The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

European FL members, question for you guys

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
EU regulation caps the price of calls inside EU at 19 cents/Min and SMS at 6 cents + VAT.

I think with most plans nowadays it makes no difference if you call domestically or to another EU country. The cost is the same or it is included in the plan. At least that’s how my cheap plan works. But I’m not sure how well people are aware of this, I think many people could still hesitate calling to another EU country.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
American here, but expanding my reach into the European market.

My question is, how do the major cities reach out to one another via phone? For example in U.S., virtually all phone providers permit calls to Canada as part of your plan.

But taking the E.U. into consideration, if someone is in London and wants to call Paris or Madrid or Berlin, do you need to buy an international phone card? Or do you need to invest in an expensive plan?

I'm aware there will be langauge barriers on occasion, but at this point I'm determining the best way to reach out via phone.
All EU countries share the same prices for calls.
Doesnt matter the service provider, which is great.
Outside of those, you can request a list of cost per minute for each country outside the EU.
Usually you can find such a list on the website of the provider.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Inside the EU, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein the roaming is free if you have an EU plan. However, since you have mentioned London it is important to note that UK is no longer a part of the EU. So far, the roaming fees have not been increased. But this will change in January 2022. Vodafone UK and EE will charge roaming fees unless you buy a certain plan. On the other hand, other providers like Vodafone Germany, O2, 1&1 and the German Telekom do not plan to charge roaming fees up to a certain limit.

Sources:
Mobile roaming charges in Europe: What you need to know (in English)
Nach Brexit: Roaming-Gebühren in Großbritannien? (in German)

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Unfortunately due to idiots and racists the UK is no longer part of the EU so the call charges mentioned above no longer apply to us.
The free travel was the best.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Unfortunately due to idiots and racists the UK is no longer part of the EU so the call charges mentioned above no longer apply to us.
With that in mind, is calling the UK notably more expensive? Or just a matter of needing to find the appropriate plan?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
With that in mind, is calling the UK notably more expensive? Or just a matter of needing to find the appropriate plan?

I doubt if it effects people in the EU as it does us. Like you say it's probably a matter of finding the right plan. Where the hit will be taken is the roaming charges and calling out of the UK to Europe. So for instance when you go to Europe your call provider will probably give you add ons to make and receive calls, data, etc.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia

My question is, how do the major cities reach out to one another via phone? For example in U.S., virtually all phone providers permit calls to Canada as part of your plan.

But taking the E.U. into consideration, if someone is in London and wants to call Paris or Madrid or Berlin, do you need to buy an international phone card? Or do you need to invest in an expensive plan?

I'm aware there will be langauge barriers on occasion, but at this point I'm determining the best way to reach out via phone.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
The free travel was the best.
Yup, and being able to work in a whole bunch of countries without work permits, visas etc. Oh well, they're finally realising what a huge mistake it was, so we'll probably rejoin in the next 5-10 years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.