The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating the First Freelance Platform in my Country

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
D

Deleted58089

This is my new intro-execution thread, as many things have changed since my first intro.

I am a supply officer in a warship and have been so for about a year and a half. It is a very time consuming job as I get to leave for many business trips for about half the year in total, while working a 9-5 for the rest. We are sailing most of that time so, my available time to work on a Fastlane business is very limited, as there is no internet connection aboard. This isn’t a limiting mindset, but rather a fact that I have to work around, as for many reasons I cannot quit this job.

It is a life draining job, that stresses the hell out of me with probably one of the worst working environments anyone could work in and low paying for US standards. Still, I am considered to be lucky from many friends and relatives for having a stable, middle income job. On the positive side of things, my job acts as a motivator to educate myself and pushing me to build a Fastlane business. Also, I get to keep my living expenses pretty low and save most of my income.

I joined the forum as soon as I finished reading the Millionaire Fastlane . Soon after that I came across biophase’s threads about e-commerce and I spent some time reading them. So much value in there.

After that, I had to go to a business trip that lasted for six months. Six months that will probably be the longest and most depressing months of my life. I was so mentally exhausted afterwards that I couldn’t focus on anything for a long time. I have been all over the place since then, always thinking of doing different things without eventually doing anything at all. I have asked many members for advice on different subjects, from google ads, affiliate marketing and web design, who would happily reply to me and I’d like to thank them for that. I wouldn’t say that the reason for that is that I am chasing money, rather than my bad mentality and psychology, because of my job.

The last few days I am as motivated as ever before. I want to take some action no matter what for the first time in my life. I need to feel like I am spending my time for the right purpose.
I am evaluating three ideas right now that I want to share with you and hopefully get some feedback;

1. Create an e-commerce brand. This is the subject that I have read the most about and I am the most confident of pursuing at the moment. As I have learned from NOTABLE! - My opinion of the Amazon Marketplace, the best way to succeed nowadays is by launching a product line, not a single product, in many sales channels. But, apart from the virus closing factories in many countries and disrupting the distribution channels, as well a coming recession I am reading about, my budget is limited to $10,000-$15,000. So, I worry it may not be enough.

2. I am thinking of getting into affiliate marketing by creating an affiliate network in my country. Luckily, there is only one competitor in my country. This will neither be an easy nor cheap task to do. I could start by establishing my brand in a specific niche and expanding from there. I also, have to think of ways of providing more value than my competitor.

3. Finally, I could copy a service like iwriter.com in my country. There is no such service in my country, which could either be a huge opportunity or a signal for low demand. Article writers in my country are generally paid very little if nothing per article. I could help them by establishing a platform where they’ll find gigs online and get rewarded for their time. This is my favorite option at the moment, but I have to figure out if there is enough demand first. How would you suggest doing that?

Thanks for reading and sorry for such a long thread!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
What did you specifically do today to execute on any of the 3 ideas you`ve listed?
What actions did you take today?

D

Deleted58089

What did you specifically do today to execute on any of the 3 ideas you`ve listed?
What actions did you take today?
Well I actually made some progress regarding my third option.

I did a research on marketplace softwares available.
There were a few options, and the one that looks the most promising to me is an extension from jungleworks.com called “husky”.
Does anyone have experience using it?
Would you recommend it?

I also contacted an attorney regarding the terms and conditions for the website. Online transactions and taxation are pretty complicated in my country, so I want to be clear about that.
I’ll be waiting a response from him within this week.

I’d like to use escrow for the transactions within my platform. (The same way upwork does). Is there a trustworthy alternative to escrow.com, as I find their fees high enough.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey fmob, thanks for sharing your story!

Can you share, what are those reasons why you cant quit this job?

Looking forward to your reply!

D

Deleted58089

Hey fmob, thanks for sharing your story!

Can you share, what are those reasons why you cant quit this job?

Looking forward to your reply!
I attended a military school for four years to graduate as a supply officer.
And there is a country law that obligates all officers to stay in the service for double the years of the school.

Otherwise you have to pay a fine that equals your net month salary multiplied by the number of months you have left.

So if I decided to quit tomorrow, I’d approximately owe a fine worth of 70 salaries of mine! Yes, you read that right. Seventy salaries! Outrageous.

Even if I had that amount of money I’d rather invest that into a business.
I’m trapped in my job for quite some time yet.

D

Deleted58089

I reevaluated my third option and I came to the conclusion that it has much more potential than I had initially thought.
Instead of a platform targeted solely to writers it could grow to become the first and only Freelance marketplace in my country.
It could contribute to unlocking the freelancing potential in my country, which still is an unknown term for the majority of the population.

It could benefit both businesses and professionals during this period of financial crisis we've been dealing with for more than a decade.

I have no experience in coding, and I am not willing to start learning either.

What solutions would you recommend using for building a freelance platform, that requires almost no coding and to keep expenses low?
So far, I am considering a Wordpress theme called FreelanceEngine and two softwares, Sharetribe and JungleWorks.

Has anyone any experience using them?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I reevaluated my third option and I came to the conclusion that it has much more potential than I had initially thought.
Instead of a platform targeted solely to writers it could grow to become the first and only Freelance marketplace in my country.
It could contribute to unlocking the freelancing potential in my country, which still is an unknown term for the majority of the population.

It could benefit both businesses and professionals during this period of financial crisis we've been dealing with for more than a decade.

I have no experience in coding, and I am not willing to start learning either.

What solutions would you recommend using for building a freelance platform, that requires almost no coding and to keep expenses low?
So far, I am considering a Wordpress theme called FreelanceEngine and two softwares, Sharetribe and JungleWorks.

Has anyone any experience using them?
It could work and wordpres might be a good option.
Make a plan for your MVP and start executing on it.
The faster you can fail the faster you can progress.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.