The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur from Eastern Europe

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hello everyone! :)
I'm a 23 year old entrepreneur from Eastern Europe! I've been keeping an eye on this forum and I really like what I'm seeing. I first got here a few years ago (but didn't join back then, it was 2012 or so from memory) when I first read MJ's book. My hopes out of this forum is that my story and knowledge (as much as it has accumulated till now) can motivate a few people, and that I can learn from my interactions with other members here.

Work Experience

I started my first business (a sports magazine with a betting tips membership) while I was in college. It was a very big plunge initially, but I got to learn about the nuts and bolts of getting a business started and off the ground. I had a partner who I didn't really get along with (whom I just picked because I was too scared to do it all alone at that time - a big mistake, DO IT ALONE!). The business went well initially (profitable but wasn't making anywhere near close to millionaire income), and I ended up selling to my partner after 2 years (mostly because we didn't get along)

One important lesson I learned from my first business, was that I made a lot of sacrifices and had to spend a lot more money because my practical and technical skills were almost non-existent. In addition, I couldn't specify what I wanted to some of the companies I was working with for web design needs and so forth. I ended up paying a lot more than needed, and sometimes paying for small and easy to do jobs.

Another thing I learned is that most people don't put their heart in their work, so I was often very disappointed with the efforts I saw from others, and I hated my reliance on them. Even so called experts suck. So I was determined to not depend on anyone completely. I think learning these things is essential for someone looking to be an entrepreneur.

So about 1 year back I set out to learn how to code + design. In about 2 months I was proficient in HTML, CSS, Wordpress theme development, Wordpress Security, PHP, and Photoshop web designs (the latter being my "main" expertise). I also acquired a minimal knowledge of Javascript and jQuery (but I wouldn't call myself a master there, but I can make my way).

I know that sounds hard to believe for many of you. But I work 24/7 (literarily). I even eat while working. I never go out to party / relax, I haven't met a friend for months probably. My day consists in work, fitness training, reading and sleep. A trick that really helped me learn so fast, is that I watch all tutorials and video material at 2x the speed, and use an ultra-fast gaming mouse. This really shortens the learning curve, great for you if you are HIGHLY motivated and ambitious. If you guys need recommendations for learning material, courses, etc. just let me know, and I'll gladly provide you!

Then I started working as a freelancer, and even got a few local clients. Haven't started another business yet, but been learning so much. In recent months, I've also diversified, and started learning marketing and copywriting (got a few clients there already too - perseverance (and some tactics I've come up with) were essential, copywriting is really crowded. SinisterLex's advice was also good with regards to this, so thanks for that!). This came easier to me to be honest, as my previous business experience was very helpful (as well as my previous reading - I'll go into that later). Right now I'm making a lot more than the average income in my country per month, and I'm about to go find out how I need to pay my taxes, as I have no idea how freelancers are taxed here (not very well regulated), and looking to set up a new business soon as well (web design/development business most likely).

Otherwise, I've never had a job or worked as an employee for someone, nor desired to. Despite pressures from many "friends" and family.

Personality

I am a serious and highly ambitious person. My dream is to be able to make a LOT of money (I do want to be the richest I can be) and then use it to truly make a difference for my country.

I am also very religious. I consider that everyone has a duty to use their talents to the best of their abilities to give as much back to others. Life isn't given to us to cast a shadow on the earth, nor to spend languishing on yachts. It's to work for your fellow men, get all the resources you can, and use them to make a positive difference. The fact that this forum focuses on giving value, is one of the main reasons why I've bothered to make an account here.

I am very analytical and intellectual by nature (to the point that this can be a disadvantage, since it can make me impractical in certain situations).

I hate wasting time or doing things that don't bring results (preferably lasting results for me or for others). That's one of the reasons why I dislike "networking". I see many young entrepreneurs spending huge amounts of time attending conferences etc. - to network - in my humble opinion that's a waste of time. You just feel good because you THINK you're doing something, but when you actually analyse the results you find that there's not much there. You may have made a few friends and connections, but did you really get anything that can bring you results? There's a time for networking, but in my opinion it's certainly NOT a priority for a new entrepreneur. Focus on getting customers instead. SALES!

Things I like

• Philosophy (I'm a big reader of philosophy - have read most of Western Philosophy in detail - it has helped me tremendously in life. I liked seeing a discussion on Stoicism here about 1 week ago! I hope I'll be able to share a few of the lessons I've learned from philosophy)
• Psychology/Marketing
• Design
• Fitness

Things I dislike

• Wasting time
• Cars (I know some of you guys loves them, but I find them terribly boring to talk about, and I dislike driving)
• Nightclubs (well, that goes with wasting time for me lol. I also find it boring)
• People bragging openly about sex (thank God that there is a rule against PUA talk on this forum - I was wondering at first why there isn't the bragging about sexual potency that I see on other business forums - if there was, I wouldn't have joined) - (also I'm quite an upright person when it comes to sexuality, or I've become so in the last few years, wasn't always like this).

My Advice

Know what you want, work hard, work smart, and never give up. Be willing to sacrifice anything (within the bounds of morality of course) to achieve your dream. Given sufficient time, you just cannot fail that way. Sure, you may die trying, but that's not failure in my eyes. Only giving up is failure. Success is an attitude of your spirit, an attitude of never surrendering - that counts more than money in the bank. Money in the bank can vanish, but your spirit stays with you, and with it, you can always make it back!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...