The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Engineering student with sales skills?

AustinEngy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 20, 2017
Minneapolis
I read TMF over the course of a couple months (I'm a very slow reader) after feeling disgruntled by Tai Lopez and finding a forum where someone mentioned the book. Though I feel a lot of the information in the book was straight forward, I've found a number of bits that would help me determine if an idea is worth pursuing. Particularly, the CENTS section of the book was great.

A background about me, I'm currently about to finish up an Electrical Engineering degree but have been focusing on honing my social skills and networking over the last year. Through this I've come to realize what I've been feeling my whole life, that I really don't want to work in a typical job, but desire to be someone who truly creates from my own visions.

Since I was a young kid in Cub Scouts, I've always had a nack for selling things, popcorn, Christmas wreaths, project ideas and my own experiences and abilities to employers. When I've gone to engineering competitions many of my peers struggle to convey their abilities and accomplishments to employers while I get thrilled off of showing off my projects. In turn, I feel these skills would be highly valuable in executing ideas and being able to convince customers and investors on the value of my products.

I get that people say you don't need a revolutionary idea to make money, but I feel that with my engineering experience that I'm likely to do best in the area of developing a proprietary product. I've still got a lot of reading to do, but reading TMF and this forum has helped me to be more alert to people's struggles, and to investigate negative experiences I find or hear about for potential Fastlane viability.

That's me!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Since I was a young kid in Cub Scouts, I've always had a nack for selling things, popcorn, Christmas wreaths, project ideas and my own experiences and abilities to employers. When I've gone to engineering competitions many of my peers struggle to convey their abilities and accomplishments to employers while I get thrilled off of showing off my projects. In turn, I feel these skills would be highly valuable in executing ideas and being able to convince customers and investors on the value of my products.

This tells me you have the skillset to make it happen.

Read UNSCRIPTED . It will tell you the next steps.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the introduction.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
An engineering consulting business?
Sell everyday.
Less and less competition by the day.
Look into some local ones for your first gig out of school.
You may fall into one that the principal is looking to retire and be willing to set you up in business.
If you can sell, you have the key skill for fastlaning it.

ilik

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 21, 2017
Georgia
if you are having knowledge in Electrical Engineering then get your butt to Georgia (country) here where i live and build something with me. then we will sell it. i am an Electronics engineer (microcontrollers and such) with experience of few years. basically anything that needs electronic brain and a bit of smartness is my kind of thing.

i am short in manpower. you will have to accommodate and feed yourself though.

i'm damn tired to serve somebody else to make for a living. although i have twice the average salary, i, -just like you; feel that i deserve much more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...