The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Engineer and Entrepreneur joining the forum!

OliverW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Mar 22, 2017
SRQ, FL
Hi All,

My name is Oliver and I'm turning 30 this year and my fire is burning brighter than ever as I reflect on my past 5 years of mediocrity. Currently, I am a mechanical engineer full time and entrepreneur of an app company. I have had quite a few bumps in the road but I think I'm in the fast lane. I'm very excited to talk to similar minded people on here as there are none in my current network. I'm looking forward to learning, growing and contributing on this forum!

My story:
In high school I didn't know what I wanted to do and took up a job as a Jeweler. After two years I was sick of the trade and said I need to do something more with my life so I went to college and studied mechanical engineering. I enjoy math and science and it sounded cool, so I studied hard pushed myself through, graduated and got a job. After 2 years the shiny wore off so I moved to London where I got a contracting position making more money. I traveled on the weekends and saw a bunch of Europe but after a year I was sick of all the money I was spending on traveling and not saving. So I moved back to Florida, continued my contracting job remotely and got up my old job back. I also started to get really into day trading; automated and discretionary. I was working 75 hours a week for an hourly rate, getting paid good money and using it to fund my trading. Unfortunately, my lack of self discipline and desire to never give up resulted in me losing all the money I was saving. After 2 years my contract ended, so I stopped the brakes on the trading and now I just working full time and have shifted my focus onto an app idea which I now spend all my free time working on. I'm hoping to get a MVP out by the end of the year...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

but I think I'm in the fast lane.

Did you read the book? It identifies this "fastlane" concept we throw around here like plates at an Greek wedding.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...