The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurship while Studying - Decision - Advise needed

Idea threads

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
I would have loved it if when I was at Uni I had the opportunity to cut my teeth at business.

Even though this avenue is unlikely to make him rich, given that few ideas at this stage pan out, he will have the benefit of taking a solid shot at business with minimal risk (I assume there is already funding involved, or some sort of grant). What better period of life to try that? Worst case scenario, they fail after a while and go back to the market with significantly more experience than their peers...

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
With my son I shared ideas regarding entrepreneurship the last years. He has read big parts of TFM.

He is studying engineering.

He now was offered to take part at a startup. Its a program of the university.
They would be 3 people. Each one of economy, informatic and one technical (that would be his part)

The advantages my son sees are making conections to the others and being one of the founders of a busines, when it succeeds.
And the university has a well equipped technical area they could use.

He would bring in a lot of work, develloping the object they want to sell.

Cons are: he wants to, beside his study, make other things, which are important for him. Building garage, then restore oldtimers, make a Youtube channel about it. And doing sports, which is a big part of his life.

Well, I should advise him whether to do that startup or not.

My thoughts :
-I'd test the market first, before I put work in it. But thats not wanted. Maybe success is not the most important thing here, but development.
-Own dreams/projects first.
But
-conections are important and maybe knowing the way to found a business this way is important, too.

Please share your thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ghassane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 25, 2021
Sidi Ifni , Morocco
I have the same problem , I'm an under graduating student and I want to start a project on the side of studying , I live in another city far away of my family so I do everything by my self ,because there's no university in my home town <][>

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.