund
Baby Step 2 – Pay off all debt using the Debt Snowball
Baby Step 3 – 3 to 6 months of expenses in savings
Baby Step 4 – Invest 15% of household income into Roth IRAs and pre-tax retirement
Baby Step 5 – College funding for children
Baby Step 6 – Pay off home early
Baby Step 7 – Build wealth and give!

The primary challenge appears to be the method used to "build wealth"! We here all know that there is a different way than step #4.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rudy2

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 12, 2017
United States
Well, it's been a couple more weeks. I have been pushing hard on my side gig and the opportunities are developing. It's going slower than I hoped but I can definitely feel forward progress. I have identified what I think will be my Fastlane business. It's a SaaS product. I have started learning some javascript and python on the side to build the product. I am a bit lost though on the design side of things - any helpful pointers on a good resource for the design elements?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...